MoFo Fantasy Baseball 2012 - The Regular Season

Tools    

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
on the other hand, at times its fun as f+ck to be a homer. Bautista and Encarcion with the double steal, and both come home to plate on the lawrie clutch double was awesome.

Crazy as it sounds Encarcion has been the straw stirren the jays drink, not bautista.

i think what we are seeing this year from jose is what many were worried would happen last year.

closer to a .260 avg, 30 homers or so and 90-100 ribbies.

which really aint nuthen to sneeze at.

I just chickened out bigtime! I grab Bal SP Jason Hammel off waivers, and his #'s have been stellar. Catch is he would have to be pitching in New York vs the Stankees tonight, and then after that Boston. At the last minute I decided to go with Det Duane Below vs KC. Ive seen what the Yankees and Red Sox can do to some incredible pitchers

This may seem crazy but I actually kinda like my team a little bit.

A system of cells interlinked
Longo is down for a few days, so I am back on the Ty Wigginton train for a sub! Starting to smell like 2011....

As far as subs and day-off guys go, it's hard to be The Wigg for flexibility!

Not bad, as far as subs go.

Gonna bide my time for a few weeks, unless something perfect presents itself, to see where my pitching's at. Pretty sure my offense is the league's best (traded for Konerko because Freeman started horribly...now Freeman's killing the ball. File this under "good problems to have"), which means I really just need a league average pitching staff to be around the top of the standings. On paper it looks like I've got more than that, but hey, they don't play the games on paper.

So, we'll see if, in mid-May-ish, I need to unload some of the hitting for pitching. But I'm fairly confident the pitching will keep picking up on its own.

My batting has to be up near the top, no? My guys are league leaders or close to it in many categories... Dudes like Jeter, Hamilton and Longo all seem to be on fire right now...

And....as with last season, dial me in at LAST in pitching

Yeah, you're actually ahead of me right now in overall hitting. I'm just saying I think I'm gonna catch ya'. Should, at least, given I'm #2 without Upton or Cano hitting. But then, if Hamilton and Longoria keep hitting this way...

My batting has to be up near the top, no? My guys are league leaders or close to it in many categories... Dudes like Jeter, Hamilton and Longo all seem to be on fire right now...

And....as with last season, dial me in at LAST in pitching
Ha! Glad to see you changed your tune about your team. Winning does that.

Incredible game last night in Tampa vs the Mariners. 12th inning, and Longos sub Elliot Johnson, who I dont think has ever went .200 avg (good fielder though), got the game winning run in. Felix Hernandez is nothing less than impressive.

Yeah I saw that last night. The reports say it was an awkward slide into 2nd, but Joe Madden said he noticed Evan when running to 2nd, wince, and then was running gingerly. He was back to old form this year too, and after that awful 1st half of the season last year I was hoping this would be a career year. Id still trade for him, but no not CC & HanRam.

Guess who just got completely rocked by St Louis, the guy I picked up from waivers. Anyway ol AJ Burnett will be dropped tomorrow if anyones interested. Double check waiver positionings accordingly.

Did anyone have Burnett slotted last night? He got completely clobbered....One of the worst pitching performances in a while from any pitcher...St. Louis just destroyed the guy, and he gave up like 12 runs in less than 3 innings.

EDIT - I see Tongo going off about him a few posts up...guess I should catch up first,eh?

Bummer on Longo, but what can ya do... It sucks but luckily, my buddy Mike Aviles from my hometown team is having a pretty decent run right now. He is obviously not on a level with a guy like Longo, but he should keep my team from plummeting too far, and The Wigg can sub on off-days for now.

But he needs to be shagging flies. I mean, how else is he going to get any better?

Wait...what's that? He's not an outfielder? He's a pitcher? A relief pitcher? Hmmm.

Bum luck, but then, the guy's 42. It's weird something like this didn't happen years ago.