The Upgrade Bug Report Thread

Tools    

Normal PC has IE on it and so, yes, all is/was fine. And I can post here, of course, just not in the Shoutbox.

But yes, it's the Asus eeePC/netbook. Linux crapola. But I assume the issue is Firefox itself and not Linux. No?
I think the issue is FireFox 2, specifically. I'll have a closer look...

oh. here's one: i tried to leave a comment for someone and when clicking the "Leave Comment" button, the comment window took opened a new page showing the same thread.

I retested it be sending you a comment on the above post Yoda, and it just opened this page in the Comment Window. Did you get the comment?
I did. But you're right, there's an error with the redirect. I'll add that to the list, though I should be able to fix that one pretty quickly once I get home.

nice! since it works, its no big rush. now I know not to resend the same comment! Thanks.

The Adventure Starts Here!
No biggie here for me either. I use the eeePC for goofing around but I can always do Shoutbox stuff from the main PC upstairs.

Is FF2 the latest one? I didn't get any upgrade notices last time I asked the eee to look for upgrades and updates of its software....

Hmm, it's working for me in Firefox 2 now. I wonder if it took awhile to cache the new JavaScript file. Could anyone else using FF2 weigh in and let me know if The Shoutbox works for them? You can find your version number by going to Help -> About Mozilla Firefox.

Okay, the Rep Tracker's back up on the My Profile page.

Is anyone having any trouble actually giving/receiving rep at this point? There were numerous references right after the upgrade about rep system problems, but I can't tell if they were referring to the missing Rep Tracker box, or the actual rep-giving process.

I've just spent the last two hours writing a review for the Movie Tab, only for the site to log me out and lose the entire review. The auto save didn't work and I'm gonna have to start again.

that happens to me all the time no matter what forum Im on UF - which is why I've always Crtl +V'd my posts before pressing that lil "post" button.

that or may write them notepad then cut +paste?

The AutoSave feature, like most of the other modifications, isn't available now that we've upgraded. We may be apply to re-apply it soon, but it shouldn't be relied upon if it at all possible.

As primitive as it sounds, I always do what mack does, too; just copy it to your clipboard. Takes 5 seconds. If you want to be super-safe (I often think I've copied someonthing when I haven't), paste it into a blank text file before submitting.

Unfortunately, this kind of thing is bound to happen, particularly if a page is left to sit for hours on end. I certainly feel your pain, though -- I think every regular has lost at least one super-long post.

I don't know if it's a bug, but someone sent me a friends request which I can't seem to accept/save (or am too stupid too). I'd like to get rid of it because that little sign is reserved for the holiest of hole, the PM notification.

Okay, leaving comments now displays the correct confirmation message, rather than redirecting you back to the thread inside the popup window.

One more down. We're getting there.

You're a Genius all the time
The one thing I'm missing the most are the avatars showing up on the Who's Online? page.

I realize that's not a top priority or anything; I'm just throwing it out here.

I miss it, too, actually. It's funny, I thought it might be excessive when I first put it together (it was a custom modification), but in retrospect I really came to rely on it for quickly identifying users.

It'll definitely be back in some form soon. In fact, if you liked it before, you should like a lot of the customizations coming up.

Okay, I think we've fixed the the IMG tag issue for IE 7 users. You may still receive a confirmation prompt from the browser itself, but unfortunately that's inevitable.

If that happens to you, and you find it annoying, though, either post here or PM me and I'd be glad to share some instructions on how to give the browser blanket permission for it without being prompted each time.

So, are the uploaded pictures I had here completely gone? Or do you perhaps have access to them still Chris. I kept all of my 'welcome' signs here because it was convenient but I can transfer them over to photobucket or what have you but I can't get to them from my end.

Sorry if I missed this, but . . .

About our comments. Mine don't scroll, but it's because the end of the comment box is missing. Like right above this "Quick Reply" box, is this icon for closing it. Those same icons on my profile page are only halfway showing up. So the comment box is cut off before the scrollbar appears.

So, are the uploaded pictures I had here completely gone? Or do you perhaps have access to them still Chris. I kept all of my 'welcome' signs here because it was convenient but I can transfer them over to photobucket or what have you but I can't get to them from my end.
Still got 'em. Just need to see if the script that handled the uploads still works. Files are all safe and sound, though.

Sorry if I missed this, but . . .

About our comments. Mine don't scroll, but it's because the end of the comment box is missing. Like right above this "Quick Reply" box, is this icon for closing it. Those same icons on my profile page are only halfway showing up. So the comment box is cut off before the scrollbar appears.
Are you using Internet Explorer 6?

Are you using Internet Explorer 6?
Something tells me you already know the answer to that.

Man, I hate Internet Explorer 7. I have to change it, don't I?!?

I am half agony, half hope.
My shouts disappear into cyberspace and don't appear in the shoutbox. I tried it this a.m. and just now...I got nuthin'. Not a big deal really, since I rarely go there.

Johann von Goethe