Let's give the moderators a round of applause

Tools    

So, this isn't about spam high scores, but I didn't know where else to post it, and it simply must be shared with others.

We had another one of those "hey check out my YouTube videos of the six funniest movie franchises!" guys stop by. I removed the threads and sent the standard message about self-promotion. A bunch of angry emails follow. They're full of swear words, so I tell him he's basically throwing a tantrum, and he comes back with this absolute gem:

Studies. Studies that measure how likely people are to be real.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I love that this gets it;s own thread. Excellent job and great team work. Are you all in different timezones?

Not all, but there's a nice cross-section. We deliberately made sure to add someone on the west coast, someone in the UK, et cetera, to give us better coverage.

Not all, but there's a nice cross-section. We deliberately made sure to add someone on the west coast, someone in the UK, et cetera, to give us better coverage.
Or just employ insomniacs as mods, then you've got it covered 24/7.

Very impressive. It's beer o'clock friday and I;m shouting

I don't really know what you mean. Technically, all posts are subject to the site's rules, and we don't willfully ignore any forum or thread, but it's not feasible for us to catch everything on our own, either, so sometimes we don't notice things right away. We count on users bringing things to our attention as necessary to cover the gaps.

I'm always impressed how reasonable and patient this team is. Also very interactive with the members.

Dannii, probably just depends on which threads they're in and which posts are brought to their attention.

I don't really know what you mean. Technically, all posts are subject to the site's rules, and we don't willfully ignore any forum or thread, but it's not feasible for us to catch everything on our own, either, so sometimes we don't notice things right away. We count on users bringing things to our attention as necessary to cover the gaps.
I thought that cos there's loads of threads and i've just found loads more after poking around, some as far back as 2002.

Is every post monitored or just certain ones? Being my first forum i wouldn't know.
I think that posts made by users with cartoon avatars are usually monitored most of all as they tend to be the real troublemakers

I'm always impressed how reasonable and patient this team is. Also very interactive with the members.

Dannii, probably just depends on which threads they're in and which posts are brought to their attention.
You have a cool name by the way Dani!

I thought that cos there's loads of threads and i've just found loads more after poking around, some as far back as 2002.
Yods started this place 15 or 16 years ago. You'll find heaps of threads, hon.

And just because

one for the henchmen and henchgals

Mods have a tough job.

I think that posts made by users with cartoon avatars are usually monitored most of all as they tend to be the real troublemakers
LMAO. You're terrible, Muriel.

Haha!! You may be one that does get monitored every time you're here!!
She's a pussy cat.

Yods started this place 15 or 16 years ago. You'll find heaps of threads, hon.

And just because

one for the henchmen and henchgals

Mods have a tough job.

LOL Derek. I have been awarded this compliment before. I want to meet my sister Madly Stan.