Rate the last album you've heard

Tools    

McCoy Tyner - Nights of Ballads & Blues

I went to Vinyl con and managed to buy 1976 re-release. It is near-mint. There is a slight damage to sleebe otherwise it's a great copy.

Welcome to the human race...

I've long since left my Zep phase, yet I felt compelled to revisit this. Can't really bring myself to outright hate it but "Wearing and Tearing" really is the only track that comes across as decent.

Been getting more into black metal (and depressive black metal) lately, still a noob with it but here are two that have especially resonated with me.

Burzum - Hvis lyset tar oss -

Easily the greatest black metal album I've heard yet. I have listened to Burzum's album Filosofem before and while I like that one a lot, this one resonates with me more due to it's incredible, wintery atmosphere. It's rare and blissful to be transported in your mind by an album to the degree I am listening to this one.

Forgotten Tomb - Songs to Leave -

In my search for depressive black metal, this one stood out from the pack and stuck with me for some reason. I really love the vocals on it. Of course, the great thing to me about black metal and why I've been so interested in it is the dark atmosphere that tends to go hand-in-hand with it. Something as bleak as this really sticks with me, even if I'm not particularly depressed myself.

Been getting more into black metal (and depressive black metal) lately, still a noob with it but here are two that have especially resonated with me.
Cool! Emperor is my favorite of the early Norwegian crop, though I love the experimental tendencies that came out in a lot of mid-late 90's bands (Arcturus, Solefald, Diabolical Masquerade, Sigh, etc.).

“I was cured, all right!”
Forgotten Tomb - Songs to Leave -

In my search for depressive black metal, this one stood out from the pack and stuck with me for some reason. I really love the vocals on it. Of course, the great thing to me about black metal and why I've been so interested in it is the dark atmosphere that tends to go hand-in-hand with it. Something as bleak as this really sticks with me, even if I'm not particularly depressed myself.
One of the best depressive black metal album ever!

Let the night air cool you off
Revelate (Eric Strickland; 2015) -

Cabin Fever (Corb Lund; 2012) -

All or Nothin' (Nikki Lane; 2014) -

High Top Mountain (Sturgill Simpson; 2013) -

Metamodern Sounds in Country Music (Sturgill Simpson; 2014) -

I'm Not the Devil (Cody Jinks; 2016) -

This Highway (Zephaniah OHora; 2017) -

Traveller (Chris Stapleton; 2015) -

Trophy (Sunny Sweeney; 2017) -

Felony Blues (Jaime Wyatt; 2017) -

Sonic Ranch (Whitey Morgan; 2015) -

Way Out West (Marty Stuart; 2017) -

Honky Tonk Till I Die (Eric Strickland; 2012) -

Old Highs and New Lows (Hellbound Glory; 2010) -

Highway Queen (Nikki Lane; 2017) -

Todd Rundgren's newest album, White Knight is CRAP.

Vince Staples new album, Big Fish Theory is GOLD.

Wanna Date? Got Any Money?

Caverne - Aux Frontieres du Monde (France, 2015)

Solid French black metal, with a very rural atmosphere, somewhat in step with countrymen Baise Ma Hache and Peste Noire.

Imaginations from the Other Side (1998)

By Inheritance (1988)

Listening to these two albums for over a decade and I still go back to it from time to time. Specially good to relax while driving over long trips.

I guess I am getting close minded now that I can't get into anything different. Although I have been listening to these bands that I wasn't before:

Swedish melodeath is like the standard bearer of modern metal. They are good but I always go back to my old favorites. Well, I guess I will get tired of them at some point....