The Twin Peaks Thread

Tools    

MC for the Great Underground Circus
it is only a thought. I mean Bob could be a real person before becoming possessed. One-armed man keeps mentioning Bob that they used to be together. THen he became some kind of super host until his material part dissolve or something.
"Bob, give me back my garmonbozia"

it is only a thought. I mean Bob could be a real person before becoming possessed. One-armed man keeps mentioning Bob that they used to be together. THen he became some kind of super host until his material part dissolve or something.
I remember MIKE appearing in Cooper's dream and telling him that both him and Bob were touched by the "devilish one". My impression was always that BOB and Mike were affected by Satan, manifested by a "Fire Walk With Me" tatoo on their left arm as a symbol of their interaction with Satan, which prompted them to commit murders and other crimes through possessing other people and feed off of garmonbozia. However I don't think it was ever mentioned in the show how and when did they exactly become demonic spirits. At the interrogation of Phillip Gerard, Mike speaks through him that Bob has been around for 40 years, which could be traced as to when Leland Palmer was a child.

Hopefully the new season will answer to some of our questions, altought I feel it will most likely leave us new ones.

One of my concerns for the new Twin Peaks is lack of original quirky characters.

Man From Another Place will not be there or perhaps is recast.
The actress playing The Log Lady passed away and it is not clear how much footage she filmed.
The actor playing Bob died and while Bob's spirit might make his way into another host, Frank Silva was so iconic it will be hard to image the show without him.
Tremonds from FWWM?

I hope Lynch has a fair amount of them because they were intergral in his universe. It is always one of my favorite things about Lynch's movies or shows. I know new ones will also very likely be introduced, but I'm hoping a few old ones make their way on screen as well.

One of my concerns for the new Twin Peaks is lack of original quirky characters.

Man From Another Place will not be there or perhaps is recast.
The actress playing The Log Lady passed away and it is not clear how much footage she filmed.
The actor playing Bob died and while Bob's spirit might make his way into another host, Frank Silva was so iconic it will be hard to image the show without him.
Tremonds from FWWM?

I hope Lynch has a fair amount of them because they were intergral in his universe. It is always one of my favorite things about Lynch's movies or shows. I know new ones will also very likely be introduced, but I'm hoping a few old ones make their way on screen as well.
According to the cast list, a ton of old characters are coming back. I'd like to see a lot of eccentric new blood too though. It'd be awkward just following around a bunch of 50 and 60 year olds battling evil. I'd like to see Ray Wise take over as Bob, but I doubt it'll happen.

I love how they've barely (and won't) released anything and still some poster with the Laura picture i've seen a thousand times gets me super excited.
Yeah, I loved how media went all crazy over that clip of Lynch eating a doughnut.

Still I appreciate Lynch's insistance of keeping the mystery alive, by keeping us in the dark.

I want to start watching this series and I would like to know if this is a good introduction to David Lynch, since I haven't seen any of his films.

MC for the Great Underground Circus
I want to start watching this series and I would like to know if this is a good introduction to David Lynch, since I haven't seen any of his films.
It is indeed. And yes it's a pretty good introduction. Keep in mind though that the series is a mix of styles. Some moments are tong-in-cheek making fun of other series of that time [such as Dallas or any other series that were heavy on romance and whatnot] but it also has a lot of that "theater of the Absurd" Lynch uses.
You'll also see where the X Files came from.

It is indeed. And yes it's a pretty good introduction. Keep in mind though that the series is a mix of styles. Some moments are tong-in-cheek making fun of other series of that time [such as Dallas or any other series that were heavy on romance and whatnot] but it also has a lot of that "theater of the Absurd" Lynch uses.
You'll also see where the X Files came from.
Thanks!

Will probably start later today

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I cant find where we were discussing MJA making allegations on twitter about Lynch the other day but the crazy lil bugger is doing it on fb now and ripping into anyone who doesnt pat him on the back.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Showtime, why did I think this was a Netflix revival?

Suspect's Reviews

I'm just listening Twin Peaks soundtrack while HO, and wonder if Angelo Badalamenti will add some extra score to the new series. Well I am pretty sure they keep the original track but wonder for extras
I certainly hope so. His music was so intergral to the show that I cannot image Twin Peaks without it. I was so happy when the Season 2 soundtrack came out. There were a few songs that I really wanted and they were on there:

Camo posted a clip of Angelo Badalamenti on page 9 which looks very promising.

Only one more month until the new season's premiere !!!

Just enough time for me to rewatch FWWM & Deleted Scenes.

Also did anyone read "The Secret History of Twin Peaks" by Mark Frost? I've meant to purchase it, but ultimately decided to do so, when the series ends.