The Americans

Tools    

Does anyone watch this? If anyone does then they'll be ahead of me just thought i'd make this (I checked and there's not a thread unless it's under some other name for the record) in case anyone does because it's a great show from what i've seen so far. I wached the first two seasons around this time last year then i got a bit burnt out on all tv and stop watching most of it for the majority of 2016. Picked this back up recently in Season 3; watched the first five episodes and it's fantastic a big step up from the first two. If it continues this quality it could become one of my favourite shows. It seem like the consensus thinks it does as the reason i picked it back up was that most sites i read had The Americans Season 4 as the best show of 2016.

During the first two seasons i always liked Elizabeth more than Phillip, i thought she had the more interesting individual stories and her part in the dual storylines with him were more interesting. This season it's defiinitely Phillip though, he has three storylines going; in one he's trying to convince his fake wife that they shouldn't have children without leading to the relationship ending because he needs her since she is their way into the FBi, then he's fighting with Elizabeth trying to keep their daughter Paige out of the KGB and lastly he has a super creepy storyline where he has to get close to the 15 year old daughter of the head of the CIA's operations in Afghanistan. That last one is good but no doubt it's creepy, his disguise makes him look like a creepy prowler and that's pretty much what he's had to do talking to them outside a club then smoking weed with her, etc. I seriously hope he doesn't have sex with her, the last episode ended with him kissing her which was too far anyway then only not doing anything because her parents come home; it's supposed to be a way that he seriously doesn't want to but it may be the only way he can stay close to her to continue getting info on her dad and the other Agents; still though. All three are basically the one story though as they are connected by fatherhood: obviously Paige is his daughter, then he's trying not to have kids with his ex, then in the creepy CIA one he's becoming a father figure to the CIA heads neglected daughter which is why she is so attached to him.

That's not to say that Elizabeth has been bad or boring this season. She's taking up the opposite side of Phillip in the Paige storyline, since she is trying to ready her for the KGB because she thinks it is inevitable and it connects to her dying mother that just pushed her in without a moments thought. She also has a kind of ongoing storyline in that she has been witnesses and nearly caught twice; the second of which in the car was excellent the KGB scrambling the airwaves was of course a bit convienent but it was really tense and phillip diving out the car while driving behind another car was hilarious. Her third storyline is not something that interests me though, it's obvious she is going to have an affair with the guy she is training and it just seems super boring. Stan and Oleg are two of the best characters on the show so the fact that they are now working together is great; the only thing i don't like about that is that it's to get Nina out. I think Nina had her moments in the first two seasons but the actress is not good and i think Stan and Oleg could be doing alot more interesting things without her. I was hoping she wouldn't be back after what happened at the end of last season but it's so obvious that she is going to back probably in the finale and i just don't care.

Anyway hope some others watch this so i didn't create this thread for nothing. One last thing i love the opening to the show; it's up there with The Sopranos as one i never skip no matter how many times i've seen it:

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
It's a very good show. I think the title of most watched, in recent years, has gone from Breaking Bad to Mad Men to The Walking Dead. Either way, I'm all caught up with The Americans and I like the show. Zombies aren't for everyone, so, in the absence of Breaking Bad and Mad Men, I can see it being the new favourite for that same large audience.

What are you talking about? Genuinely? At no point was Mad Men watched more than Walking Dead nevermind the most on TV. Which large audience are you talking about specifically?

I thought that those were most popular, probably because of some episode and finale records being tossed around back then. The TV drama audience that tuned in to Breaking Bad, I can see them liking The Americans.

Now that I glanced at a few articles, it looks like very few are watching The Americans. Don't know how it could be best, if people are not watching it. Best out of the ones not being watched ...??? I guess it's a niche market type of show. I found it to be a perfect fit, after losing Breaking Bad and Mad Men.

The best TV show you’re not watching: “The Americans” will never be must-see TV, no matter how hard it tries
http://www.salon.com/2015/04/22/the_...hard_it_tries/
‘The Americans’ Reaches Season 4; Why More People Are Not Watching And Why FX Does Not Care
http://www.ibtimes.com/americans-rea...t-care-2337931
The Americans: why you should be watching TV's best drama
https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-r...-tv-best-drama

How is any of that relevant to anything? Mad Men was never close to being a well watched show either it doesn't matter unless it's in threat of being cancelled which it's not. Viewership does not equal quality, i mean you said it is a very good show why do you care whether it's well watched or not? Season 4 was in every best of 2016 TV lists top five i read and at #1 more often than not. That doesn't matter if i don't like it but i do.

Mad Men is just as niche as The Americans and so was The Wire (even more so actually) and both are among the most acclaimed shows ever so i don't get why you are confused.

I do like it. Sure, it's one of the best. Viewership is not that important. Cross-reference relevance with title of thread and my take on it.

Let the night air cool you off
I always forget to watch it. I'll see an ad for it and think it looks good. Specifically speaking, the ad where they are in the hotel and you see them walk into a room and hear a muffled gunshot is the one that had me intrigued.

I always forget to watch it. I'll see an ad for it and think it looks good. Specifically speaking, the ad where they are in the hotel and you see them walk into a room and hear a muffled gunshot is the one that had me intrigued.
Hopefully you check it out and enjoy it. It's a really weird mix of intimate family drama and cold war-espionage thriller, it works alot. I was watching my niece for hours yesterday; she's only a baby so she slept alot during it and i just sat on my laptop binging this. I'm already on the last ep of Season 3 which i'll watch later. I don't think it's at the level of Sopranos/Wire/Mad Men for me but if it keeps up or improves on the quality of Season 3 it could reach Breaking Bad level which i don't like as much as those three even though it's still one of my favourite shows.

Finished Season 3. Great Season definitely a big step up from the first two. It's no close to my favourite The Sopranos, The Wire or Mad Men Seasons mostly because it isn't nearly as consistent and there's always at least one storyline going on that i'm not a fan of. The finale was really good, i liked that it was a low-key family driven episode rather than a big explosive one like the first two. It was a good idea to have it comparatively low stakes until the final few minutes. Got to say though; Paige is really starting to get on my nerves. I think the storyline is pretty great but that's mostly due to Phillip and Elizabeths roles in it. I get that she is young and what she has found out is unimaginable, noone would be able to deal with that. Still though; with her constant prodding and agitating of her parents all Season then demanding to know the truth which they gave her and which they handled as gently as they possibly could it really annoys me that she told Pastor Tim when she knows this could lead to her parents spending the rest of their lives in prison. In real life i'd be 100% on her side but since it is a tv show and we spend the majority of it with Phillip and Elizabeth learning about how they were brought up and their thought process it is... ugh; i'm not really a fan of the actress either. And mostly i really despise Pastor Tim; the scene where he's trying to tell Phillip how to raise Paige and Phillip is clenching his teeth with a scowl on his face while facing away from him was fantastic; wish he was written out of the show but no doubt he'll play an even bigger role considering how Season 3 ended.

Another storyline introduced in the finale has a tonne of potential if done right: Phillip and Stans ex wife. I don't know if they're going to go down the affair route or what but unless i missed it this isn't KGB related which could make for a very interesting story. I'm racking my brains wondering if i missed something because this was so out of the blue; Phillip never showed any interest in these seminar things and i can't remember this being KGB related so it's really random that he suddenly gets something out of them. If they do go the affair route weirdly i think this has the potential to get to me more than any of the disgusting, cruel, heartless things him and Elizabeth have done (with the exception of one thing that i'm about to mention) before this. Stan and the Jennings relationship is really great; especially how it's morphed into something genuine rather than here's a high up FBI agent who could be useful. With how completely broken he has been from the start and then the stuff with Sandra and Nina; his one on one moments with Phillip, having dinner with the family and his recent bonding with Henry has been really touching at times. Phillip has even cryptically opened up to him about his problems showing that this is a genuine friendship despite them being on opposing sides. Think Phillip getting with Sandra especially if it is not something he has to do could be potentially devastating.

Speaking of devastating the episode with Elizabeth and the Old Woman was fantastic. Probably my favourite of the whole show so far; nothing has got to me more than that. Whoever played the old woman was great, just her calmly accepting she is about to die and only because she was in the wrong place at the wrong time and Elizabeth being confronted with the idea that she may be the bad guy was really powerful.Think it's the first time i've teared up at an episode of tv since the last two episodes of Mad Men. Other than all of this i'm glad that Nina isn't back, kind of hope they focus on her even less or not at all this season as she is really really dull. The Martha story was well done this Season too, curious where that will go next season.

Watched the first eight episodes of Season 4 and they were fantastic. Best story arc on the show yet, it felt like a Season within a Season since everything came to a close and there's still five episodes left. This felt the most like a continuation on the show and it was done extremely well. With each passing episode Phillip was looking worse; hair all scruffled about, looking very weak and white, etc and Elizabeth seemed like she was going to explode constantly. And of course she did when she killed the black woman and shouted at Paige. The scene that Gabriel takes a long hard look at them with blood dripping down Elizabeths face, looking like she was losing her mind and Phillip looking like he was about to fall over and die then told them to take a vacation was excellent. The Martha arc was pretty devastating, i think she was one of the best characters on the show, thought she was going to last maybe five episodes at first as well. I hope we don't hear anything else about her, as i said i really liked her character and story but i think it would be perfect to leave it ambiguous. The last we heard she was in Cuba, we don't know if she made it to Moscow and if she did we never find out how she coped there, i think that would be pretty perfect personally.

Weirdly they pretty much addressed my problems i mentioned in my last posts. Nina's story was brought to a quick and brutal end at the end of an episode when she was told her execution would be carried out and it was instantly. Paige has been mostly left out too, the first two episodes largely focused on her story but since then she has only had a scene or two per episode, Henry has been featured more than her i think. I'm a bit sad to see Gadz go i thought he was a good character, i get it though he was one of the least developed characters and there wasn't really anywhere else they could go with him.

Watched the next to episodes, Episode 9 wasn't very good. I'd say it was the first ep since Season 2 that i didn't care for. It wasn't actually bad it was just really dull for the first episode they are getting back to work after a seven month vacation; i guess it does make sense in the story that they would be eased back into it though. I really liked the idea of Elizabeth having a genuinely meaningful friendship something that she wishes she could keep but knows she can't since it is work related and also the first thing she really didn't want to do since the Gregory stuff back in Season 1. Thing is though the friendship wasn't that interesting, Patty was a generic girl-friend character and i didn't feel anything meaningful in their interactions even though i was supposed to. Everything else in the episode were just small scenes seemingly setting up the rest of the storylines. I'm guessing the big thing for the rest of the Season will be returning to and i'm guessing finishing the Paige/Pastor Tim Arc. Seeing all the characters simultaneously watching and being horrified by The Day After was pretty great, no idea what the point in Phillip teaching Paige to drive was supposed to be though.

Episode 10 was better alot more happened. Was kind of hoping the Patty storyline finished in the last ep; with Elizabeth saying at the end "i'm really going to miss her", i thought they'd maybe just leave it as a given that she blackmailed him for the codes. I am diggin Elizabeths solo having to deal with this storyline though. The turn in the Pastor Tim story was very good, it's astonishing how this show manages to turn a normal, lawabiding nice couple into villains. Alice is completely right to believe they were involved and what she did with the lawyer was the right thing to do; i still am completely on Phillip and Elizabeth's side even though i know i shouldn't be. It's the same with Don Draper and Tony Soprano during the first few seasons of their respective shows and certain Wire characters like D'Angelo for instance. Great well formed characters seems to be the key; very well written show. There's nothing better than Elizabeth acting like Paige is a nutcase and seeming genuinely disgusted by her even thinking this was a possibility then the moment she leaves the room her and Phillp start wondering if it happened. Paige is incredibly annoying though; she is like the AJ (The Sopranos) of this show. Not a good actress and all she really does is look scared or shout. Pairing her up with Matthew will no doubt result in the blandest story on the show yet..meh. Man Gadz death scene was really brutal. Such a weird ending for him, wondering if it will be brought up what they were going to offer him exactly or if we were just to take it as a straightforward money offer or blackmail situation with nothing important involved. Kimmy being brought back was out of the blue, i've liked their storyline other than the potential sex stuff which seems to be done with so i wouldn't mind it continuing.

Season 4 has been excellent. I'd say this is one of the few shows that has got better each season with a particularly noticeable jump in quality between Seasons 2 and 3. Really glad that they've planned for it to end with the Sixth Season next year rather than go the Dexter route and drag it out way past its prime. Might space these last three episodes out since Season 5 starts next month.

Watched Episode 11. Good episode, still not back to the quality of the amazing first 8 tho; hope the last two will finish on a high note. The first scene was well done. I don't know if it was delibarate but i really hope it was; Pastor Tim really came across like he was both relieved to be alive and still shook up. That was the first time in the show up to this point that i found him likeable. Usually i find him way too involved and judgemental; but the relief just seemed to pour out of him here and he came across more genuine.

I thought it was interesting that they ended the last episode with Gabriel offering to ask the center if the Young Hee thing could be handled some other way then within the first couple of minutes of this one she was told it was rejected. That's not the way they normally do things; usually whatever happens at the end of an ep will be played out in the next ep or the next several episodes, so that felt a bit jarring. While i don't buy into Elizabeth's relationship with her being as genuine and meaningful as i'm supposed to and i think it's a bit underwhelming for an end of season storyline, i do think it's an instresting take. Elizabeth is clearly alot more devoted to the cause and personally willing to give up alot more than Phillip for it so seeing her have to wrestle with something she really doesn't want to feels fresh. The Gregory storyline in Season 1 was kind of similar but then it wasn't. This has been ongoing throughout the Season while the actual Gregory conflict with him supposed to be getting sent to Russia and instead wanting to run away and then die in a death by cop scenario. In that there was other options; Gregory was making his own choice to die instead of live in Russia, that's the way he wanted to go out, here she is destroying an unknowing nice family who she cares for. So unless i'm forgetting something else this is the first time they've properly explored this; i just wish it was with a different character with a better developed relationship. I've got to question what they think her scene with Don for example will come across like. They've had next to no interaction before the drugging so her fake emotional scene comes across completely hollow. I get that makes sense but when it's part of a storyline of her becoming emotionally involved there should be more to it like basically every Phillip and Martha scene. It's not Keri Russells fault she is a great actress and she has been playing her part fine, it's mostly Elizabeth's relationship with the family hasn't been written very well. I don't think i'd have as much of a problem if this was a small storyline like it was when it was just introduced while the Martha story was ongoing but this is now a major one and it feels like it has dragged on more than anything. Again i find the half of the storyline about Elizabeth's dilemma intriguing, not the actual relationship which is the source of her conflict though so it's hard to get into this. Weirdly the fake family stuff was what finally got to me; Don seeming like a calm, nice man who had done nothing wrong just felt so wrong. I really felt bad for him there. I found it odd at first that he didn't think it was a scam that would've been my first thought. It does make sense though, you wouldn't want to risk being wrong with an accusation like that considering the circumstances both out of guilt and the fact that they could tell his wife and ruin his life. He'd just want all of this to be over. Well anyway i'm glad this storyline is over or at least i hope it is haha.

Damn, i really like where the Gaads death storyline seems to be heading. As i said in my post about the last episode it felt weird and almost as if it was pointless unless i had forgotten something. Well finding out that Phillip's information most likely lead to it was a good twist, i can't even remember when Stan told him that so well played by the writers. Jesus, Stan and the Pastor and his wife at dinner; the moment i heard that doorbell i knew that's where it was headed. Was surpised they didn't focus most of the episode on that. Good ending scene; well Paige's acting was godawful but it's definitely opened up alot of potential for the rest of the Season with Paige seeing firsthand her mothers willingness/ability to use violence.

Watched Episode 12. Great episode, best since episode eight looking forward to the finale. Crazy opening in the sense that it's so nuts watching Elizabeth having to pretend that she gives a crap about killing the rapist/mugger scumbag who was about to attack her daughter. She has got to have killed at least ten people that we've seen in the show before him and for much lesser reasons than that; like the old harmless woman she fed an overdose. One thing that is getting annoying is Elizabeth and Phillip sticking by their "tell Paige the truth" policy; that's all well and nice but she has shown that she absolutely can't handle it on more than one ocassion. You'd think she would have learned and just told her no, maybe she wouldn't believe you but it makes more sense giving it a try than admitting you've killed before and even worse saying you don't know how many times. I completely didn't think about Paige relaying the info she got from Stan's son back to her mum before the attack; obviously because it was interrupted by a fight scene. Glad they had Elizabeth point that out, one rare instance of a show repeating something to make sure the audience knows that i appreciated. It actually somehow managed to make the Paige/Matthew storyline a bit interesting; particularly on whether Paige is creating a relationship with him to get info for her parents or if that's just a by-product of their relationship. Also for once i was actually on Paige's side; they need to make their minds up what she can and can't do despite understanding their concerns i still agree with her that they are being hypoctites.

Speaking of that old woman, i had forgot that's who Stan was referring to until the start of this episode. William who has seemed like a cranky, apathetic guy from the start taking a moral stance against releasing this weapon is an interesting turn. Particularly when his contact is Phillip who we know has never been as devoted to the cause as Elizabeth. Then we have Oleg feeling morally conflicted over the same things. It was interesting seeing Igor and whatever name is mention the Challenger, it was obviously just a brief mention but a few episodes ago when everyone was horrified watching The Day After i thought it was the Challenger Disaster at first. Guess it'll be in a later episode, maybe even the next one. And now the finale is going to focus on the Phillip-William meeting, looking forward to seeing how it plays out.

Finished Season 4 and just on time with Season 5 starting on Tuesday. It was a good episode, surprisingly light for a finale though; the other three were pretty explosive. Seems like it was mostly for setting up the storyliines next Season. Dylan Baker did a great job, really underrated Actor, loved him in The Good Wife, Damages, Trick R Treat and now this. Watching him die was really depressing, yet one part actually made me laugh. William cracking up at Agent Aderholt offering him a coke was the best because i burst out laughing at it too. Such a pathetic offer because they are aware that William knows he is going to die a horrible death in a few days and that noone can help him so there's not really anything they can offer him to talk, even Stan looked at him like what is wrong with you? haha. From what Phillip said at the EST meeting i'm wondering if Season 5 will be about Phillip and Elizabeth getting out then Season 6 will be about the KGB coming after them, just a guess. Another one i've thought about is Stan catching them in Season 5 then Season 6 being about them as double agents. The latter seems the more plausible after William told Stan and Aderholt that his handlers were a man and woman (the woman pretty and the man lucky) with a couple of kids. Obviously that is a needle in a haystick but they are going to suspect it was the woman they've had run-ins with and it's now been confirmed that they are married with two kids, narrowing it down. Interesting that they brought Phillips son in Russia into it, that's who i thought it was right away before it was confirmed in his second scene. That could lead to some interesting stuff in Season 5. Phillip and Elizabeth especially the latter being horrified at the idea of going back to the Soviet Union was amazing. Obviously they won't go but it really made them (mostly Elizabeth since Phillip has been thinking this since Season 1) realize that they like it in the US. Interesting last scene to go out on, Matthew Ryhs was great in that scene. That was pretty much Paige doing what her mother does; seducing someone for information and without being asked to which of course turns Phillip's stomach.

Another excellent Season. I'm going to say it's 3>4>2>1. Season 3 is first because it was the most consistent, all 13 episodes were great. I think the best part of the show was the first eight episodes of Season 4, but the next five really slowed down to Season 1/2 quality which isn't bad at all. There were some fantastic moments but it felt like they calmly and quite straight forwardly ended two storylines in those five episodes then spent the rest of the time setting up Season 5. Can't wait for Tuesday

Finally watched the first episode of Season 5... WOW. That ending, jesus that was amazing. It was like Nina's death but 10 times worse. With Nina her whole arc was doom and gloom throughout so the only thing surprising about her death was how abrupt and brutal it was. But Hans jesus, i really liked him; he was just an enjoyable side character who i forgot about until he showed up. And that damn digging scene that led up to it, the last ten minutes was nothing but them digging and taking short breaks while not even talking, amazing build up i knew something was coming but i really didn't expect that.

Amazing start to the season. The High School thing was interesting, wonder if that will keep going. It brought up quite a few questions and i don't even know if we'll get answers. First of all who the hell is the high school kid working with them, how did he end up working with them, is his parents involved in the KGB and if so why didn't they use him? Or is he even a high school student? Olegs and Phillips sons storylines are looking good. Those two storylines as well as the high school one are all connected by the poverty and hunger back in the Soviet Union which really makes you realize that this show is ending soon, 21 more episodes. Even the William part kind of alluded to that with Phillip sarcastically responding to Elizabeth saying he was a hero with "maybe he'll get a stamp". Also for whatever reason i liked Paige in this episode, the actress normally bothers me but i thought she was pretty good in this episode, don't know if it's because she is getting older or if i'm getting used to her.

Going to watch Episode 2 when i get home tonight.

Episode 2 was pretty good and 3 was amazing. 3 kinda pissed me off even though it was so good, i was annoyed that we saw Martha again. As i said i loved the Martha arc and thought it would be perfect left without ever seeing her again, not sure how well she fit in Russia or if she maybe even killed herself which was always a possibility. If she had to be seen again i'd have rathered a small cameo in the last season like The Wire done with alot of its characters, this way was not good. She just so happened to be in the store that Oleg was inspecting, what the hell was that. Since it was Martha probably my favourite character i was briefly excited but yeah i'd have rathered that not happen; oh well. The fingerrub technique is pretty dumb but other than that i'm really digging Paige this season.Her story is really interesting, she has grown up as an American believing that the Soviets were the bad guys, and also living an easy upper middle class American life so she doesn't have the same motivations that Phillip and Elizabeth had growing up through hardship and poverty in Russia. Without those circumstances to struggle through just to survive and being born into a hatred for America she has alot more natural empathy and conscience to shakeoff than they did. It's basically watching the inverse of how they became what they are, we are watching what should be and was a normal, relatively happy young girl attempt to become detached from everything; it's fascinating and i think the actress is doing a much better job than she did in previous seasons. I'm also digging Matthew, don't think the actor is great or anything but he is likable. Can't wait to see where Phillips sons storyline is going, loved his part in ep 3. Great ending, Phillip and Elizabeth were completely brutal and i'm into this food storyline.

Also want to throw out a way out there theory that has a less than 1% chance of actually happening but if it did and i hadn't posted it i'd be pissed coz i know noone would believe i thought of it. I'm thinking maybe, just maybe Stan knows about Elizabeth and Phillip right now and that we aren't seeing Stan and whoever discussing this. That William possibly gave him enough info to figure them out before he died which is why we didn't see him dying and that's why he is pushing the Paige-Matthew relationship so much, he's secretly getting Matthew to do the same as Paige is. Now i seriously doubt this will turn out to be true, for one The Americans isn't big on twists; the only one i can think of is at the end of Season 2 when it turns out whatever his name was killed his family. There's other problems with this but i think they can be answered like Paige and Matthews relationship starting before William was captured; well Matthew may not know he's being used or he could have been convinced after like Paige was. Then why are we not seeing Stan talk to anyone about this; well other than the fact that it would be a twist he could also be keeping it secret until they lead him somewhere,or he might only be talking to one person secretly about it. Anyway more than likely won't happen but it crossed my mind.

The past few episodes have been great, loving this season. The food storyline is so depressing and interesting. I am a little bothered that Oleg goes back to the Soviet Union and immediately gets a food related job showing us how it is there while Phillip and Elizabeths missions are both food related, feels a little convenient but then again it is a good way to keep Oleg in it as he's one of my favourite characters. We've obviously had over 3 Seasons of Phillip in a fake marriage with a woman that he did grow genuine feelings for so Elizabeth seemingly falling for whatever his name is on paper sounds like a retread. It's different though because Elizabeth and Phillip are very different people with different objectives and mentalities. Something i love is that Elizabeth is played up as the strong yet cold Soviet Mother stereotype yet in an interesting way. She has had to play the part of your typical middle class, American, suburb-mom for most of her adult life and i think to some degree she has became that but not to the extent of Phillip, she is definitely alot more "Soviet", (meaning the sterotype of a Soviet obviously) she has demonstrated multiple times that she kind of hates this life and feels bad if she ever enjoys certain perks that this lifestyle gives her. She clearly has a burning hatred for the American Government and still believes in everything about the Soviet Union, and despite how genuinely close her and Phillip has gotten since Season 1 i think on some level she loses respect for him when she sees the doubts he had in Season 1 resurface. Then we have Ben, initially she despises him because she thinks he is working to starve her people but then when she finds out (at least what we've been told right now is) the truth she gains some respect for him and allows herself to enjoy being undercover with him and what he is is extremely passionate about pretty much everything, he's devoted to a cause: stopping world hunger, just at the time that her husband is losing his devotion. It's another fascinating storyline and i'm curious how it will unfold.

Loads of other stuff too. Is Stans girlfriend part of the KGB? I suspected that right at the start obviously because they started hinting that right away, but i actually think it will turn out she works for the CIA; there's many reasons to believe Stan has been turned or he is at risk of being turned and as Phillip pointed out he's a lonely guy it's the easiest way to get close to him. Then Paige's story has been handled masterfully this Season. I've always enjoyed her stories but in spite of her coz the actress and character were annoying me to AJ levels, it was always Phillip and Elizabeth that made it work both in how they were written and the performances. Now amazingly i'm actually looking forward to her scenes, i mean her scene in episode 6 with Matthew was somehow pretty devastating even though i never cared about their relationships. Looking forward to her meeting with Gabriel, Frank Langella has been so good, great actor and i love the character, he's probably the most likable on the show. I don't really see a need for him to leave unless Frank doesn't want to do it anymore or maybe they are planning on killing him off or having him arrested, if it's none of them then it's pretty pointless as Elizabeth and Phillip will always need a handler and he was pretty perfect. What i've expected before this Season even started was it ending with Phillip and Elizabeth getting caught and them being Double Agents during next years final season, so if i'm right maybe that has something to do with it.

Great Season so far.

Sure, but there's no way i could wait for Twin Peaks or The Americans. Probably won't see Better Call Saul for a long time, i didn't finish Season 2 until the night of the Season 3 premiere.