Music-wise, What's Your Latest Discovery?

Tools    

Originally Posted by Herod
Sounds like someone has similar tastes to the soundtrack of that tragically, whiningly hip Garden State, but managed to miss Iron and Wine, far and away the best band that were to appear.
Definitely. Our Endless Numbered Days is the most intimate and beautiful album I've heard of the last few years. Although, I also enjoy the Nick Drake song.

Most of the rest is quite annoying. I don't enjoy Coldplay, and the screaming "LOOK HOW IRONIC THIS SONG IS! HAHAHHAHA!" made me dislike its inclusion even more.

I've been listening to a lot of Fiery Furnaces lately, since I saw them in concert on friday. I'm seeing the Black Keys in 2 weeks with a new album, and Interpol in 4 weeks with a new album, so I'll be getting into them quite a bit coming up.

And, although at first I was hesitant about liking the fact that Modest Mouse, one of the most consistent and incredible indie bands of the last 10 or so years had popular success, now I'm thrilled. Good News may be their most lacking in excellence album to date, but it's still great. And I'll take it over Yellowcard, any day.

A lot of my friends are trying to get me into jam bands. I don't particularily enjoy them. Meh.

And I'd like to say that the Fiery Furnaces are the best live band I've seen. If they come anywhere near you, see them. You won't be disappointed.

And I must say, most trip hop is kinda repetitive. I see a lot of love for Sneaker Pimps, but find that most of it outside of Portishead and Massive Attack just boring.

Arresting your development
Originally Posted by Sedai
I have a lot of Infected on vinyl
I'm glad to see more people keeping the vinyl spin alive. Kudos to you!!!

Originally Posted by OG-
DJ Cut Chemist
From J5???

Originally Posted by casa
indeed allright ill give a bit bigger list now by category...
I have a new respect for "casa"... indeed!

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Originally Posted by Anonymous Last
From J5???
He didn't start with J5, but he tours with them now. I saw them/him at Lollapalooza, he came out and did a battle against another DJ whose name I don't remember, but it was pretty amazing.

Originally Posted by OG-
He didn't start with J5, but he tours with them now. I saw them/him at Lollapalooza, he came out and did a battle against another DJ whose name I don't remember, but it was pretty amazing.
I have some mixes on vinyl from him before J5... mainly breaks and scratching.

I did not know that he did psy-trance.

What is psy-trance?

Example please...

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Originally Posted by Sidewinder
I knew about Muse back in 2002 Great band though. Look out for the songs 'Muscle Museum', 'New born', 'Time is Running Out and 'Plug in Baby'. They're some of my fav's. Recently I have been getting into Oasis, I knew about them for a long time but never really listened to them.
My favorite right now is "Butterflies and Hurricaines". The lyrics are very cool. Some of those you mention aren't on the cd I have. I'll find them.

I have some mixes on vinyl from him before J5... mainly breaks and scratching.

I did not know that he did psy-trance.

What is psy-trance?

Example please...
Like I said, I'm not a distinguisher between different types of electronic music - I just call it all techno. But what Cut Chemist did live at Lollapalooza wasn't too far off from some things that Infected Mushroom does. To me its all just techno, but maybe thats ignorant.

Originally Posted by OG-
Like I said, I'm not a distinguisher between different types of electronic music - I just call it all techno. But what Cut Chemist did live at Lollapalooza wasn't too far off from some things that Infected Mushroom does. To me its all just techno, but maybe thats ignorant.

No no, I'm ignorant also.

Originally Posted by OG-
Well heres where I put my foot in my mouth by suggesting nothing you like, but here ya go. I'd recommend all the bands, but here are some songs for sampling. I'll even do a little coding...bold will be something everyone can like, underlined will be something you shouldn't miss, and italics will be something a little heavier (either instrumentally or vocally), and normal anything I'm undecided on. I love recommending music way too much.

Dream Theater - Home
Boy Hits Car (already mentioned)
Ultraspank - Perfect, Crumble
McLusky - To Hell With Good Intentions
Stretch Armstrong - For Now
One Minute Silence - On Deaf Ears
Spineshank - New Disease
Snot - Snot, Snooze Button
Society One - Thinking is the Link
Professional Murder Music - Slow
P O W D E R B U R N - Now You Know, Release the Men
My Chemical Romance - Demoltion Lovers
A Static Lullaby - The Shotting Star that Destroyed us All
Machinehead - Message in a Bottle
Finch - Ender
Crossbreed - Pure Energy

Then there is the band that I recommend to everyone - and people either love em or hate em: Mindless Self Indulgence. If interested get...Bring the Pain...I Hate Jimmy Paige...Bitches...Unsociable...Planet of the Apes...Backmask...anything really. If anyone ever gets the chance to see MSI Live, even if you don't like the music, sell your organs to do so. It is insane.
no need for the foot in the mouth dude i knew a third of those bands and was blown away by 98 percent of the ones i didnt know. although i couldnt find these ones. All in all i was very impressed

P O W D E R B U R N - Now You Know, Release the Men
My Chemical Romance - Demoltion Lovers
A Static Lullaby - The Shotting Star that Destroyed us All

I have a new respect for "casa"... indeed!
thanks dude

btw anyone check out gnoosic yet?

Originally Posted by casa
no need for the foot in the mouth dude i knew a third of those bands and was blown away by 98 percent of the ones i didnt know. although i couldnt find these ones.
Check your pm

E-mphasis
I have just gotten into The Cat Empire. There an Oz band and they are very... well, happy. A lot of their music is just about chilling with friends, which is what my life is about. Look 'em up on Kazaa - well worth it.

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Originally Posted by Mirai
I have just gotten into The Cat Empire. There an Oz band and they are very... well, happy. A lot of their music is just about chilling with friends, which is what my life is about. Look 'em up on Kazaa - well worth it.
Oooooh, those guys are cool!
I downloaded a couple of their songs. Good stuff!

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
my latest musical discoveries

*dresden dolls
*Adema
*seether
*third eye blind
*our lady peace
*three days grace
*yellowcard
*keane
*the killers
*the thrills
*joydrop

E-mphasis
Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelila
Oooooh, those guys are cool!
I downloaded a couple of their songs. Good stuff!
Have you downloaded The Wine Song, The Lost Song or The Chariot? Those are my fave 3 songs by em. Days Like These is good too coz it fits me and my friends to a tee.

The most important discovery lately is Electric Wizard, as in the band who's other albums i'm likely to get. Most albums i get are the 1st of that artist anyway.
Recommend: Orange Goblin/Electric Wizard split, song from each and OG cover of Black Sabbath, Hand of Doom
(not forgetting Electric Wizard, Dopethrone...classic)

Someone Save Us College Kids
Lately I have been listing bands that not every one listen to but no that they are a band like .........

The ataris - They do allot of good songs and chris Roe is an excellant writer. Forget Chris Carraba (Dashboard) any ways, Killswitch Engaged it an excellant nu-metal bad, with mind blowing metal guitar riffs, Flogging Molly is and alright Irish punk band. Then again the most recently thing I have been listening to is Audio Karate. I dont know how there lead singer got his vocals to raise higher but he needs to keep doing it they allot of excellant songs with actually eye cething titles (to some ). Like Jesus is alive and well ( and liveing in mexico), and senior year witch Is going to be graduation theme. Most of the artist I like are signed under Kung Fu. You guys should check it. They have a lot of talent on there hands.