The 2018 Mofies Pre-Award Buzz Thread

Tools    

Hi everyone!

Welcome to the 2018 Mofie pre-award buzz show. This is the thread in which I'll reveal the categories and we get this party started!

It is my great pleasure to announce this year's Mofie categories, special headsup for the new categories:

1. MoFo We Miss Most of All
Anyone who has left the board and is missed the most.

2. Best New Mofo
The new member that has made the biggest splash since joining MoFo, must have joined in 2018.

3. MoFo Team Spirit Award
The member who's always supporting the MoFo community by participation and support.
*New Award*

4. We Like You! Please Post More
The MoFo who sometimes pop by, but you wish they would spend much more time here.

5. King or Queen of the Shoutbox
MoFo who LIVES inside the Shoutbox!
*New Award*

6. The Sexy J. Celebrity Outstanding Humor Achievement Award
Outstanding achievement in unusual, creative and insightful humor.
*New Award*

7. MoFo With The Best Top 10 Movies
The MoFo who you think has the most fun, solid or coolest, or even surprising...Top 10 movies on their profile page.
*New Award*

8. Debbie Downer Award
MoFo who's almost always negative about everything!
*New Award*

9. Sunshine Award
Nicest MoFo who's a ray of sunshine and makes MoFo a pleasant place to be.

10. Best MoFo Couple
Two MoFos who are literally glued together. Best buds who often post with each other...Or it could be two MoFos that always butt heads and argue.

11. MoFo You'd Choose To Be Stranded On a Deserted Island With
If you were stuck on a desert island, which MoFo would you choose?

12. Craziest Username
Crazy, fun, cool or just the weirdest username on MoFo.

13. Coolest Avatar
Has to be a current avatar, name the person and their avatar.

14. Best Profile Banner
Has to be a current banner, name the person and their banner.

15. Most Creative MoFo
We have lots of creativity at MoFo and it comes in all different forms, vote for your favorite creative MoFo.

16. Best Thread Of The Year
The thread that either brought out the best of us or was the most fun or rewarding to read...includes game threads, HoFs, song tournaments, etc.

17. MoFo Reviewer of the Year
MoFo movie reviewer who you think is the best of 2018.

18. Master of Movies
The MoFo with the mostest movie knowledge, has seen more and knows more about movies than humanly possible!

And now the rules:

You have up to 5 nominations, and these nominations will also be your votes. That's right, it's a one-stop kind of thing, so choose wisely.

PM these votes to @Citizen Rules by 13 Feb midnight GMT+1 (6pm EST)

You may vote for yourself, and you may lobby for whichever worthy parties you deem fit.

Chypmunk and Moviegal have asked to not be voted for, so any votes for them will be discounted.

Partial lists accepted.

LET'S POP THE BUBBLY AND START THIS THING!

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	MofieBackdrop.jpg
Views:	448
Size:	151.4 KB
ID:	51374  

Welcome to the human race...
8. Debbie Downer Award
MoFo who's almost always negative about everything!
*New Award*

We doing the rule that you can post your lists in here before you send your finalised list into the host as a PM?

In the past we could, as it helped other people with certain categories like MoFo Couple and Best Thread etc...

Weird is relative.
Ok, so 18 categories, and we can vote for up to five selections in each? Should it be like, #1 first choice to win, #2 second choice and so on?

We doing the rule that you can post your lists in here before you send your finalised list into the host as a PM?

In the past we could, as it helped other people with certain categories like MoFo Couple and Best Thread etc...
That would be a no, because before that was the nominations we posted, but the voting ballots were kept secret. This time there's only one round of voting so it needs to be kept private.

Ok, so 18 categories, and we can vote for up to five selections in each?
You can vote up to 5 choices for each category, or if you don't have 5 choices you can go with less.
Should it be like, #1 first choice to win, #2 second choice and so on?
Yes! that's the way to do it.

Your #1 vote will get the more points than #2...and #2 gets more points than #3...on down to #5 getting the less points.

Weird is relative.
Thanks Citizen. Regarding posters who joined last year... is there a list somewhere that shows when people signed up? (Besides clicking on individual profiles.)
I already checked a couple people who were newer members (like myself) but I can't nominate them because they joined in 2017.

[size=4]You have up to 5 nominations, and these nominations will also be your votes. That's right, it's a one-stop kind of thing, so choose wisely.

PM these votes to @Citizen Rules by 13 Feb midnight GMT+1 (6pm EST)
Does this mean you can't change your votes once you submit then?

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

Yeah... best thing is to get a list together, then wait till deadline before sending in and cementing your choices.

Thanks Citizen. Regarding posters who joined last year... is there a list somewhere that shows when people signed up? (Besides clicking on individual profiles.)
I already checked a couple people who were newer members (like myself) but I can't nominate them because they joined in 2017.
Good question, I don't think there's any kind of list of people who joined last year. But it's cool if we mention people who joined last year.

Does this mean you can't change your votes once you submit then?
Like Rodent said no changing votes, too much work for me to recalculate the points. BTW, I'm acting as producer of the MoFies and will be gathering list, adding them up and giving the results to our charming Hostess Cat....and Rodent is the artist who made the ultra cool awards

I don't think there's a way of getting a list of who joined in 2018. That's where the lobbying becomes of some importance, and in lieu of that, clicking on recent threads and having a little browse who has posted, go to their profile...

stalk a little.

@pahaK's a newbie who's made a splash!

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	mp2.jpg
Views:	350
Size:	148.5 KB
ID:	51405