Show your love for BATMAN RETURNS

Tools    

Oh its alright. Clearly not no where near Begins and Dark Knights league but it is still a watchable caper. The thing I like about it is a very distinctive Batman film with very good cinematography and stylish sets. Even though I think its weak overall, I still applaud Burton for taking the source material and just making it his own.

I think Batman Return was great. It's my second favourite Batman movie. And to be honest I just think it is way better than The Dark Knight and Batman Begins. I guess the reason why I love it, is because yeah it's dark but it just reminds me a lot of the comics from 80's.
When I watch it, it always seems as if Tim Burton got a snow glob and put black ink into it, I don't know if that makes sense, but that's how I see it and well I dig it

Semper Fooey
With regard to the comment great directores don't make terrible films, yes they do, at least some of them have.

I didn't like it as much as the first Tim Burton film. But it's a lot better than Batman and Robin that's for sure. That's a hard film to watch.

yeah batman returns was awsome.

for reasons above.

Definately one EXCELLENT reason to watch the movie. This was a well done movie, the new ones are great too, but so are the old ones. They are what they are.

This is actually my least favorite Batmanmovie. I have to wonder though if it's because this is the only one I didn't see in a movie theatre -- all of the others, including the 1989 Batman, I saw at the movies. But not Batman Returns.

There are parts of it I like -- Catwoman, in particular -- but I HATE The Penquin. And I'm kinda unnerved by Christopher Walken.

Granted, I'm someone who thinks there should be midnight screenings of Batman and Robin at least in a couple of places in the country every Friday night.

I didn't like it as much as the first Tim Burton film. But it's a lot better than Batman and Robin that's for sure. That's a hard film to watch.
Batman & Robin could have been a great film.. All they had to do was:
  • Get rid of Arnold as Mr Freeze.
  • Throw in a Shark-repellent on the Batman's utility belt.
  • Make the costume less shiny.
Make the above changes & we have a great a movie that is timeless.
A modern day spoof of all things Batman.

C'mon how could people not enjoy this scene-

"Never leave home without it."

Batman & Robin could have been a great film.. All they had to do was:
  • Get rid of Arnold as Mr Freeze.
  • Throw in a Shark-repellent on the Batman's utility belt.
  • Make the costume less shiny.
Make the above changes & we have a great a movie that is timeless.
A modern day spoof of all things Batman.

C'mon how could people not enjoy this scene-

"Never leave home without it."

The only other suggestion I would give would be to get rid of the bat-nipples. That was the worst thing about the movie as far as I'm concerned.

The only other suggestion I would give would be to get rid of the bat-nipples. That was the worst thing about the movie as far as I'm concerned.
No Way, that would be like a butterfly effect.
It would end all those millions of jokes. We need that in Clooney's career.

Welcome to the human race...
Revisited it in December (should consider ourselves lucky that it doesn't have Die Hard levels of "is this a Christmas movie" discourse over it) and I'm not only inclined to consider it my favourite of that particular run of Batman movies but probably my favourite Batman movie full stop.

The Christopher Nolan Batman films are a lot more serious and much deeper than Tim Burton’s. But that being said I would much rather watch Batman and Batman Returns over the latter efforts. I prefer the larger than life villains combined with the gothic style and eccentric plots. Batman and Batman Returns also rely on the talents of old school style effects which visually looks superb but is now unfortunately a dying art. Don’t get me wrong the Bale films are great, but for me Burton has captured the right balance of how a Batman film should be.

Batman Returns is a 1992 American superhero film directed by Tim Burton and produced by Denise Di Novi and Burton, based on the DC Comics character Batman.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
I too actually think Burton is not that good of a director and is much better as an art director. One movie he outdid himself on however though was Ed Wood and it didn't even feel like him directing it, cause I felt the storytelling was much better than his usual.

I do really like his visuals though. I think maybe if Nolan and Burton had directed The Dark Knight trilogy then you would have had the best of both worlds, because you have Nolans storytelling and he has control over the script, and Burton could just do the art direction and cinematography.

I too actually think Burton is not that good of a director and is much better as an art director. One movie he outdid himself on however though was Ed Wood and it didn't even feel like him directing it, cause I felt the storytelling was much better than his usual.

I do really like his visuals though. I think maybe if Nolan and Burton had directed The Dark Knight trilogy then you would have had the best of both worlds, because you have Nolans storytelling and he has control over the script, and Burton could just do the art direction and cinematography.
I feel similarly; I mean, Returns is kind of a mess as a story, but it makes up for it by going full Burton as far as its style goes (far moreso than '89 did, in fact), which, in addition to its substance as far as Selina and her relationship with Bruce goes, which is surprisingly well-developed character work, helps make it a good movie in the end for me.

Welcome to the human race...
Conversely, I don't think The Dark Knight holds up that well precisely because it's a little too plot-oriented for its own good.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
The Dark Knight is very plot oriented but I feel that it's done well for that type. Returns just seem to lack focus for me. It does go full on Burton but that's why I like Batman 89 better though, because I felt it had more restraint, in a good way.