Watching Movies Alone with crumbsroom

Tools    

The trick is not minding
It's a hard movie to like. I thought that I had seen it before, many time before, but it turns out I've never made it through the first hour until now.

But while I can't say I enjoy it much, I admire it alot. All of Roegs work is worth at least seeing ( except Insignificance, blech)
It was definitely filmed well. Great visuals! For me, the scenes between Bowie and Clark lacked real substance and I found myself enjoying the scenes between Torn and Bowie more. Maybe it wa s because it got the the heart of the matter more often.
Bowie was perfect for this film. Torn was decent as well. You felt Bowie’s character (can’t remember name) loneliness. Doomed to forever be an outsider.
There’s plenty of nudity to please both sexes here as well.
Heck, and Rip Torn and David Bowie’s respective penises make a cameo.
So there’s that ....I guess?

I’ll never look at Patched O’Houlihan and Ziggy Stardust the same way again......

I wasn’t a big fan of TMWFTE. It’s ok....
Same, but I probably owe it a rewatch. I just remember Roeg's style, which I normally gel to, went a little overboard and kept me from engaging with the plight of Bowie's character.

Heck, and Rip Torn and David Bowie’s respective penises make a cameo.
Don't forget Bernie Casey!!! That nude swimming pool scene with Claudia Jennings don't mean a thing if it ain't got that Bernie swing.

You people are just diseased. The Man is a fine motion picture.

(except Insignificance, blech)
This is getting way out of hand. If I start hearing words against Bad Timing, I'm grabbing my blade.

The trick is not minding
Same, but I probably owe it a rewatch. I just remember Roeg's style, which I normally gel to, went a little overboard and kept me from engaging with the plight of Bowie's character.
This is probably true. Maybe someday I’ll rewatch it.

You people are just diseased. The Man is a fine motion picture.

This is getting way out of hand. If I start hearing words against Bad Timing, I'm grabbing my blade.

I felt Man is a pretty deliberate in being kind of an emotional vaccuum, even if sadness permeates it. It made it hard to get my fingers in while watching it, and only after I walked away, a few days later, did I find it lingering. Knowing what it is going in would probably greatly improve a second go round (fifth or sixth if you consider all of my aborted attempts to get through it when I was younger)

I just don't like Insignificance, at all. I've found it to be one of the weakest of all Criterion titles (at least by a legit great director). And of course my dismissal of this wouldn't lead to me not liking Bad Timing, which I consider in his top tier.

Anyone a fan of director Sergio Sollima? I had two of his films lying around that I had never seen, and so tried to do a double bill last night (Run Man Run and Revolver). I ended up falling asleep before Revolver ended, but that's no testament to its quality. It was feeling real good, even with a terrible dub of Oliver Reed's voice, which seems like some kind of sacrilege. And Run Man Run might have been one of the better sleeper spaghetti westerns I've come across in a long time.

I've had Revolver on my Prime list for a couple of years now.

The trick is not minding
Anyone a fan of director Sergio Sollima? I had two of his films lying around that I had never seen, and so tried to do a double bill last night (Run Man Run and Revolver). I ended up falling asleep before Revolver ended, but that's no testament to its quality. It was feeling real good, even with a terrible dub of Oliver Reed's voice, which seems like some kind of sacrilege. And Run Man Run might have been one of the better sleeper spaghetti westerns I've come across in a long time.
He directed The Great Silence, right?

He directed The Great Silence, right?

Believe that was Corbucci and kind of the best spaghetti western aside from Morricone stuff...Sollima did The Big Gundown, which I've never seen. Apparently Run Man Run is its unofficial sequel.

The trick is not minding
Believe that was Corbucci and kind of the best spaghetti western aside from Morricone stuff...Sollima did The Big Gundown, which I've never seen. Apparently Run Man Run is its unofficial sequel.
I’m confusing my spaghetti westerns. I’ve seen both and mixed up their names.
The Big Gundown was decent. I don’t think I’ve seen anything else of his.

I’m confusing my spaghetti westerns. I’ve seen both and mixed up their names.
The Big Gundown was decent. I don’t think I’ve seen anything else of his.

Easy enough to do.

Corbucci has done Django, Navajo Joe, Hellbenders, Shoot First...Ask Questions Later and a bunch more. A lot are pretty forgettable, a lot I haven't seen and the best by far is Great Silence.

The trick is not minding
Easy enough to do.

Corbucci has done Django, Navajo Joe, Hellbenders, Shoot First...Ask Questions Later and a bunch more. A lot are pretty forgettable, a lot I haven't seen and the best by far is Great Silence.
Heard of the first three films, just haven’t gotten into his filmography really. Spaghetti westerns aren’t exactly my favorite genre, but I do try to sample *all* genres as much as possible before my time is up.

Is the torture chamber of the Blue Men what I think it is? If so, I had no idea they'd been doing the devil's work this long.
Yeah, if Goliath knew how much money we spend to voluntarily enter the Torture Chamber of Blue Men he'd be very disappointed in us.