Classic Comedy Hall of Fame

Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Do you like Chaplin films, gbg?
If so, have you seen The Kid, and if not, it could be something you may enjoy since it's in the Pre 30's HoF

I've only seen a few of Chaplin's films, but I'd like to see more of them. I liked The Kid and Gold Rush. I seem to like Chaplin's movies, but I usually don't love them.

Wow, I just got here for the last minute of the countdown. I haven't even had time to take it all in. I must say this turned out to be one of my favorite Hofs. I loved that all the films were from a specific time period, that then allowed us to compare the different comedy styles, which to me was the best part. And there were many different comedy styles too.

Congrats to Modern Times, nice choice ahwell! and Thanks to Siddon for hosting.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
and the double positions continue til the end.

I had Nothing Sacred at #4
My Girl Friday at #7
and the winner, Modern Times at #5

So here's my list, I'm going to add the two Guiness films that I already voted on, making a list of 12. Since I never got to watch Sherlock Jr, I'm not sure where it would have placed, but I would have placed Trouble in Paradise at least 2nd, maybe even 1st.

1) Arsenic and Old Lace (1944)
2) Duck Soup (1933)
3) Kind Hearts and Coronets (1949)
4) Monkey Business(1931)
5) Nothing Sacred (1937)
6) Modern Times (1936)
7) Harvey (1950)
8) His Girl Friday (1940)
9) The Lavender Hill Mob (1951)
10) True Confession (1937)
11) It's a Gift (1934)
12) Top Hat (1935)

I've only seen a few of Chaplin's films, but I'd like to see more of them. I liked The Kid and Gold Rush. I seem to like Chaplin's movies, but I usually don't love them.
I gotcha

Here's my voting list. All of the noms were excellent choices! Good going guys. The only one I didn't like was Duck Soup, sorry.

1 His Girl Friday
2 True Confession
3 Nothing Sacred
4 Harvey
5 Top Hat
6 Monkey Business
7 Modern Times
8 The Lavender Hill Mob
9 It's a Gift
10 Kind Hearts and Coronets
11 Arsenic and Old Lace
12 Duck Soup

Here's my list

1. Modern Times
2. It's a Gift
3. Monkey Business
4. Nothing Sacred
5. Top Hat
6. Harvey
7. Arsenic and Old Lace
8. Duck Soup
9. His Girl Friday
10. True Confession

The DQ's definately factored into the results, Lavender Hill Mob would have been 11 and I was very conflicted on Kind Hearts and Coronets. The only one I really didn't care for was True Confession. His Girl Friday or Trouble in Paradise would have likely won had we not gotten the DQ's, spacing was a big this with Nat's noms.

Nice, wasn’t expecting it to win, but glad it did. Nice HoF, I loved most of the noms!

I might have voted Trouble in Paradise lower on my list. I liked it but didn't connect with it. But I had planned on rewatching it as I think some of the more subtle innuendos were missed by me on the first watch.

So I've decided to do three more time period Comedy Hall of Fames, they don't have to be done in order but I think the time periods that makes the most sense

Golden Age (1952-1976)
VHS/Video Store Era (1977-1997)
Modern Era (1998-2019)

So feel free to vote on which one you want next and when you want to do it.

So I've decided to do three more time period Comedy Hall of Fames, they don't have to be done in order but I think the time periods that makes the most sense

Golden Age (1952-1976)
VHS/Video Store Era (1977-1997)
Modern Era (1998-2019)

So feel free to vote on which one you want next and when you want to do it.
I suggest doing them in chronological order, and start the next one as soon as some of the current HoFs are either over with or winding down.

I'll second CR's suggestion. In order and when the current ones wind down.
I do know both the Sci-Fi and 19th will be ending in the first and second week of August, so maybe near that or just before.