Make a Movie Draft: Signups

Tools    

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
Possibly add the most profitable actors from other Anglophone countries?
Like a fixed price for the top ten British, Canadian, Australian etc. actors/actresses who haven't already appeared on that list.

Then for foreign actors, I guess you could the most profitable ten by continent?

I have to return some videotapes.
Up to you Cole, I'm fine either way. How are you going to work the draft?
We can make a new thread or keep it here. It'd be serpentine and you can choose any person each round... there isn't designated rounds for each job.

Alright. How in depth do you want us to go once the contest starts? Is it kind of up to us or so you have a basic outline of what you want?

Here's some examples from a previous one that was run.

Originally Posted by Tongue-Splitter
Frank Herbert's Dune:

Set in the distant future amidst a feudal interstellar society in which noble houses, in control of individual planets, owe allegiance to the Padishah Emperor, Dune tells the story of young Paul Atreides, whose noble family accepts the stewardship of the desert planet Arrakis. As this planet is the only source of the "spice" melange, the most important and valuable substance in the universe, control of Arrakis is a coveted — and dangerous — undertaking. The story explores the multi-layered interactions of politics, religion, ecology, technology, and human emotion, as the forces of the empire confront each other in a struggle for the control of Arrakis and its "spice".[5]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dune_%28novel%29

Crew

David Fincher as producer

Duncan Jones as Writer / Director

James Horner as composer

House Atreides

Kodi Smit-McPhee as Paul Atreides

Daniel Day-Lewis as Leto Atreides, Paul's father.

Jessica Chastain as Lady Jessica, Paul's mother.

Jared Harris as Thufir Hawat, Mentat and Master of Assassins of House Atreides.

Gary Oldman as Gurney Halleck, House Atreides warrior, troubadour.

Chris Evans as Duncan Idaho, swordmaster for House Atreides.

BD Wong as Wellington Yueh, Atreides Doctor

House Harkonnen / Bene Gesserit:

Paul Dano as Piter de Vries, Harkonnen Mentat

Ben Foster as Feyd-Rautha, nephew and heir of Baron Harkonnen.

Glenn Fleshler of True Detective fame as Baron Vladimir Harkonnen, head of House Harkonnen

Dave Bautista as Glossu "Beast" Rabban, Baron's nephew.

Helen Mirren as Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam, Bene Gesserit schemer

House Corrino
Christopher Lee as Shaddam Corrino IV, Emperor of the universe.

Gemma Arterton as Princess Irulan

Fremen

David Bowie as planeotologist, Fremen, Chani's father.

Joey King of Fargo TV fame as Chani, Paul's future concubine.

Viggo Mortenson as Stilgar, Fremen chieftain.

Trivia

*Ben Foster will reunite with director Duncan Jones after starring in Duncan's upcoming World of Warcraft film.
*Paul Dano and DDL will share the screen again, except this time Dano's character helps get the best of DDL.
*Speaking of, Daniel Day-Lewis plays Leto Atreides, who is betrayed by Wellington Yueh and dies very early in the film. He's still an important figure and has several important scenes.
*Speaking of early deaths, Chris Evans as Duncan Idaho also dies early after going full BA and taking out a BUNCH of enemies in a heroic sacrifice. Duncan Idaho, however, returns in every Dune sequel and is a central figure in each novel after the first. My favorite fictional character possibly ever.
*Duncan Jones is David Bowie's son. David Bowie will play a small, yet important role.
*Helen Mirren will play her role completely bald.
*Dave Bautista plays a man with essentially no brain, but is a major villain.
*Gary Oldman plays Gurney Halleck, a trusted member of House Atreides. He's a warrior, but also a troubadour, which means he will have some singing duties in the film. Not to worry, however, as Gary Oldman - the greatest actor alive - is also a tremendously talented singer. He just so happened to sing a duet with David Bowie, and he also starred in a music video from Bowie's most recent musical release.
Originally Posted by RaykwonDaChef
Christopher Nolan and Charles Roven the duo that brought The Dark Knight series to the Silver screen announce their latest project featuring a score from Hans Zimmer...

---------------------------------------Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles---------------------------------------

Starring:
Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Leonardo
Thomas Hardy as Raphael
Andrew Garfield as Donatello
Donald Faison as Michelangelo
Chiwetel Ejiofor as Baxter Stockman
Emily Blunt as April O'Neil
Ken Wanatanbe as Master Splinter
Michael Caine as Robert O'Neil
Ken Leung as Oroku Saki

Plot

Brilliant Scientist Baxter Stockman and his assistant April O'Neil have developed have devloped a new pest control innovation, "Mousers"!. These machines hunt and destroy rat's and should help curtail the rodent population in New York City. But these machines could lead to other discoveries in the vast and dark New York sewer system.

As the weeks pass across town multiple banks have been broken into from the inside through tiny under ground tunnels. Could there be a link between this and the mousers? Is the scientist Baxter not Stockman quite what he seems? What other creatures live in the sewers underneath New York?

Source material: http://turtlepedia.wikia.com/wiki/Te...2_%28Mirage%29

Okay, very helpful. Didn't know how fleshed out you were looking for.

I consider myself the least creative person ever but I got a couple simple ideas I think might be fun.

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
This is kind of tempting just because of these two things that were said:
an Oscar bait period piece
And
you may draft the adaptation rights to a series, book
I could really take advantage of something like this.

But I just don't know if I have the energy to be creative enough to join in.

How much time do you want to allow for a person to make a decision about joining?

Sorry I haven't been active these past few days. I should be good now.

I'd like to keep this at 8-10 max, so until it fills up you have time.

So after the 12 rounds of drafts, if you have money left over can you get additional actors on a first come first serve basis? I think reading through the posts here I have the hang of most of it.

I think the pricing should be fine for now, see how it goes this time round and if everything goes well can expand it in future?

So after the 12 rounds of drafts, if you have money left over can you get additional actors on a first come first serve basis?
Yeah, after the draft I will open up leftover free agency at a set time and it'll be first come first serve

I think the pricing should be fine for now, see how it goes this time round and if everything goes well can expand it in future?
Agreed.

Can I join? This sounds like fun.
Sure. That leaves us with 8. I can either start the draft now with no time limits until Friday, or I can wait (so more people can sign up if they want to) until Friday or sometime next weekend to start with a timed draft.

If we started now, and just did it in order, we could probably get most of it done by Friday, and then whatever's left can be timed? I don't mind really, is the first order going to be just the order of sign ups in the first post?

I'm more in favor of the timed draft, which Friday would it be?
I'd like to get the draft in this next weekend so we have some time to gather our ideas and not have it drag on for a long time.