Cole's Movie Commentaries

→ in
Tools    

Soothing music as you see people going fishig....

Creepy AF music ever as you see a car with chains over it!
What a contrast indeed.

But man, this dude got the worst job ever. and he needs to step his game way up too, forcing himself to go even deeper into this mess. god damn. glad it isn't me!

Going cliché, sign #1 - cheap ass staged scare, which doesn't even make sense despite of how you put it... it simply looks cool to have the boy coming backwards out of a box looking creepy...

I have to return some videotapes.
Going cliché, sign #1 - cheap ass staged scare, which doesn't even make sense despite of how you put it... it simply looks cool to have the boy coming backwards out of a box looking creepy...
Yeah I was wondering if that was actually what happens if you have night terrors.

And cliche #1 would be kid in horror movie has disorder that isn't disclosed until after it happens

And cliche #1 would be kid in horror movie has disorder that isn't disclosed until after it happens
true, but this just annoyed me. I mean, it works pretty effectively, but it's so cheap compared to what the film is actually capable of.

Like POOL PARTY OF DEATH!

That's just so sick.

And now you see the face of the cameraman!
Actually, you don't, if you remember the little "twist", which totally makes that creepy ass dude a freaking weakling.

Anyways, I love how he looks. very creepy dude, despite of what happens in the end he stays creepy for most of the running time.

Actually, you don't, if you remember the little "twist", which totally makes that creepy ass dude a freaking weakling.

Anyways, I love how he looks. very creepy dude, despite of what happens in the end he stays creepy for most of the running time.
Oh yeah duh, yeah the ending makes me look at
WARNING: spoilers below
children like the daughter
so differently. Just beyond creepy!

BTW, didn't want to spoil it if someone clicked on there.

Not gonna lie, really cool how they made it bounce off Ellison's glasses. Doesn't make it less creepy, just made me cringe a little less

Yeah I know.

Anyways, those home videos man... still one of the best, yet most disturbing, things about the film. They are really well made, looking very convincing.

Yeah I know.

Anyways, those home videos man... still one of the best, yet most disturbing, things about the film. They are really well made, looking very convincing.
This whole film is really original. Sad that critics gave it mixed ratings.

love the names of the tapes too lol

"sleepy time" how sweet
Yeah Ellison was probably thinking it was just some fun times with the family going in lol. He was in for a treat.

This whole film is really original. Sad that critics gave it mixed ratings.
Yeah well, there is stuff I don't like about this film. As I have said I hate how it uses stupid clichés when it actually is a very original horror film. It really doesn't need any of those stupid clichés...

But anyways, there is a lot to like here as well. I better wait till the end to give my final opinion. so far it still works pretty damn well for me.

Yeah the cliches aren't cool, but I'm sure every horror movie has them. I thought there was a nice mix of jump scares and just overall creepiness which really made it more entertaining for me.

As I typed that, I jumped twice at those jump scares lmao

Yeah the cliches aren't cool, but I'm sure every horror movie has them. I thought there was a nice mix of jump scares and just overall creepiness which really made it more entertaining for me.

As I typed that, I jumped twice at those jump scares lmao
Haha, yeah, generally I didn't mind as much as others did. But 3-4 jump scares less overall, and a twist that could've been left out... then I would have loved it it a whole lot.

Anyways, stupid cop enters the scene!