Hollywood and Sexual Misconduct

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Don Burke. He was a celebrity 'gardener' who was the dollar roller in 80s and 90s on television here. I would linky but can't from my laptop. Someof the things the serial cheater has said to women are outrageous. If you want to see a snippet of what this guy has been up to the best article at the moment is from the ABC site - Don Burke: Susie O'Neill accuses gardening guru of 'crude and belittling' remarks. Will give you a pretty good idea.
Susie O'Neil was nicknamed Madam Butterfly as one of our golden girl olympic medallists.

I lived in the same area as he did back then (country area) and some of the stuff I was hearing was OTT; wasnt sure how much was exaggerated but then I got involved with the purebreed dog world who he absolutely despised. Hooley dooley that was a ride! And spoke to people who had been on his show. Very eye opening.

I heard a report on the radio regarding Garrison Keillor - he said the incident happened many years ago where a woman was expressing some sort of grief or personal loss to him. She happened to be wearing a backless dress. Keillor said he placed his hand on the woman's back as a gesture to console her. He said she recoiled at his hand so he withdrew it and apologized on the spot for putting his hand on her back.

Geez - if that's true - I don't know what to think. A guy can't try to console a woman?

Thanks, Dani, I'll have to look that guy up. Cool, I didn't know you were involved in the dog breeding world. We once bought a dog from a breeder and boy, was that an adventure! I'll tell you about it sometime.

Captain, I read the same thing about Keillor and the backless dress woman. I don't know what else could have done---I guess put his hand on her shoulder but when I've ever tried to console either a man or a woman who was upset, I put my hand on their back. The fact that she was backless-dressed might just be circumstance. I don't know. I read in that article that he defends Al Franken of the allegations against him. He also is a supporter of Franken in the elections, giving money to his campaign. As far as Franken goes, I enjoyed him on SNL but I read the book Live From New York: The Complete, Uncensored History of Saturday Night Live as Told by Its Stars, Writers, and Guests by James Andrew Miller and Tom Shales. In it, I remember a few people talking about Franken and his political arguments with people. If I recall correctly, he disagreed so vehemently with someone that he chased them out of 30 Rockefeller Plaza and down the street, screaming at them. I don't know what that says about his personality and the now-famous pic that's going around of him and the woman on the plane. Then again, wasn't that a USO tour where they visited troops? If that's so, I wouldn't have thought he'd ever do that, so who knows?

As an aside, here's a link to Amazon and the SNL book, which is a very good read. And it's mostly the "good" SNL (varies on your opinion of which cast). This has the original cast and most of the cast through the 30th Anniversary, for which this book was meant to coincide. I enjoyed it quite a bit:

https://www.amazon.com/Live-New-York...day+night+live

Thanks, Dani, I'll have to look that guy up. Cool, I didn't know you were involved in the dog breeding world. We once bought a dog from a breeder and boy, was that an adventure! I'll tell you about it sometime.

Captain, I read the same thing about Keillor and the backless dress woman. I don't know what else could have done---I guess put his hand on her shoulder but when I've ever tried to console either a man or a woman who was upset, I put my hand on their back. The fact that she was backless-dressed might just be circumstance. I don't know. I read in that article that he defends Al Franken of the allegations against him. He also is a supporter of Franken in the elections, giving money to his campaign. As far as Franken goes, I enjoyed him on SNL but I read the book Live From New York: The Complete, Uncensored History of Saturday Night Live as Told by Its Stars, Writers, and Guests by James Andrew Miller and Tom Shales. In it, I remember a few people talking about Franken and his political arguments with people. If I recall correctly, he disagreed so vehemently with someone that he chased them out of 30 Rockefeller Plaza and down the street, screaming at them. I don't know what that says about his personality and the now-famous pic that's going around of him and the woman on the plane. Then again, wasn't that a USO tour where they visited troops? If that's so, I wouldn't have thought he'd ever do that, so who knows?

As an aside, here's a link to Amazon and the SNL book, which is a very good read. And it's mostly the "good" SNL (varies on your opinion of which cast). This has the original cast and most of the cast through the 30th Anniversary, for which this book was meant to coincide. I enjoyed it quite a bit:

https://www.amazon.com/Live-New-York...day+night+live

Oh not anymore, dad. I got out of there. And do PM anytime about that.

As for the hand on the back thing, I read he tried to undo her bra clip, not that it was a backless dress. So much 'stuff' flying around it's hard to tell arthur from martha. Surely they wouldnt sack him for not researching what actually happened? It's all one big soap opera.

Originally Posted by Dani8
As for the hand on the back thing, I read he tried to undo her bra clip, not that it was a backless dress. So much 'stuff' flying around it's hard to tell arthur from martha. Surely they wouldnt sack him for not researching what actually happened? It's all one big soap opera.
Yeah, it's hard to know which story is real and which is not or which story conveniently leaves out certain parts.

I'm sure tomorrow will probably reveal another sex scandal. I hate to say it but I'm intrigued by the Matt Lauer story just because according to the story from the NYT, there may be many more women from over the decades. We'll see if any of his former onscreen co-workers are in that group. I have to wonder about Matt Lauer's best friend, the main weatherman Al Roker. It would shock me if he had anything to do with this or knew about it because I've always liked that guy and held him in high esteem, just because of his demeanor and professionalism. But we've seen that sometimes that doesn't mean anything. When it came to things like pinching Katie Couric on the butt, which he had to have seen, I wonder if he treated it like "we're all just funning around here" because Matt was his friend?

Yeah more will unravel. Geoffrey Rush got hit here today. He said he didnt know anything about it until contacted by a trashy news outlet last night. Just have to waitand see.

Yeah, Geoffrey Rush is a hard one to take. We'll see how it plays out but it's hard to deal with so many. I know people do abuse power but whatever happened to men asking women out on a date or trying to develop a relationship with a woman. It's like these guys just wanted to jump from "hello" to instant sex. So many lives are being ruined. The aggressor, the victim, the aggressor's family if they have one, and the victim's family, not to mention the close circle of friends affected. Two of Lauer's co-workers made the announcement of his firing live on air and at least one of them was teary-eyed. Here it is, along with his supposed best friend, Al Roker, coming in at the very end. BTW, this was obviously recorded off someone's TV but it's the only copy I could find as NBC is notorious for not letting anyone but themselves air NBC property:

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...25&FORM=VRDGAR

So many lives are being ruined. The aggressor, the victim, the aggressor's family if they have one, and the victim's family, not to mention the close circle of friends affected.
Yes to all of the above, even for those I have not been so kind towards in these threads.

They just have to be allowed their day in court like anyone else accused of crimes

I must say, despite what Lauer got up to (pretty grubby) he has dealt with dignity his apology.

sorry if its been mentioned but ridley scott replaced Spacey with plummer in the getty movie. I havent heaRD much about this movie at all so it shouldnt be much of a problem here but what are americans saying?.

Why I belive some off these reports and allegations, I have this in mind. The establishment works on fear. When needing a deflection it will give a Oswald too protect its ass. This is all just the passing of an old era. I don’t trust the media or believe it.

Cynema, why is Bill Cosby not on your list? (Next to Weinstein he's still like the alleged king of sexual abusers in Hollywood!)
And I assume you're limiting it to entertainers and not including politicians (because then the list would quadruple in size... at least!)
Jimmy Savile is just as bad and he's not here

Yeah, this has been way overdue. It's time we do this. And we do it right this time.

So Far:
Harvey Weinstein
Chris Savino
Kevin Spacey (I still can't get over this one. So disappointed in him. )
Marty Weiss
Jon Grissom
Andy Dick
Louis C.K
Brett Ratner
Andrew Kreisberg
Dominick Brascia
Steven Seagal
George Takei

(Next thing we know, HashtagBrownies will accused. )

(Who's Next?)
Your profile picture of Michael Jackson should be on this list

Here's a bit of satire I made on another site for former satirist and Senator Al Franken:

Stop GROPING and start GROWING!
A new look at personal development
by renowned author Stuart Smalley.

"This book really helped me feel my way through the darkness!"
- Roy Moore

"As soon as I read the chapter on "Mirror work," I started growing immediately!"
- Harvey Weinstein

Time Magazine calls it a revolutionary "hands on" approach to self help and personal enlargement.

"You too can stop GROPING and start GROWING!"

Yeah more will unravel. Geoffrey Rush got hit here today. He said he didnt know anything about it until contacted by a trashy news outlet last night. Just have to waitand see.
And Geoffrey Rush has filed a Defamation Action in the Federal Court of Australia and requested it be dealt with ASAP. Go Geoffrey. Gutter media should be slammed as fast as possible.

Here's a bit of satire I made on another site for former satirist and Senator Al Franken:

Stop GROPING and start GROWING!
A new look at personal development
by renowned author Stuart Smalley.

"This book really helped me feel my way through the darkness!"
- Roy Moore

"As soon as I read the chapter on "Mirror work," I started growing immediately!"
- Harvey Weinstein

Time Magazine calls it a revolutionary "hands on" approach to self help and personal enlargement.

"You too can stop GROPING and start GROWING!"
Pretty good there, MOS. Well Letterman's gone, and Jon Stewart is gone, so I ll turn to you Supe to help me find a little humor in all this darkness.

PS not sure if I should formally address you as man o steel or cap n?

PS not sure if I should formally address you as man o steel or cap n?
Now, on this site you can either call me Man o' Steel, or... if you're slightly more daring... "O Captain, my Captain."

Things are not looking good for Dustin Hoffman, unfortunately. He's one of my favorite actors. And no matter what the outcome is following these allegations, I will always be a fan of his work.

Now watch in the next couple of days as people who knew him in the industry come out attacking him saying what a pervert and sexual deviant he was. There is zero loyalty in Hollywood. It's quite sad and infuriating.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...233534822.html
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa