I'm a newbie to movies, please give me some Movie recommendations

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
You are in the right place beib,

But after drop d thread, just where are you? 33
LMAO! Nice one, Reso. I'm loving it

LMAO! Nice one, Reso. I'm loving it
i missed OP already. It does feel silly sometimes just listing again the wall

“I was cured, all right!”
Hi, I am kind of familiar with movies, but I want to really watch amazing movies, so I can get away from the Normie ass movies that are formulaic and stupid. I just want to see really want to see really good movies, that can change the way I look at things.
Welcome to Movie Forums!!

If you're really looking to something different from the "formulaic and stupid" I recommend you to go further and watch films from different countries too.

Russia: Moscow Does Not Believe in Tears (1980) and Stalker (1979)

France: Au Revoir Les Enfants (1987) and Caché (2005)

South Korea: The Chaser (2008), Sympathy For Mr. Vengeance (2002) and I Saw the Devil (2010)

Japan: Hana-Bi (1997), Rashômon (1950), Harakiri (1962) and Tokyo Story (1953)

Hong Kong: Spring in a Small Town (1948) , A Better Tomorrow (1986), City on Fire (1987) and Chungking Express (1994).

Spain: Volver (2006) and The Sea Inside (2004)

Argentina: Nine Queens (2000), The Secret in Their Eyes (2009)

Brazil: Black God, White Devil (1964) and Central Station (1998)

Are you gonna bark all day, little doggy?

I second this- "Who Killed Captain Alex" is one of the best low- I mean, no-budget films ever made.

1990 s Internal affairs is an absolute ride into a cop s daily fears of him losing his relationship with his wife and the outcomes of IAD interfering with his job, and the the cops ,who are corrupt, a great recommendations if u like cop thrillers, richard gere is absolutely sinister here as the bad guy in what could his only villain role in his career, a great great film directed by the one and only mike figgis

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Who is Advertisement? They never reply to my PMs.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

Hi, I am kind of familiar with movies, but I want to really watch amazing movies, so I can get away from the Normie ass movies that are formulaic and stupid. I just want to see really want to see really good movies, that can change the way I look at things.
I could write a whole list on films and directors you should see. But seeing as I watched it last night I’m going to recommend El Topo.

interstellar

sully