What Christmas Movie(s) Do You Have to Watch Every Christmas?

Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
For Christmas movies, I usually watch the classics It's a Wonderful Life and Miracle on 34th Street, but I also watch some of the Christmas TV specials.

How the Grinch Stole Christmas! (The 1966 animated version)
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
Frosty the Snowman
The Year Without a Santa Claus (The 1974 version)

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
but I also watch some of the Christmas TV specials.
That is what I do most of all. I pretty much watch every TV special there is every year. I don't think "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" was on at all last year, and it was on this past weekend, but I missed it. Hopefully they will repeat it. Every Thanksgiving the newspaper lists all of the holiday programming and when they will be on. So, tomorrow I will be going through that list and write out my schedule. I really like to watch Christmas episodes of various TV shows, too.

But for movies, I watch "A Christmas Story" every year without fail. If I am able to catch them on TV, I will watch "Miracle on 34th Street" (the original), "Christmas Vacation" and "Elf".

Die Hard!!!!!

Also:

A Christmas Story
Miracle on 34th Street
Elf
It's A Wonderful Life
Scrooged
Bad Santa
Home Alone 1 & 2
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

Edgar Allan Poe

lol Really you want to know???

Since I had this book as a young child...

I love watching....

and all the other animated holiday specials since thats what I grew up with...

Oh and I watch ... with my sister..... even gave her husband an advent calendar similar to the one in the movie as a joke...

It's become a tradition for me to watch How the Grinch Stole Christmas every year when it comes on Cartoon Network. I think it's going on 12 years or so.

How the Grinch Stole Christmas (animated)
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
Fred Claus
Love Actually
The Nightmare Before Christmas
The Ref

I also watch the Blackadder Christmas Carol (TV special) and this year I'll be adding Tokyo Godfathers to the movie list.
I also always put Surf's Up on while I decorate the tree, though it's not a Christmas movie.

The Cartoon Network special Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer and from this year going forward Kirk Cameron's Saving Christmas. Me and my sister take the weirdest and worst possible Christmas things and make fun of them for being weird and bad. It's way more social than paying attention to a good movie.

I always watch the Alastair Sim Scrooge, although my absolute favourite is A Christmas Carol with George C. Scott, which I used to watch on Christmas Day but have stopped as I didn't want it to become too familiar. I think he's brilliant in it and I like the fact that it's noticeably more scary. The only downside is the daft invented Christmas carol used as the theme at various points.

I've also a soft spot for the Robert de Niro and Meryl Streep film Falling in Love [not exactly a Christmas film but Christmas is a recurring point], which I used to watch as soon as I'd finished work for the Christmas break. I've since stopped, again to keep it fresh next time I see it.

It was quite funny last year, as on Christmas Day I watched Under the Skin (!) and then Skyfall, which I hadn't yet seen and which I enjoyed. Other films I saw were the Dwayne Johnson Hercules which was a total disappointment (the trailer looked fantastic) and the Swedish films The Hunters and False Trail, which were excellent.

I've watched Life of Brian during the last seven Decembers, and the one year I also watched it two times in November before watching it again around Christmas. So I guess my answer would be Life of Brian.

And yes, I plan on watching it again this December.