Oscar's Best Animated Feature 2020

Tools    

The Animated Feature Oscar will go to...?
0%
0 votes
HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON: THE HIDDEN WORLD
11.11%
1 votes
I LOST MY BODY
33.33%
3 votes
KLAUS
22.22%
2 votes
MISSING LINK
33.33%
3 votes
TOY STORY 4
9 votes. You may not vote on this poll

The five nominees are...

How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World

I Lost My Body

Klaus

Missing Link

Toy Story 4
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Anyone else soooo glad Frozen II didn’t get a nom? I’m hoping for TS4 as well.

I've only seen two of the nominated films. Of the two, I prefer How to Train Your Dragon, but I don't think it was great. Honestly, I'd be happy to see anything other than Toy Story take the win. I found it pretty underwhelming.

It will be Toy Story, but it should be I Lost My Body.

Missing Link won the Globe. I think it will repeat it with an Oscar.
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Its nice to see them nominated, but alas winners only come from one section of the industry.

I will like it if Missing Link wins it! I dont know when was the last stop motion film to win it. If ever. Did Wallace and Gromit win anything?

But I lost my body is just way too unique to ignore! Depressing, but lovely.

The trick is not minding
Its nice to see them nominated, but alas winners only come from one section of the industry.

I will like it if Missing Link wins it! I dont know when was the last stop motion film to win it. If ever. Did Wallace and Gromit win anything?

Wallace and Grommit: Curse is the Wererabbit won in 2005

The trick is not minding

Wallace and Grommit: Curse is the Wererabbit won in 2005

15 years ago. Quite a long time ago, considering we Mr. Fox come some time after that.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Pulling for Klaus. Toy Story 4 looked amazing, Klaus looked unique.

Suspect's Reviews

Just to close this thread out properly, Toy Story 4 did win for Best Animated Feature. In the nineteen years of this award we seemed hopeful that this wouldn't simply become an annual rubber stamp for the biggest kid's movie of the year, especially the inevitable and usually less inspired sequels. That Frozen II did not even manage a nomination this year was encouraging. But then they went and gave the trophy to Toy Story 4.

Oh, well.

Rubbish award this really.