Rate the last Book you read

Tools    

We disagree on the two movies In my opinion the Japanese film is one of the best horror films ever while the American remake is barely mediocre.
I saw the remake, then the original. What stands out for me about the latter is that I disliked the scenes of the consequences of seeing the tape — the distorted, static faces. Comparing it to the remake is one of the only times where I've thought a graphic representation of something horrific is more effective than an implied one.

The SS Dirlewanger Brigade: The History of the Black Hunters by Christian Ingrao

I was hoping to read a history book about the activities of this notorious SS unit but instead got an anthropological study of hunting and cynegetic implications of anti-partisan warfare. There was some historical information in it as well but way too large portion of the book was dedicated to meaningless non-sense. 2/5

Re-read of these beautiful books.

5/5
Re-read. Read this book the first time I saw the movie Instinct with Anthony Hopkins.
For some a life changing experience, a fine perspective for me indeed.
I can say, because I was really young, it shaped my future perspective on our role as humans.

great reading

Felt guilty about returning so many bad books to Amazon that I stuck with this one. Read maybe 1/2 of it. Don’t ask me what it’s about; I have no idea.