What do you guys think of Joaquin Phoenix's Golden Globes speech?

Tools    

It was genuine, weird and gave me anxiety..but still great

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I think he **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ****
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Kinda lame, but I don’t love Phoenix anyways. I wonder if @Miss Vicky liked the speech?

Kinda lame, but I don’t love Phoenix anyways. I wonder if @Miss Vicky liked the speech?
Had to watch it on YouTube to even know what he said thanks to the censored broadcast.

I wouldn't say that I liked it as I don't think I've ever liked any acceptance speeches, but it's pretty much exactly what I expected of him. He's an awkward dude who has been a vegan since childhood and has been an animal rights and environmental activist for a long time.

I thought it was awesome...sincere, from the heart, and it didn't sound like it was written and re-written and rehearsed for a week like Michelle Williams' speech. I loved Williams in Fosse/Verdon and think she deserves all the awards she's won, but she has yet to say anything in any of her acceptance speeches about the project or co-star Sam Rockwell. Every time she's won an award she's just used each occasion as her own personal soapbox.

I thought it was awesome...sincere, from the heart, and it didn't sound like it was written and re-written and rehearsed for a week like Michelle Williams' speech. I loved Williams in Fosse/Verdon and think she deserves all the awards she's won, but she has yet to say anything in any of her acceptance speeches about the project or co-star Sam Rockwell. Every time she's won an award she's just used each occasion as her own personal soapbox.
Her speech pissed me off something awful, one of my friends even called her a feminazi (not sure if that’s too far).

Her speech pissed me off something awful, one of my friends even called her a feminazi (not sure if that’s too far).
It's Hollywood. There's a pretty long history of celebrities using awards speeches to champion whatever social/political/environmental cause they're passionate about whether or not it's relevant to the film they were in.

Probably best not to watch the ceremonies if that kind of thing is going to "piss you off something awful."

It's Hollywood. There's a pretty long history of celebrities using awards speeches to champion whatever social/political/environmental cause they're passionate about whether or not it's relevant to the film they were in.

Probably best not to watch the ceremonies if that kind of thing is going to "piss you off something awful."
I mean, most of the speeches were fine. Just stuff like that pissed me off. I usually don’t watch the ceremonies but for some reason I did this year, probably because I actually made a bet on it.

Gosh, you are destroying me tonight Miss Vicky

You just inspired me to watch a video clip of Michelle William's acceptance speech at the Golden Globes. She really did deliver a pre-planned message didn't she, which I don't think is cool even if I do agree with what she said about choice. And I don't really like being blamed as a man for what she said basically was a man's world. If women want more women in government then they should vote that way. I never stopped Michelle Williams from doing anything. In fact I'm pretty darn sure she's made more movies than I have!

Welcome to the human race...
Criticising a system of power that has historically favoured (and continues to favour) men is not the same thing as "blaming" every single man simply for being male. It's better to be aware of that than to take criticism of the patriarchy as a personal attack (and voting for women won't help matters if said women also end up serving the same system).

As for Joaquin, all I'll say is that if this is the caliber of acceptance speech we can expect from him then I'm almost okay with him winning.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
I just watched the Michelle Williams one. Her speech has nothing to do with a golden globe award winning! It would be the same as if she were invited on a show to talk about the same women's right issue, but instead she thanks everyone for her golden globe award instead.

But then she goes from the abortion issue, to women's right to vote, randomly.

And why did the audience clap for her, instead of being thrown off guard by the random tangent? Were they just trying to be polite?