The Videogames Tab

Tools    

The Adventure Starts Here!
i still got my old animal crossing on my DS lol. i havent played my nintendo switch for ages since last year :/ been too busy playing my ps5 :/

It was time for me to upgrade the Wii. I was playing an older Mario Kart racing game on the Wii a few months ago (on the 65" TV in the living room) and realized how unwieldy the system is. Wow, the Switch is such an upgrade in terms of usefulness.

Plus, the types of games on a Nintendo system are more my speed anyway. Plus also, way cheaper than other consoles. I'm still mostly a PC gamer, but it's nice to have a console hooked up to the TV too.

It was time for me to upgrade the Wii. I was playing an older Mario Kart racing game on the Wii a few months ago (on the 65" TV in the living room) and realized how unwieldy the system is. Wow, the Switch is such an upgrade in terms of usefulness.

Plus, the types of games on a Nintendo system are more my speed anyway. Plus also, way cheaper than other consoles. I'm still mostly a PC gamer, but it's nice to have a console hooked up to the TV too.
gosh hope u kept the wii and mario kart, i still got my mario kart 64 on the n64. it is but i dont bring with me i leave it at home. that would be true i kept all my nintendo consoles. i know some people use their pc to play old games on it

gosh hope u kept the wii and mario kart, i still got my mario kart 64 on the n64. it is but i dont bring with me i leave it at home. that would be true i kept all my nintendo consoles. i know some people use their pc to play old games on it
Oh yeah, it's still attached to the big TV downstairs. I've been playing the Switch in my office upstairs. It still works just fine so I'll likely keep it and the games I bought for it.

Breath of the Wild has taken over my brain now.

I tried it back when it was released. I was late to Zelda stuff but got really into Twilight Princess and loved it, but that's about it. The rest I just watched other people play or kind of distantly appreciated. I really bounced kinda hard off of BoTW's brittle combat on release and just never got around to picking it back up again, just because I knew I'd either continue to be frustrated by it or, best case, I'd get sucked in and it would eat up a lot of time.

Finally made a point, a few days ago, to force myself to push through those early-game frustrations just to see if they persisted, and while some of them have it finally got its hooks in me, and now I'm kind of thinking about it while doing other things most of the day.

Still don't love the combat, but I also expect I'll like it a little more if I get a little better. But I've gotten good enough at exploration and amassed enough gear and stamina that I can do that mostly to my heart's content, and so I'm right in the middle of that addictive loop of discovery.

Lovely game, really impressive. Kind of at a loss for how they managed to put so much into it.

Oh yeah, it's still attached to the big TV downstairs. I've been playing the Switch in my office upstairs. It still works just fine so I'll likely keep it and the games I bought for it.
oh good dont ever sell them their good for ur memories. which switch u got? . good dont sell the good ones

oh good dont ever sell them their good for ur memories. which switch u got? . good dont sell the good ones
I got the standard one with red and blue Joy-Con controllers, including the dock, the controller-holder thingy, and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

https://www.gamestop.com/consoles-ha...le/355955.html

I added some inexpensive steering wheel control-holders for racing games.

I've also added a handful of cheap games on sale since then and upgraded to the Nintendo Online Expansion Pack membership for this first year. And, of course, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, which seems to be the game I'm playing the most right now.

I ordered a second "regular" controller from Amazon that will arrive next week, so I won't have to keep taking the Joy-Con controllers off the Switch in the dock just to play here alone.

You ready? You look ready.
@Yoda

I tried getting into BotW when I had my switch, but it was just wayyy too sandboxy. Every time I picked it up I’d waste a couple hours without actually accomplishing anything. Definitely feel like that game could have been way better if they had put better focus on moving the story along and not “hey, here’s this giant world you can waste time in”.

It sure was pretty tho.

@Yoda

I tried getting into BotW when I had my switch, but it was just wayyy too sandboxy. Every time I picked it up I’d waste a couple hours without actually accomplishing anything. Definitely feel like that game could have been way better if they had put better focus on moving the story along and not “hey, here’s this giant world you can waste time in”.

It sure was pretty tho.
You had me at "sandboxy."

I got the standard one with red and blue Joy-Con controllers, including the dock, the controller-holder thingy, and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

https://www.gamestop.com/consoles-ha...le/355955.html

I added some inexpensive steering wheel control-holders for racing games.

I've also added a handful of cheap games on sale since then and upgraded to the Nintendo Online Expansion Pack membership for this first year. And, of course, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, which seems to be the game I'm playing the most right now.

I ordered a second "regular" controller from Amazon that will arrive next week, so I won't have to keep taking the Joy-Con controllers off the Switch in the dock just to play here alone.
thats what i have also. hope they release like the ones on the wii, . wait which steering wheel i need to get that?. thats with the all the nintendo consoles like n64,super nintendo. i still have my nes and n64.

i need those they better then the joy sticks

A system of cells interlinked
Randomly picked up Inscryption after watching a "Video Games You Should Play Before You Die" video, as I saw it on sale on Steam. Fun and clever. I already completed a full run and the final boss, but it seems like the game keeps going after some fun meta stuff at the end or the false end, or whatever it is (I haven't gone much farther yet).

Wish I had the patience to get further in Breath of the Wild but I never did
I'd strongly consider pushing through. I'm really, really glad I did.

Assuming it's the kind of thing you like on paper (IE: Zelda games and/or open world games) to begin with of course.

Randomly picked up Inscryption after watching a "Video Games You Should Play Before You Die" video, as I saw it on sale on Steam. Fun and clever. I already completed a full run and the final boss, but it seems like the game keeps going after some fun meta stuff at the end or the false end, or whatever it is (I haven't gone much farther yet).
Great game. Maybe the best sense of atmosphere of any game I've ever played. I was totally obsessed with that game for a few weeks.

Hard to say where you are, depending on what you mean by "at the end or the false end," because yeah, there's a lot of stuff. It goes well beyond what it looks like it's going to be.

Great game. Maybe the best sense of atmosphere of any game I've ever played. I was totally obsessed with that game for a few weeks.

Hard to say where you are, depending on what you mean by "at the end or the false end," because yeah, there's a lot of stuff. It goes well beyond what it looks like it's going to be.
I was vague with possible spoilers because this seems like the type of game that is best played knowing absolutely nothing about it, and I recommend people try this if they have even a passing interest in this style of game. As for being obsessed, I seemed to play for about 8 hours yesterday, although I got up and left the game running several times to make Stelly lunch, eat, and do various household stuff throughout the day. I finally had to force myself to turn it off and play my guitar because I was zoning out. I did see you had a few dozen hours on the game on Steam, though!

As for where I am...

WARNING: "Inscryption" spoilers below
I beat the final battle with the moon and the shifting bosses, and watched the live action stuff with the guy wandering around in the woods, finding the floppy disk etc., after which I ended up with a steaming pile of something on the table with a birthday candle in it, and then it shifted back into the game mode at what looked like a modified version of the first map. At that point, I saved up and shut it down.

Ah. Well, uh...there's a lot left after that. You're basically done with the first act.

For my money the first act is definitely the best, but there are several really clever and interesting ideas later on, too, so it's very much worthwhile.

Ah. Well, uh...there's a lot left after that. You're basically done with the first act.

For my money the first act is definitely the best, but there are several really clever and interesting ideas later on, too, so it's very much worthwhile.
Oh, I plan on playing more, believe me

Really fun game, and quite addicting.

thats what i have also. hope they release like the ones on the wii, . wait which steering wheel i need to get that?. thats with the all the nintendo consoles like n64,super nintendo. i still have my nes and n64.

i need those they better then the joy sticks
I got these steering wheels for the Switch. Two for thirteen bucks was a good deal. Haven't used them yet, though.

https://www.gamestop.com/gaming-acce...ck/244214.html

Are there any good recently released (last 3-4 years) Skyrim-like open world RPGs worth checking out? I gave Elden Ring a shot, but I'm a little worn out on Soulslike games lately. I have heard good things about Outward.
Thanks!

Are there any good recently released (last 3-4 years) Skyrim-like open world RPGs worth checking out? I gave Elden Ring a shot, but I'm a little worn out on Soulslike games lately. I have heard good things about Outward.
Thanks!
RDR2 is probably one of the better ones, though whether that's really the same kind of "open world" as the Bethesda RPGs is another question.

Maybe No Man's Sky, which is by all accounts a completely different game than the one that launched, and quite fleshed out now. A little more "make your own fun" than the more guided quests of Skyrim, though, but there's a fair amount of built-in stuff too now.

Kinda the same with Cyberpunk 2077, which I ended up sinking about 60 hours into (might go back for a bit yet, too). That one's a lot closer to the formula, too, than NMS or RDR.