MoFo Fantasy Baseball 2022 - The Season

Tools    

Yeah! I really like that too! Well said!

A system of cells interlinked
Down to the final two days, fellas!

Best of luck in this final push...

In recognition for a pretty good year I'm adding a Mariner for the first time in about 5 years I think. You might not think so, but I don't hate the M's. They are just really hard to root for. I wish them luck and I hope we don't get the Yankees in the first round. We do not have a good record against the Yankees in the playoffs . Not good at all.

The trick is not minding
Mariners are the only team in todays alignment that has not reached the World Series.
But I’m personally rooting for a Astros-Dodgers rematch with the Dodgers getting a measure of revenge for the cheating allegations.

Well, that about does it, folks.

Last game is finishing up now, so I don't see much more movement in the standings happening.

Another fun season in the books.

Let's hear it for Chris, who completely owned it this season! Well done!

Thanks Mike.

Yeah, one of those years where things worked out. Normally I'd say that means no injuries, but the Anderson one was big, and losing Lynn for half the year (when I waited on pitching and he was the first I took!) was very bad. I think the biggest factor was nabbing so many good starters who bounced back. Darvish, Castillo, and McKenzie were all excellent and came at massive draft day discounts. Julio Rodriguez was probably the steal of the year, too, pun intended.

Can't imagine this'll happen again, so just enjoying it. It was a fun baseball season in general, too.

I think I was in first for pretty much the entire second half, and I was pretty sure I'd win about a month in, just based on the mix of strong early results, plus guys coming back from injury/likely to improve. It felt super weird to not worry about roto for the last 6-8 weeks, like I do every other year. It truly was:

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Sadly the NY Mets 2022 season is over, but this catch by Luis Guillorme in yesterday's game was amazing!

Just when I was considering getting on the band wagon the Mariners show us all a good example of why they will never even make it to the world series, much less win one. They had the best team in the American League on the ropes and inexplicably take out their closer to bring in a guy who has just gotten shelled by them this year. Result? 2 pitches and a 3 run tater, game over. That was A huge loss and now I'll be shocked if they even win a game.

I know this means I'm old but I miss the original system. Back when there was only 2 divisions. Every game mattered and if you could win your division you'd go straight to the ALCS.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Playoff baseball is pretty stupid. Best of five after 162 games, get outta here.
I don't pay a whole lot of attention to the playoffs to be honest as it honestly just seems like a crapshoot. I'm sure you could say that about all the other leagues too but Padres and Phillies are really the two best NL teams?

Nope. Dodgers are definitely better than both. Not that the best team always has to win, but yeah, it's just way too easy for a much better team to have a couple bad games, or just have sheer dumb luck ruin an otherwise stellar season. For crying out loud, the Cardinals won a World Series after winning 83 games in the regular season.

Mariners looked pretty solid in the playoffs, but it wasn't their year. I am thinking next year for a World Series appearance, and perhaps even a win for them. You heard it here first, folks!

The Astros are so good at cheating the baseball gods granted them a no hitter last night. Kinda have to be impressed with the franchises run the last 6, 7 years. Even if you're convinced they somehow cheated the Dodgers out of a title. They still had to get there. I'm not interested in the least in doing the mental gymnastics needed to even entertain the idea that they are somehow the only team in baseball that's been able to get away with cheating for almost a decade now. C'mon man. Maybe they are just good.