Robin Williams RIP

Tools    

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Growing up two of my favorite movies were Mrs. Doubtfire and Aladdin. I distinctly remember watching Mrs. Doubtfire over and over at my grandmas house, laughing time and time again even though I knew everything that was coming up. I actually use a few of his quotes when joking around with my friends now that I just thought of it.

And the genie. Who could ever forget a voice performance like that. In perhaps one of the better Disney movies pre-Pixar. The man was great in this and I thought it was maybe even oscar nominee worthy stuff.

I was just introduced to Good Will Hunting about 2 or 3 years ago, not sure but I know it wasn't until I had joined this forum. His performance in that film blew me away and I consider it probably one of the top ten best supporting actor winners of all time that I have seen. It's not your fault. Its not your fault.

Those are the main three that I truly enjoyed him in but I also liked him in Final Cut, RV, Night at the Museum, Jumanji, and The Birdcage. I am just sad that we won't be able to see anymore of his comedic greatness. Truly a legend and I honestly do agree with SC when he compares him to Chaplin and Groucho Marx for our era.

R.I.P. Robin Williams

editing this post bc now i think it's weird

basically i just think it's strange that we only seem to celebrate a person to this degree once they've passed on. not that i think there's anything wrong with doing so

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I don't think it was a woe is me, let me get recognized death. I think it's silly to think that. Sure, it could have potentially been the case but I think it was more of a mental/psychological reason gone wrong.

Picture of Robin Williams posing with a Dairy Queen employee in Lindstrom, Minnesota on June 29th, 2014.

I was trying to find a recent photo of him and could only find this.

Story behind this photo:

LINDSTROM, Minn. (WCCO) — No one really knows what he was doing in Lindstrom, but the evidence is pretty clear that actor and comedian Robin Williams was there.

Williams stopped in to the Lindstrom Dairy Queen Sunday night.

Fifteen-year old Abby Albers was working the counter when Williams walked in.

“I didn’t think it was actually him (at first), because I didn’t understand why he would be in Lindstrom at the Dairy Queen,” she said.

But after consulting with a co-worker and hearing Williams’ voice, Albers was convinced.

Albers says Williams wasn’t the zany, utlra-hyper guy he usually comes across as on talk shows, but he was gracious enough to pose for a photo with Albers and her co-worker.

His order? A small vanilla cone.

Source
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	53b2f65b6e2ad.jpg
Views:	1192
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	16635  

I don't think it was a woe is me, let me get recognized death. I think it's silly to think that. Sure, it could have potentially been the case but I think it was more of a mental/psychological reason gone wrong.
what would that be though?

i don't know the answer

I think Robin Williams was just depressed and mentally ill. I think. If that's really what led to his suicide. If it involved anything else, like trying to immortalize himself forever, that's just something that comes with the depression and illness. Just another symptom of the problem. There's no reason really to contemplate about what he might have been doing or trying to say with this. I think he just wanted to die. That's what's so hard to understand and believe -- how could Robin Williams commit suicide? A man who seems to always burst with happiness.

He doesn't look very happy in that photo I just posted, though.

He needed help. Anybody that needs help please needs to get help. I hate this.
right, but what did he need help about? maybe we shouldn't think about such things, but maybe it would be enlightening and we could learn something from it

VFN
Winter Calls Thy Name
A shame.

he's had some bad drug problems in the past though so it's not really hard to believe that he also had some depression. hasn't it always been known that his funny guy persona was likely covering up some serious personal issues?

To think he struggled with mental illness isnt a stretch. He was wired to the point at times there was no controlling him. His mind exploded with the best improvisation comedy, possibly ever, and when that slows in time like all things, maybe thats why he wasnt happy. Was it the rush? I dont know.

right, but what did he need help about? maybe we shouldn't think about such things, but maybe it would be enlightening and we could learn something from it
It's depression. I don't think it can be understood by people who've never experienced it. I certainly can't understand it. I never could.

It might have been depression on his part, but ultimately, I know this was the Sexy Curse. I was counting on someone else big dying this month because for the past several months, we have had weird deaths. Deadite, Meshach Taylor, the director of Mannequin, Philip Seymour Hoffman. The other day, the final girl from Texas Chainsaw Massacre croaked. I mean, this has just been really crazy. I'm really spooked.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
This is hitting me hard, you know? I've been a fan since...ever! I saw Mork and Mindy when it was a new show, and Robin Williams has been a constant favorite of mine.

My favorite films of his?

- Good Morning Vietnam
-The Fisher King
-Good Will Hunting
-Bicentennial Man
-Hook
-Jumanji

...plus any I'm forgetting. I thought he'd have a lot more years left. It's not fair.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Mindy McConnell: Why would you want to leave here? Are you unhappy? Is it something I've done?
Mork: Oh, no. It's something you have. Emotions.
Mindy McConnell: That doesn't make sense.
Mork: Oh, yes, it does. See, one day I'm going to have to leave the Earth, and it's going to hurt you very much. And I've only been here a few months, and look how you feel. Imagine what it would be like after ten years. The longer I stay, the harder it'll be for you.
Mindy McConnell: Well, what about you?
Mork: [he gives a fake little laugh and deepens his voice] Me? The cosmic Charles Bronson?

How very sad.

I was a teenager the first time I saw Robin Williams, he was a guest star on Happy Days as Mork. Latter I watched him every week on Mork and Mindy. He's humor was unlike anything I had ever seen.

But, I will always remember Robin Williams as the funny but tragically sad, Garp in
The World According to Garp.

How very sad.

I was a teenager the first time I saw Robin Williams, he was a guest star on Happy Days as Mork. Latter I watched him every week on Mork and Mindy. He's humor was unlike anything I had ever seen.

But, I will always remember Robin Williams as the funny but tragically sad, Garp in
The World According to Garp.

Ya damn right. Garp was my favorite movie of all time, and I know he is the largest part of that.