Hannibal

Tools    

Absolutely. I just usually end up watching it a few days after air and don't always remember to come back and say something.

In this case there was a local tragedy and a news special about it, so it aired at 3:00 AM. I'll probably see it this evening, though.

Absolutely. I just usually end up watching it a few days after air and don't always remember to come back and say something.

In this case there was a local tragedy and a news special about it, so it aired at 3:00 AM. I'll probably see it this evening, though.
It got veeeeery roller coaster like the past 2-3 episodes, but it gets all sorted last night. One of those surprise twists that was in our face the whole time.

Some bad news. Hannibal dropped 27% from its season 2 premiere episode. I doubt now theyll be bringing it back for a 3rd season.

I wouldn't be so sure--it dropped worse in season 1, and by the most superficial metrics shouldn't have even gotten a second. But it did, because of a few mitigating factors: first, it's partially financed overseas, which means it's a lot cheaper for NBC than it would otherwise be. Second, networks are increasingly looking at Live+3 and Live+7 numbers (IE: people who watch it on DVR), which help. And for another, it's not like the network's got lots of great options. Nor do networks expect big numbers on Friday.

Also, Fuller said in an interview that a second season was a foregone conclusion given the foreign involvement, strongly hinting that they had backup options if NBC passed.

I'd say it's about as likely as not to be renewed. Especially as critical opinion has caught up to this show's quality. And I figure each season it lasts makes it a little more likely to keep going, because it brings it another year closer to catching up to Harris' books, which would figure to get a bit more attention. Especially if they ever make it to The Silence of the Lambs.

Granted, a lot of that might be wishful thinking. But the considerations for this show are quite different than most. And NBC's relative struggles have led to them renewing lots of low-rated, critically-adored shows with fervent fan bases (like Community).

Have hope!

Exterminate all rational thought.
I'm fairly certain we will get a 3rd season. Ratings are slowly climbing each week. It's an amazing show. I am freaking obsessed with it. I don't miss an episode and I'm on my 3rd trip through session 1. Best thing I have ever seen on network television.

And I figure each season it lasts makes it a little more likely to keep going, because it brings it another year closer to catching up to Harris' books, which would figure to get a bit more attention. Especially if they ever make it to The Silence of the Lambs.
I read where they are getting resistance in being able to use characters from Lambs prematurely.

I know they had to eliminate the Barney character, the big back orderly who was the most hands-on with Lecter.

WARNING: "04/13/14 episode" spoilers below
The Clarice Starling character is up in the air still if they can use it. I noticed by Dr Chiltons death last episode theyre prepared to rewrite in new characters to escape future legal entanglements. Would not be surprised whatsoever if Gillian Andersons character ends up sticking. Itd be good for her career and the show.

Yeah, and he's talked a fair bit about his long-term plans. I hadn't heard of any rights issues. If anyone finds anything to that effect, please do share it.

Yeah, and he's talked a fair bit about his long-term plans. I hadn't heard of any rights issues. If anyone finds anything to that effect, please do share it.
Its from September 2013 ...

http://www.craveonline.com/tv/interv...tarling-barney

This season had some great episodes. I truly loved them. There were so many shocking scenes. One great addition they have had for the past two episodes is Jeremy Davies. I loved him as Dickie Bennett in season 2 of "Justified" and his character on "Hannibal" is just as great.

I hope the continue the "Hannibal" series. I will definitely be watching.

This series is challenging its own credibility with the latest arc. It's starting to go waaaaaaay out there.

I assume there's more to it than we know right now. Or at least, I hope so, because otherwise, yeah, too far afield for me. But I'm pretty confident that part of what we're seeing is a trick to gain Hannibal's trust.

Well Im convinced now because of how they tried to oversell it with the Wil & Freddie scene.

Unlike the Thrones thread I read all 3 of the Harris novels. They are paying homage to the books, and changing them at the same time. How Wil ever captures Hannibal is a HUGE departure from the novels. That's ok though as the end result usually's the same, and more importantly they do it well.

Finished here. It's been fun.
So happy it got renewed, NBC would have made the biggest mistake ever by cancelling this fantastic show.