Women will be your undoing, Pépé
Safety Last! (1923)
Directors: Fred C. Newmeyer, Sam Taylor (U.S) 1h14m
Nominated by: Allaby
Unsure if I've seen this one, I may have, but that's fine by me

Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)
Director: Steven Spielberg (U.S.) 1h 55m
Nominated by: Citizen Rules
Can't count the number of times I've seen this but it doesn't matter since I wanna see it again.

Magical Girl aka Magična devojka (2014)
Director: Carlos Vermut (Spain) 2h 7m
Nominated by: cricket
Not sure, but this looks like one of them Light-hearted, fluffy, life-affirming flicks. I could be wrong. . .
I'm pretty sure I'm wrong. But I am VERY intrigued.

Baby Face (1933)
Director: Alfred E. Green (U.S) 1h 11m
Nominated by: edarsenal
This one is mine with a twenty-something Barbara Stanwyck filmed on the border of the Hayes Code yanking all the fun outta flicks.

Apocalypse Now (1979)
*No Specific Edtion/Cut necessary - Viewer's Choice*
Director: Francis Ford Coppola (U.S) 2h 27m
Nominated by: jiraffejustin
As stated, it's Viewer's Choice so I'll probably be rolling dice and seeing what Edition I find and run with it.
I do know it's been a while since last seeing this so it'll be a great rewatch.

True Romance (1993)
Director: Tony Scott (U.S) 1h 59m
Nominated by: Miss Vicky
Romance?? ROMANCE?!
lol and surprise, surprise, a favorite film I'm frickin tickled to rewatch

Jaws (1975)
Director: Steven Spielberg (U.S) 2h 4m
Nominated by: PHOENIX74
Da DUM.
Da DUM Da DUM
Da DUM Da DUM da DUM da DUM

My Dog Skip (2000)
Director: Jay Russell (U.S.) 1h 35m
Nominated by: Siddon
This may end up being quite an endearing film experience. Nice.

Midnight Cowboy (1969)
Director: John Schlesinger (U.S.) 1h 53m
Nominated by: SpelingError
Silly @ss me, when Speling first nominated it I was thinking of a completely different flick. I did see this during a Personal Rec HoF and had a rough time with it since I had NO IDEA what to expect. I do imagine I'll be warming up to it on my revisit.

Witness for the Prosecution (1957)
Director: Billy Wilder (U.S.) 1h 56m
Nominated by: Takoma11
I've only seen this once, maybe twice and looking forward to a revisit.

Dolores Claiborne (1995)
Director Taylor Hackford (U.S.) 2h 12m
Nominated by Thief
One of the films that slipped past me when it came out so should be pretty cool to rectify that.

Cure (1997)
Director: Kiyoshi Kurosawa (Japan) 1h 51m
Nominated by: TheUsualSuspect
I am VERY curious about this. A Japanese crime investigation with an intriguing hook.

The Secret of Roan Inish (1994)
Director: John Sayles (Ireland) 1h 43m
Nominated by Torgo
Another that had slipped past me that I've wanted to rectify and now can.

L'amour braque aka Mad Love (1985)
Director: Andrzej Zulawski (France) 1h 41m
Nominated by: ueno_station54
Sophia Marceau is in this so I'm pretty game to check it out.

Safety Last! (1923)
This is a rewatch for me. I had mixed feelings about it the first time, so we'll see how this goes.

Another rewatch. I grew up with the Indy movies and like all of the original trilogy, but for whatever reason Raiders has always been my least favorite of the three. Temple of Doom will always have my heart.

I don't think I've ever even heard of this.

Baby Face (1933)
I don't generally do well with movies from this era and historically I've not enjoyed the majority of the edarsenal nominations I've watched, so I don't have high hopes. Perhaps this will be one of the few exceptions.

Apocalypse Now (1979)
I haven't seen this, but I generally dislike war movies and a certain water buffalo scene all but guarantees this a last place vote from me.

True Romance (1993)
Obviously I love this movie. I decided that I wanted to guarantee that I would have some fun in this HOF and for whatever reason that led me to consider nothing but 90's movies. It's been awhile since I've seen it so I'm looking forward to rewarding myself with a rewatch.

Jaws (1975)
I've seen this before and thought it was good but didn't love it. Maybe I'll like it more this time.

My Dog Skip (2000)
Haven't seen this before. A little googling mentions animal cruelty but a cursory reading of reviews doesn't say whether that cruelty is real or fake. Not looking forward to this.

Midnight Cowboy (1969)
I watched this once before - perhaps for the 60s countdown? - and thought it was good. I might've even voted for it. Definitely didn't love it though so we'll see how much I enjoy it this time.

Another film I've previously seen while preparing for a decades countdown. I recall liking it well enough. I think I voted for it as well. We'll see how the rewatch goes.

Dolores Claiborne (1995)
I don't think I've ever seen this. No idea what I'll think.

Cure (1997)
Another I don't think I've heard of.

Definitely haven't heard of this.

Also unfamiliar with this one.

Safety Last! (1923)
One of my all time favourites. Have it on dvd.

Great, classic adventure. I rewatched it on the big screen in 2020. I have the set on blu ray.

I don't think I have heard of this one either.

Baby Face (1933)
I may have seen it, but am not sure. Looks great though.

Apocalypse Now (1979)
An all time favourite. I have the special edition blu ray.

True Romance (1993)
Saw this last year for the first time. Great film.

Jaws (1975)
Fantastic, classic film. Own the blu ray.

My Dog Skip (2000)
I may have seen this, but not certain.

Midnight Cowboy (1969)
Excellentfilm, an all time favourite. Own the Criterion blu ray.

Love this one. Own the dvd.

Dolores Claiborne (1995)
Excellent film. Own the dvd.

Cure (1997)
Not familiar with this one.

Heard of it, may have seen it, not sure.

Unfamiliar with this one. Looks like it might be interesting.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
My Dog Skip (2000)
Haven't seen this before. A little googling mentions animal cruelty but a cursory reading of reviews doesn't say whether that cruelty is real or fake. Not looking forward to this.
Didn't see anything about that when I first looked it up, perhaps @Siddon can fill us in on that.

The trick is not minding
I may join this, as I’ve seen 5 of the films already and can write a review for 4 of them easily, since I’ve seen them multiple times. I also own Safety Last, which came included in the Harold Lloyd Boxset I purchased.

I’ll get back to this after I think it over.

Safety Last: i've seen one Harold Lloyd film and i liked it a good bit but i know this is supposed to be his banger. wouldn't be shocked if this tops my ballot

Raiders of the Lost Arc: don't think i've seen this since i was probably like 8-9. obviously know all the famous moments. probably fun???

Magical Girl: probably the most "could go either way" film on the list. no idea what to expect.

Baby Face: this looks girlboss af hell ye

Apocalypse Now: i think i last saw this when i was in the 8th grade. remember nothing. probably cool??

True Romance: same as above but probably bad.

Jaws: the only time i saw this was in class once. probably wasn't paying attention. i'm sure i know all the famous bits.

My Dog Skip: the heat i'm gonna get when i end up putting this like middle of the pack above some of the heavy hitters lmao.

Midnight Cowboy: doesn't necessarily look like my kind of thing but a friend reviewed it on letterboxd and said one thing that has me interested.

Witness for the Prosecution: this does not look like my jam.

Dolores Claiborne: this does not look like my jam.

Cure: it's been a minute since i've seen this. really liked it at the time but its not typically the kind of thing i go for so i am a bit worried about how it holds up.

The Secret of Roan Inish: this looks like it goes hard ngl. hype

L'amour braque: so this was my original pick that couldn't be found anywhere until Citizen managed to track it down for me like a real sweetie I saw this like two weeks ago on Mubi and it was the first movie i'd seen in a minute where i thought "wow i want to watch that again like right now" and so it snuck to the top of my list of things to nominate.

Safety Last!: One of my favorite silent films. More than happy to revisit it.

Raiders of the Lost Ark: Seen it a bunch of times, and it's pretty great.

Magical Girl: Haven't heard of this one.
Baby Face: Haven't heard of this one.

Apocalypse Now: I don't think I've ever seen the theatrical cut of this one. I'm going to watch that version.

True Romance: Heard of it, but I haven't seen it.

Jaws: Probably my favorite Spielberg film.

My Dog Skip: Heard of it, but I haven't seen it. I don't even know anything about it.

Midnight Cowboy: My nomination. This was one of my favorite first-time watches of last year, so I'm excited to revisit it for this thread. I'm curious how you'll all respond to it.

Witness for the Prosecution: An excellent courtroom drama. Once I get to it, I might even show it to my roommate to see how he responds to it.

Dolores Claiborne: Heard of it, but I haven't seen it.

Cure: I almost watched it last year, but never got around to it.

The Secret of Roan Inish: My mom has watched this one a bunch of times. I've only seen bits and pieces of it, so I'm happy to finally watch it from beginning to end.

L'amour Braque: I hadn't heard of this one until ueno introduced me to it a few days ago. I've been meaning to check out more Zulawski for a while, so I'm happy to check it out.

And now I'm going to finish this entire thread right now.

Safety Last!: It's good.
Raiders of the Lost Ark: It's good.
Magical Girl: It's good.
Baby Face: It's good.
Apocalypse Now: It's good.
True Romance: It's good.
Jaws: It's good.
My Dog Skip: It's good.
Midnight Cowboy: It's good.
Witness for the Prosecution: It's good.
Dolores Claiborne: It's good.
Cure: It's good.
The Secret of Roan Inish: It's good.
L'amour Braque: It's good.

Well, I guess it's time to submit my ballot

been v slowly going through Zulawski's catalogue. my current fave

I've liked everything I've seen (which is most of them), except for Cosmos. But even that was unique enough to make it worthwhile.

I've liked everything I've seen (which is most of them), except for Cosmos. But even that was unique enough to make it worthwhile.
i'm so hype for that one lol. his last movie, terrible reviews, its gotta be some wacky sh*t.