MISCELLANEOUS

Tools    

Have completely run out of shelving for my dvd collection. Came across these on Amazon & two of them arrived today. Rather good. Each one holds 40 DVDs.

Interesting... all my movies are in storage, but in boxes, and over time I forget what's packed where. So the idea that you can see all the titles is a good one. Might be something for me to look into!

Interesting... all my movies are in storage, but in boxes, and over time I forget what's packed where. So the idea that you can see all the titles is a good one. Might be something for me to look into!
I didn’t know these things existed until I spotted them on Amazon. Very sturdy & they look very attractive filled with DVDs. No need to shove them in the back of a closet. And, as you say, one can see what’s inside each bag. Definitely will buy more as the need arises.

Very toasty here in Connecticut.
It's hotter here, ugh! I live in western Washington state where it usually would be in the 70s at this time of the year. We're noted for having a cooler coastal environment. It's been over a 100 here in the last couple days!!! We don't have AC in the house, and my vehicle's AC doesn't work. The other night when I went to bed it was 90 degree in the house and 80% humanity

It's hotter here, ugh! I live in western Washington state where it usually would be in the 70s at this time of the year. We're noted for having a cooler coastal environment. It's been over a 100 here in the last couple days!!! We don't have AC in the house, and my vehicle's AC doesn't work. The other night when I went to bed it was 90 degree in the house and 80% humanity
Article in the NY Times about this. Turns out you Seattle-area folks think AC is for wimps. But, now suddenly, you all need it.

We have a single AC in the main bedroom. When I come out of the bedroom & stand at the top of the stairs, the rising heat from downstairs almost knocks one down. My downstairs thermometer will register 90 degrees later, for sure.

Article in the NY Times about this. Turns out you Seattle-area folks think AC is for wimps. But, now suddenly, you all need it.
Nah, not true that would be a case of news media hyperbola, I.E. creative writing. If anything people here are 'babies' about high heat, I know I am!

Most new homes here have AC, but in the past they didn't because a normal summer high was in the 80s and then only in latter July and August, so AC wasn't needed back before the 'warming' started.

We have a single AC in the main bedroom. When I come out of the bedroom & stand at the top of the stairs, the rising heat from downstairs almost knocks one down. My downstairs thermometer will register 90 degrees later, for sure.
Get yourself some window box fans, set them in the open upstairs windows and have them blow out of the house. That way the warm air which rises will be expelled. I use 4 window fans two at one end of a single story house set to blow in, and the other two set to blow out at the other end. If the outside temp is much cooler than the inside I can drop the house temp by 10 degrees fairly quickly, even more depending on how the temperature variants are.

Get yourself some window box fans, set them in the open upstairs windows and have them blow out of the house. That way the warm air which rises will be expelled. I use 4 window fans two at one end of a single story house set to blow in, and the other two set to blow out at the other end. If the outside temp is much cooler than the inside I can drop the house temp by 10 degrees fairly quickly, even more depending on how the temperature variants are.
Can’t do this. All our windows are screened.

So are ours. The box fan sets just on the edge of the window, up against the screen.
We don’t have windowsills.

Exercise has been challenging.

Some respite coming along tomorrow for the rest of the week.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

Exercise has been challenging.

Some respite coming along tomorrow for the rest of the week.

We've been having similar weather. I changed my exercises to shorter workouts, but more times during the day, so I'm still exercising the same amount of time over the course of the day, but it's easier to finish the workout without feeling like I'm going to pass out from the heat.

We've been having similar weather. I changed my exercises to shorter workouts, but more times during the day, so I'm still exercising the same amount of time over the course of the day, but it's easier to finish the workout without feeling like I'm going to pass out from the heat.
Yesterday was brutal. Sounds smart what you do. A friend & neighbor does mini-walks several times a day. Today is much cooler with a lot of rain, which started yesterday.

That's stupidly hot, Stirch. You do have my sympathy.
Of course now it’s the holiday weekend the weather has gone **** up.

I only heard about this on the radio today... (it was obviously a commercial intended to air before July 4, 2021).
I got a kick out of it anyway... Bill Pullman reprises his former role as the President of the U.S.A.

Any MOFOs also AMC Apes?

Got a few hundred shares at $9 average - Main thing for me is I do not want the theater experience to die. How is AMC or other chains doing in different areas/ Looking pretty strong here in Pensacola. Really tough to beat the IMAX experience.