Which sequel trilogy Star Wars movie is the best one?

Tools    

Episode VII-IX - Does any of the stars shine?
60.00%
3 votes
Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens
40.00%
2 votes
Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi
0%
0 votes
Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise Of Skywalker
5 votes. You may not vote on this poll

The truth is in here
The Disney era of Luminous Spheroid Of Plasma Armed Conflict movies has been very controversial. Depending on who you ask, they'll either think it's the good ol' Star Wars as they know it or cheap pandering audience manipulative garbage. Wherever you stand, which one do you think is the best?

While I do gradually think it gets a little bit worse with each entry, I still like all three movies. Even with their many flaws, they never bore me to death like the first two prequel films, and contain the sense of fun and excitement I'm looking for from these movies. Plus when they want to convey the seriousness in a situation they succeed... mostly.
I'll admit, the main problem I have is that sometimes it gets a little too goofy. I noticed there was more of a comedic tone with The Force Awakens. And it wasn't just comedic, it was the Disney kind of comedic, like when Rey tells a stormtrooper to drop his weapon and he just goes "Aaaand... I drop my weapon." Now, the interesting part here is not the line itself, but how he says it. In A New Hope when Obi-Wan used mind manipulation, the stormtrooper just responded completely neutrally, with no emotion in his voice whatsoever. While here, the drawn out "Aaaaand" is clearly there for comedic purposes. It doesn't really sound like he's being hypnotised at all. I always found that part jarring.
The Last Jedi also had quite a few weird comic bits, like any scene with General Hux where he just acts like an absolute moron, or even scenes where Kylo Ren acts a bit stupid.

There are certainly still some highlights though. Han Solo, C-3PO and yes, Luke Skywalker as well manage to get the most genuine laughs from me.

In The Rise Of Skywalker there was also some weird inconsistent writing rooted in sudden script changes. For example Palpatine just revealing he created Snoke himself, which doesn't really make any sense. Why would he create such an easily defeatable clone? It seriously takes Kylo one blow and he's dead, while with Palpatine there clearly was more of a hard struggle when Luke fought him in Return Of The Jedi.
The Finn and Rose romance is also completely nonexistent, even though it was made out to be a big deal in The Last Jedi.
Hux also turns out to be a spy for no reason.
But hey, at least they didn't bring back Captain Phasma again.

In terms of quality, The Force Awakens is my favorite of the three. I don't care that it doesn't have the most original story as long as it's helluva entertaining to watch, and it is. There's also a benefit to it having the simplest story to follow, being that it doesn't contain too many irrelevant or rushly handled plotpoints (although I don't hate the Canto Bay plot as much as most people, it easily could have been trimmed down). In terms of the humor, I used to think it was more blatant than The Last Jedi, but in retrospect it's kinda the opposite. Even when it doesn't really work, it's not so bad it makes me roll my eyes. Having Han Solo in it alone is enough to give me several hearty chuckles. It's also the only one in the franchise where Finn feels genuinely interesting, like he's actually a character who came from a dark place and wants to atone for all the horrible things he's done. They kinda forgot that rather crucial part about him in the later entries.

What are your thoughts though? Maybe you feel the other way around, that it gets better with each number. Nevertheless, please don't kill each other..

The truth is in here
I can see how The Last Jedi would be somebody's favorite. In fact, before I started thinking about all the flaws, The Last Jedi was my favorite for a few days too. If you want something more than a nostalgia-oriented adventure, that's exactly what it offers. For better or worse, it's by far the most interesting one to discuss. Unfortunately it's also the most annoying to talk about. I've never seen Star Wars fans be more hostile towards others than with this movie. Every time someone has come to its defense, that person gets called a blind piece of s'hit with no taste. I wish fans could debate all the themes much more intelligently instead of resorting to pure mudslinging. Opinions on all the movies are always gonna be varied.

The best thing about The Last Jedi are the scenes between Luke and Rey. Unpredictably Luke acts cold and distant instead of helpful and eager to teach her all about the force, but that's a pretty unique direction to go in. Luke has seen a lot of s'hit in his days, and it makes sense he would be scarred from not only the horrors he's experienced, but also from the fact that no matter how hard he tried, the Sith didn't end. The fact that he has to be consulted at all is bad enough.
It's also Mark Hamill's best peformance as the character. With every movie he just kept getting better and better, and here he really brings out his A-game in selling you on Luke as a bitter and wounded old man. The fact that Hamill didn't quite approve of the script's portrayal of Luke and yet was so incredible proves how terrific he is as an actor.