DNA Films Reviewing DREDD DVD/BluRay Sales

Tools    

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I really hope they make a sequel to Dredd, its a great action film.

I know it didnt do that great in the cinema but I think it was being 3D hurt the film tbh. I have seen it many times and its awesome, if you like action films you will LOVE this.

http://dredd2.co.uk/blog/dna-reviewi...b_source=pubv1

I've heard there will be a sequel... but not in the way we know it.

They've already sold off the props from the film to make up for the loss they suffered... but with DVD sales being so high and the reception so good, they're making a comic book sequel. Literally a comic that follows the film.

Sad news really, I love this film.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
That is bad news indeed, I thought Karl Urban was awesome as Dredd and Olivia Thirlby as Judge Anderson with her Psychic power was great. Lena Heady as Mom was such a badass villain, I really hope there is a decent sequel. But as you said most of the things have been sold off, it doesnt look good. But with a comicbook sequel if its done well, I will watch it

but I think it was being 3D hurt the film tbh.
And the fact they only released the 3D version of the film in nearly every cinema didn't help, here in the UK anyway. I missed it at the cinema for this reason and had to wait for the blu-ray.

I really hope there is a sequel one day because I enjoyed the first film.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
And the fact they only released the 3D version of the film in nearly every cinema didn't help, here in the UK anyway. I missed it at the cinema for this reason and had to wait for the blu-ray.

I really hope there is a sequel one day because I enjoyed the first film.
I didnt see it in the cinema either, waited untill it come out on dvd. Im not a big fan of 3D, the 3D glasses are annoying as I have to wear glasses and they dont sit well together.

3D is so stupid. Would definitely like to see another one or two of these. Yes indeed. I've already seen this new Dredd three times. Its really good.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
3D is so stupid. Would definitely like to see another one or two of these. Yes indeed. I've already seen this new Dredd three times. Its really good.
A trilogy would be phenomenal if done correctly, in the same style as Dredd. I have liked the FB page who are trying to get a sequel to Dredd and they upload pics of the dvd/bluray charts in UK/US and the film is flying up the charts

I missed it at the cinema...I really hope there is a sequel one day because I enjoyed the first film.
I didnt see it in the cinema either, waited untill it come out on dvd.
Alas this is the reason there won't be a sequel...hear these kinds of comments from too many people.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Alas this is the reason there won't be a sequel...hear these kinds of comments from too many people.
Too true, gutted I missed it in the cinema But we can live in hope

I really hope they make a sequel to Dredd, its a great action film.

I know it didnt do that great in the cinema but I think it was being 3D hurt the film tbh. I have seen it many times and its awesome, if you like action films you will LOVE this.

http://dredd2.co.uk/blog/dna-reviewi...b_source=pubv1
I thought it was one of the stupidest things I've seen in a long time. I only made it about 10 minutes into the movie before I turned it off, pretty rare for me but it was written with the intelligence of a 5th grader

A system of cells interlinked
Wrong!

It was gritty, old fashioned storytelling. Sorry you didn't like the writing, but when you popped the disc in for a post-apocalyptic B-movie, just exactly what did you think you were getting? You DID know it was a post-apocalyptic B-movie, didn't you?

I mean, even 5th graders know that.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I thought it was one of the stupidest things I've seen in a long time. I only made it about 10 minutes into the movie before I turned it off, pretty rare for me but it was written with the intelligence of a 5th grader
Damn, only thing I can say is maybe go back and rewatch it, it is definitely worth another go!

Wrong!

It was gritty, old fashioned storytelling. Sorry you didn't like the writing, but when you popped the disc in for a post-apocalyptic B-movie, just exactly what did you think you were getting? You DID know it was a post-apocalyptic B-movie, didn't you?

I mean, even 5th graders know that.
There were many things wrong with what I saw.
I will just point out one of them...

Dredd on a motorcycle chasing guys shooting at him with semi automatics... okay in real life he would be dead at this close of range. But lets just let that slide for a second.. it's only after the van hits a pedestrian that he suddenly gets serious and makes the van flip over..

Apparently he was LETTING them shoot semiautomatics at him the entire time? What kind of sense does any of this make.. and I challenge you to go out and shoot something like an AK-47, see how ridiculous missing at close range really is. especially a guy just sitting out there on a bike coming toward you in a straight line

That was it? That was why you turned it off? Because Dredd was riding a bike getting shot at and didn't flinch or get hit?

It was in keeping to elements of the comic. Dredd is a guy who comes under fire on a daily basis, the mere fact that they are shooting at him is a normal day in the life of Judge Dredd.
He wouldn't go all guns blazing simply for something like that, because in his world, it's the norm.
It's when they hit an innocent bystander that he says he's "taking them down" as they have now taken a life.

When he corners the guy in the restaurant he reads him his rights and then rattles off a bunch of crimes for which he's guilty of. So he did take note of all their crimes during the chase.

I'm amused when people don't like such films because of such things, because something is unrealistic.

Last time I looked, it wasn't a documentary on how guns work, their ranges and so on...

The amount of films with gun action in, a lot of it is unrealistic(even in 'realistic serious' films). Might as well stop watching any films with gun action in if that's how you feel.

What else didn't you like in the 10 minutes you saw of the film?

That was it? That was why you turned it off? Because Dredd was riding a bike getting shot at and didn't flinch or get hit?
that wasn't it.. as I said in the first two lines, there were a number of things and I was just pointing out one of them..

I'm amused when people don't like such films because of such things, because something is unrealistic.

Last time I looked, it wasn't a documentary on how guns work, their ranges and so on...

The amount of films with gun action in, a lot of it is unrealistic(even in 'realistic serious' films). Might as well stop watching any films with gun action in if that's how you feel.

What else didn't you like in the 10 minutes you saw of the film?
Not all gun action is realistic, I agree.. incredibly stupid in taken where liam dodges bullets behind a fabric couch.. but it's a pet peeve of mine for semi autos to miss at close range. Especially in a hallway! (underworld, I'm looking at you). At least they put it in the beginning and gave me a heads up.

It's more than just the gun aim. It's the fact that he could have flipped the van at any time, but wildly shooting at an officer and into pedestrian traffic somehow wasn't enough for him to bother attacking back. who knows how many innocent bystanders got hit off camera? Being cool under fire is one thing, but he's not a god. he still needs to take cover or fire back. It doesn't matter how baddass he is supposed to be, that is textbook definition of being a sitting duck!! sitting duck should be toast, otherwise you have deflated all sense of danger for me in the film and it's boring and pointless for me to watch

Okay another thing I didn't like.. after the van flips and the dude runs away, he shoots a couple people at a mall or something. dredd calls an ambulance for the guy that was shot but he never called an ambulance for the guy that was hit by the car earlier.. lol like he just let the other guy bleed to death.

I remember there being at least two other things, but I didn't write them down and can't remember off the top of my head haha.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/

I loved the bike/chase scene.

From what I have heard in the comics the bikes are used allot more around the cities and if theres a sequel im hoping they will be used more.