The Muppets (2011)

Tools    

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Movie Information

The Muppets

Directed by: James Bobin

Cast: Jason Segal, Zach Galifianakis, Amy Adams

Synopsis: Kermit and the gang put on a show to save the old theatre.

Pictures from the set, via /Film, are available here and here.

I can't tell you how much I want this to be just as good as The Muppet Movie. I guess we'll find out next December.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

That actually sounds pretty good and exciting. I love The Muppets and I can't wait to see an old style Muppet movie in theatres again -- last one I saw was Muppets from Space. Muppet Treasure Island and Muppet Christmas Carol did nothing for me -- they weren't actually playing the Muppets.

Lady Gaga has a cameo. Of course. This will either be eternally hilariously campy or eternally bad and annoying. Miss Piggy better be in the scene.

Never saw Muppet Treasure Island or Muppet Christmas Carol, but I vaguely recall having Muppets from Space on the TV, when I worked at the video store.

Jason Segal seems to be really spearheading this to be as good as (or better) than The Muppet Movie, I really hope it pays off. The amount of cameos in this, makes it sound even more worthwhile, however, I'm with you SC. This will either be really good, or terribly cheesy.

It really needs to be on par with these:
ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LWzK2Sy_zk

And of course...

Jason Segal seems to be really spearheading this to be as good as (or better) than The Muppet Movie, I really hope it pays off. The amount of cameos in this, makes it sound even more worthwhile, however, I'm with you SC. This will either be really good, or terribly cheesy.
I don't think it will be better than The Muppet Movie. This new Muppet movie has "kid turned into an adult filmmaker making a love letter to his favorite childhood series" written all over it, starting with the new Muppet character, Walter, who is a twenty something that wants to meet The Muppets. Then he wants to meet The Muppets because he's a Muppet and I guess there aren't many Muppets around -- sounds like an idea that is very current and with the times.

I hope the movie doesn't focus too much on this Walter muppet... I mean, little kids are not gonna get or care too much about the obvious reference to adults who are still thinking fondly about their childhood movie loves. That's what this Walter character looks like to me. It may all sound like a good idea, but forty years down the road, this will not be classic. Walter is already holding an iPhone in his hand, which makes me think they're gonna do the cliche of showing off all the latest technology -- stuff that will no doubt date the movie years to come, and if they go overkill, it will blow this big chance to create a remarkable Muppet film.

And of course there's Lady Gaga -- who's actually not a bad idea, since I like the inclusion of celebrity cameos. But it is Lady Gaga and I worry about what she might try to do -- strut her around in a bizarre outfit for a few seconds, fine. If she borrows Rowlf's piano and sings for five minutes, I'm gonna scream!

Semper Fooey
Treasure was my favorite because of the insane Tim Curry, the perfect live actor for a Muppet movie.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I wounder if the Muppest are going to be CGI? Like that new Yogi Bear film.

Hadn't heard about this. I'd be pretty shocked if this ends up being as good as The Muppet Movie, which has to be in the top few kids movies ever made, but even if it's only as good as Sarah Marshall (or The Great Muppet Caper) It'll be just fine.

If they were to ever do that with any of the established characters, I would not be happy.

I grew up watching The Muppet Show, great TV. A modern version should definitely be considered by the networks.

If they were to ever do that with any of the established characters, I would not be happy.

I grew up watching The Muppet Show, great TV. A modern version should definitely be considered by the networks.
They tried doing that with Muppets Tonight from 1996-1998, with only 22 episodes produced between ABC and the Disney Channel. I liked it, and it introduced Pepe the Prawn, but it didn't seem to really catch on.

They tried doing that with Muppets Tonight from 1996-1998, with only 22 episodes produced between ABC and the Disney Channel. I liked it, and it introduced Pepe the Prawn, but it didn't seem to really catch on.
Why did I never hear or see this on television? Thanks for that tip, by the way.

pleasedon'tsuck pleasedon'tsuck pleasedon'tsuck

The trailers out but you'll enjoy it more if you don't watch it but instead wait till you see it by accident. You'll understand.

The trailer didn't look great, but then again it was just a teaser.