Deadpool gets his chance

Tools    

Keep on Rockin in the Free World

Semper Fooey
I'm not a Deadpool fan. I'll skip that one.

I'm in for Deadman.

Guillermo del Toro producing Deadman adaptation

Warner Brothers is moving forward on bringing DC Comics' supernatural superhero Deadman to the screen, according to Variety. Guillermo del Toro, who had originally been tapped to direct in 2006, will instead act as producer. Danish filmmaker Nikolaj Arcel, who made the thriller King's Game and the dark fantasy Island of Lost Souls, will direct.
The character Deadman was created by comic book legends Arnold Drake and Carmine Infantino. Deadman is Boston Brand, a circus acrobat who is murdered and who in the afterlife is granted, by the goddess Rama Kushna, the ability to endure as a ghost who can control the bodies of the living in order to avenge his own death and further cause of justice.
Though Infantino was the original artist on Deadman's adventures, the character gained wider appeal and cult status through the art of Neal Adams.
Angry Films' Don Murphy, who produced the Transformers films, and Susan Montford, who produced Shoot 'Em Up, will produce with del Toro

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
'Deadpool' must be R-rated, says Ryan Reynolds

Ryan Reynolds has said that the Deadpool solo film will have "no connection" to X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

The Gavin Hood-helmed prequel introduced Reynolds as the wise-cracking mercenary, but the actor recently told IGN that the new project will be tonally different to its predecessor.
"The script is, I think, fantastic. It's been developed further in the last three months or so," he said.

"The film has to be rated R and has to be done a certain way and it has to be through all these things, and I'm sure it can be a little bit worrisome for the guy who's cutting the cheques for it. If it's going to be done, it has to be done right."

Asked whether he will be reprising his role as the eponymous hero in Green Lantern in the future, Reynolds admitted to being in the dark on the prospect of a sequel to the Warner Bros blockbuster.

"I have no idea. You know, I have no idea. Those movies have huge scale budgets and those sorts of things. Personally, working in the budget world of that kind of level is not as much fun, because there's so much investment in the outcome," he added.

Deadpool, directed by Tim Miller, is scheduled for a tentative 2014 release.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/n...-reynolds.html