The Three Stooges

Tools    

Semper Fooey
I'm glad it's dead. They wer going to add dirty words and dirty topical jokes. When did the Stooges do topical jokes? They weren't Bob Hope.

Semper Fooey
I don't care what they announce. I'll give you odds it won't be made, certainly not in March when all the previous actors are no longer attached to the project. They want three well known actors in the parts (a mistake) and you can't cast them that quickly when they all will want script approval. I notice the announcement apparently has them going back to the original script with three separate stories. I doubt Fox will go along with that. It would make more sense to go with lesser known actors, but this is not a movie I plan to see.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I'm with Will. I was somewhat hopeful for this film, when it was first announced. However, given its current track record, I think that the whole thing should be scrapped.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Is Iggy Pop going to be in this?

del Torro as Moe will be great.

Cast Update

Will Sasso as Curly

and Sean Hayes as Larry

didn't even know he was still in the biz. seems completely random. if this doesn't change I hope he can do his voice.

I know most of us aren't enthused about this project anymore but i thought I'd post this anyways...

The Farrelly brothers are reportedly gunning for a mid-April start for the project, which would mean that a casting decision on the pivotal role of Moe may be close at hand.
Source

Semper Fooey
With that cast nobody is going to care. This has stinkeroo written all over it.

i am such as skeptic when it comes to classics especially those that have contributed a great deal in shaping the movie industry. Three Stooges is one of them so I will still go and watch this movie.

Benecio is a good choice... I can see Penn might work.

Any news on who's directing?

Semper Fooey
Those actors are no longer involved and they are apparently recasting from the B list. The Farrelly Brothers will direct who in much better times did There is Something About Mary. They seem to be out of gas as filmmakers.

I heard Del Toro as Moe, which I don't see working. Penn as Larry, which is possible, and Carrey as Curly, the only way this would work is if he puts on a lot of pounds.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I just hope it stays true to the sense of humor of the originals. I don't want to see a ton of d*ck and fart jokes, and I don't think anyone else does either. I'm waiting for the trailer. If anyone gets kicked in the gonads, I'm so not seeing it.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Semper Fooey
That's exactly what they are going to do, they have said as much.

Semper Fooey
Larry David Joining The Three Stooges

Source: Deadline
May 2, 2011

Deadline has confirmed a recent rumor that Peter and Bobby Farrelly are making a deal with Larry David to play Mother Mengele in The Three Stooges.

Mengele is "the unfortunate nun who runs the orphanage where the Stooges grow up and learn to create mayhem."

David is joining JaneLynch, who plays Mother Superior, Chris Diamantopoulos, who's taking on the role of Moe, Will Sasso, who will play Curly, and Sean Hayes in the role of Larry.

Production on the 20thCenturyFox release starts this month.

From an all star cast playing the Stooges we now have...who are these guys???