TV Shows That Should Never Have Been Canceled!

Tools    

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Im writing this with annoyance and fury, everyone has thier favorite TV shows and series that they watch and im sure you've got ones that you think "What the hell is this still doing on the air?"

Well im really pi$$ed, Ive recently bought the two series boxset of Dead Like Me and ive gone completly mad for the show! I think it is a awesome and very funny program that IMO should never of got cancelled. I have no idea why TV executives get the need to cancel great show's and in thier place what do we get thousands of? Reality TV which blows! Everyone who has had a one hit wonder or sold drugs to dogs get thier own show on TV these days Im just sick and tired of it.

So here are a few series that have been taken away from the sane viewing public:

Dead Like Me
Pushing Daisies
Deadwood
Futurama (Came back then cancelled again)
Drawn Together
Lisa Williams: Life Among The Dead
Surviourman
Spaced

Im just asking for the decent shows to stay on and the rubbish shows eg whatever the hell is on MTV! to be cancelled.

What are your thought's on this dreadful topic.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I know there are other topics like this but im just trying to show how bad I feel about Dead Like Me and other great shows that have been cancelled. Lock this thread if you want but I had to have my say

There's a Dead Like Me movie out on DVD now FYI. No Rube, (Mandy Patankin) but the rest of the cast is intact. I'm probably going to enjoy it muchly.

There's been far to many great shows that have been canceled too early but two of my favorites were Firefly and Dark Angel.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Im maga hyped for the release of the Dead Like Me movie I cant wait to see it but there isnt a date for the UK release yet which is annoying. No Robe that is a bummer but im loving the overall story what ive read so far about it.

Firefly is another show that shouldnt of been cancelled.

Arrested Development, Freaks and Geeks.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

I think the one show they should definitely bring back... (or atleast never have cancelled it) was the cartoon Gargoyles

you know the one

I'm in the process of watching the series again, and it is just as good as i remember it. probably more so because i can appreciate it better. throughout the narrative they mix in Macbeth aswell as other classic stories. This show, although sorta meant for younglings, has adult tones and themes that makes it enjoyable for all ages.
plus Goliath, the main protagonist was voiced by non-other than Keith David! oh! it was also made be the people who made Batman: the Animated Series

(they shouldn't have ended that show either :P )

edit* Oh I am an idiot, how could I possibly even remotely forget about the show FireFly by Joss Whedon. What an amazing show and just furthers my hatred for FOX for canceling this show!

Celluloid Temptation Facilitator
I certainly agree about these shows:

Dead Like Me
Pushing Daisies
Firefly
Dark Angel

I'd add the following in.

Jericho
Earth 2
First Wave
John Doe
Pretender

There are a lot more but they are all slipping my mind. I'm a bit out of it atm.

my own worst enemy
alias
futurama
king of the hill

If they hadn't canceled this one . . .

The second season wouldn't have had a rush job put on it. Which made it nowhere near as good as the first season. Which was one great show.

Profit.

This was on some network tv channel when i was in middle school and i watched every episode. it was about this corporate ******* who had a weird kinky relationship with his step-mom(?) and always slept naked in a cardboard box that he kept in a hidden room of his apartment. he spent all his time scheming how to be a mega-jerk to his coworkers, like making them lose their jobs, sewin' dissension, hatred, distrust, driving people insane, pointlessly vindictive manipulations/machinations and so on etc.

of course if i saw it now i'd probably see it for the terrible show that i'm sure it was but at the time i thought it was pretty cool.

The premise sounds like something right out of HBO's lineup linespalsy, I'd like to see that show, never heard of it before.

Also, I've asked this before, but was I the only one fortunate enough to catch the ten or so episodes of Action starring Jay Mohr? He played a producer who's last movie was a major flop and he was trying to resurrect his career with a new film called "Hollywood Gun Club". I lent the series on DVD to my brother but of course the a$$hole lost it.

The premise sounds like something right out of HBO's lineup linespalsy, I'd like to see that show, never heard of it before.

Also, I've asked this before, but was I the only one fortunate enough to catch the ten or so episodes of Action starring Jay Mohr? He played a producer who's last movie was a major flop and he was trying to resurrect his career with a new film called "Hollywood Gun Club". I lent the series on DVD to my brother but of course the a$$hole lost it.
Hmm, according to wikipedia the show was released on dvd, but it originally aired on fox in the mid-90s so it's probably pretty tame by today's standards. I'm surprised to find by the summary/character descriptions given on that page that my description of the series appears to be pretty accurate. Not bad.

Action sounds good.

Firefly
Titus
Spaced
even though it lasted a decent while I wouldn't have hated one more year of Angel

You want to post like me?
Whose Line is it Anyway! . Every time I'm down I log on to youtube and watch those clips. I haven't experienced an episode where I haven't laughed yet.

Don't torture yourself, Gomez. That's my job.
I know two of Bryan Fuller's Series have already been mentioned (Dead Like Me and Pushing Daisies) but what about my first Fuller Fav Wonderfalls! It got cut after only 5 eps or something. I'm currently watching the US dvd release of all 13 eps (had to change my computer to play region 1 to watch it!).

Oh and another favourite which I was sad to see go, but it did go a bit preachy in the last few episodes, was Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip. Oh Matt and Danny and Harriett, oh how I miss you all and your religious/political jokes *sigh*.