The Expendables (2010)

Tools    

So they'll probably release the PG-13 cut and make the other available on dvd. Ker-ching!!!

Personally, I'd like to see them release both cuts (if they really want a PG-13, which they obviously do) then everyone can get what they want.

Thanks for the answer jrs.

Surely they realise the brutality of Rambo was part key to it's success
But this isn't Rambo, it's The Dirty Dozen. Anyway, with Rambo 5 being greenlit, that's dealt with already.

Went over to IMDB and saw this in the FAQ.

Will this be R or PG-13?
Producer Avi Lerner has reported that the film will be cut down to two versions, a PG-13-rating edit and an R-rated version, both of which will be screen tested to see which one will be officially released. Lerner is considering cutting down the violence because of the success of recent PG-13 action films.

which is what jrs said, though it does add why Lerner is looking at a PG-13 cut. The funny thing is, I'm not even that bothered by this film anyway. It's always sounded like a fanboy teen wank to me and a film I'll only see if they, somehow, manage to do a good job and make a good/really fun film. Which I've doubted from the start.

I hope they release it as R Rated. I want this film to be raw, uncensored, action-packed. You've got some of the world's greatest action stars all in one movie. This should be a no-holds-barred event, and not some paddycake stuff.

It was alright....kinda cool to see all them together. I wonder what's different between that promo/marketing trailer for The Expendables and one they would call a theatrical trailer. Probably not much. Just the rating band and the trailer credits is missing to actually make this the theatrical trailer. I'm just bein picky.

great cast
but unfortunately if the script is not well written the movie would be another average action movie
lets hope and see

Stallone, Schwarzenegger and Willis finally shoot their Expendables scene

Earlier this year Bruce Willis said in an interview that he would soon be joining Sylvester Stallone and Arnold Schwarzenegger to shoot a very special scene for The Expendables. Now according to Ethelmae’s Blog the scene was shot last weekend and having witnessed this historic movie event she described what went down on the set:

After Arnold, Bruce and Sly went through the scene a couple of times they all 3 headed off to wardrobe and make-up. at 8:10am with three cameras rolling the biggest action icons of our time went to work. I thought it was electric in Brazil when all of The Expendables stepped on set – but today was atomic!!!! the whole crew was mesmerized as we watched the three of them play off of each other in a pivotal scene that sets up the whole movie. And while I can’t/don’t want to give too much away I can tell you that Arnold’s character is Trench and Bruce is Church, the scene was shot in an empty church without extras and minimal set dec and it has tension and humor – what more can a girl ask for! Sly was in top form as a director today and was in total command. Bruce and Arnold were consummate professionals at all times – we got through the scene quickly without compromise. In 6 hours we did wide shots, close-ups, turned around…the whole nine yards…pretty impressive. Very Clint Eastwood.
It was probably too much to ask for all three to appear in a big movie together, however an ‘electric’ scene will be good enough. We have around 6 months to wait before Lionsgate unleash The Expendables, but in the meantime you can watch the promo trailer below...

&feature=player_embedded

Source: Filmonic

The Expendables: Willis & Schwarzenegger Character Info

The first trailer for The Expendables made its way online the other week although it was unofficial, unfinished and quickly removed everywhere at the request of Lionsgate. (or so they say)

The movie brings together a plethora of action stars, most notably, those who kicked ass during the 80s. It was shaping up to be a perfect reunion of the stars we loved from back in the day. When we got to see the unofficial trailer, the quality of what we saw sure made it feel like an 80s action flick, which to me was good and bad.

From the footage, we never got to see two big names who we know are involved with the movie: Arnold Schwarzenegger and Bruce Willis. Thanks to an Entertainment Weekly exclusive chat with Stallone, we now have some details on what Willis and the Governator will be playing.

EW spoke with Stallone (who’s also directing the film) over the phone after he shot the scenes with Willis and Schwarzenegger.

“I was just looking at the dailies, saying, ‘Jesus, this is amazing!’ I talked about this scene with these guys for a long time, but I never thought it would come to fruition.”
The scene that the two stars make a cameo in takes place in a church where Willis has called upon Stallone’s character to finally meet him in person, and see if he’s fit to possibly hire for a near-suicidal mission. After some smartass witty dialogue, in comes Stallone’s rival mercenary who Willis’ character has also called upon for the gig. Yes, that’s Arnold, and they’re competing for the same job.

“Bruce says ‘Well, there’s one other person I want to talk to before I hire you… And then Arnold, who plays my old rival, walks in. We have a history together. And we go back and forth and I tell him that I should have shot him a long time ago when I had the chance. Then it goes on from there. And here we are, the three of us trying to man up to one another, playing off of who we are, using our baggage in this one scene.”
Participating in Sylvester Stallone’s dream project are Jason Statham, Jet Li, Randy Couture, Terry Crews, Dolph Lundgren, Eric Roberts, Steve Austin, David Zayas, Danny Trejo and Mickey Rourke. And as we know more info on now, there’s also some cool cameos from Arnold Schwarzenegger and Bruce Willis.

The Expendables opens in theaters August 20, 2010.

Source: Screenrant

In a recent article, Sly Stallone revealed that he fractured his neck during an intense action scene shoot on the set of the film that could have killed him.

Here is the complete article with some pictures:

Sylvester Stallone broke his neck while filming a fight scene in his latest movie.

The veteran action hero had emergency surgery and a metal plate inserted in his neck following the accident on the set of The Expendables.
The 63-year-old actor was filming a fight with wrestling co-star Stone Cold Steve Austin, 45, in the upcoming movie, but it was so realistic that Stallone ended up with a hairline fracture in his neck.
Neck trouble: Sylvester Stallone, who stars at Barney Ross in The Expendables, received a hairline fracture during a realistic fight scene in the movie

A world of pain: Sly sustained the injury while filming a fight sequence with Stone Cold Steve Austin

Stallone told FHM magazine: 'Man, it was seven guys, kicking each other's ass, one guy tougher than the next. No joke, our stunt guys were begging for mercy.
'Actually, my fight with Stone Cold Steve Austin was so vicious that I ended up getting a hairline fracture in my neck. I'm not joking.

'I haven't told anyone this, but I had to have a very serious operation afterwards. I now have a metal plate in my neck.'
The plot of the film centres around a team of mercenaries who head to South America on a mission to overthrow a dictator.
The movie features a who's who of veteran action actors including Arnold Schwarzenegger, 62, Bruce Willis, 54, Dolph Lundgren, 52, Mickey Rourke, 57, Jet Li, 46, as well as relative youngster Jason Statham, 37.
It also stars Brittany Murphy, who died in December of a heart attack.
Stallone, who wrote the script and directed the movie, said testosterone was flowing during filming.

Run! Sly Stallone, pictured on set of The Expendables, pictured performing stunts for the movie

He said: 'Bruce's character, who hires me to do the job the film's based on, turns to me and says, "Look, there's one person I need to talk with before I give you the job."

'At which point Arnold, who plays my oldest rival, walks out.

'And it's clear we have a lot of history there. So I tell him I should have shot him a long time ago when I had the chance.
'And the scene goes from there. But man, those guys were up for it.
Jump! Brandishing a pistol, Stallone launches himself on to the pier in the film

'They got out of bed at 5.30am just to shoot a small five-minute scene.'
It is not the first time the actor has been hurt during filming. He was also badly hurt by Dolph Lundgren when he filmed Rocky IV.

He said: 'Dolph and I always went for it. I gave him orders to try to knock me out while the cameras were rolling. At one point, he hit me so hard on the head I felt my spine compress.
'He then hit me with an almighty uppercut. That night my chest started to swell, and I had to be helicopter-ambulanced from my hotel to a nearby emergency room.
'I was told that Dolph had punched my rib cage into my chest, compressing my heart. If it had swollen any more, I would have died.

Old enemies: Sylvester Stallone as Rocky Balboa and Dolph Lundgren as Ivan Drago in Rocky IV. Lundgren hit Stallone so hard in the chest that Stallone had to be helicopter-ambulanced to hospital
'After that, I was like, "Dolph, it's only a movie, bro."'
Stallone recently revealed that he and Arnold Schwarzenegger, once huge rivals, are now the best of friends.
'He's my best friend now. It's strange, given what big rivals we used to be. He's still ridiculously competitive, though. See this watch?
'This is the only one of its kind in the world, so I wore it to our last lunch. Arnold was desperate for me to get him one but I had to explain that wasn't possible. He was so mad!'

I just saw the trailer,
it looks jam packed of hard core action
Imagine all those action stars in the same set
they want their scenes to be as realistic as possible
and be thougher than the next guy.

so uhh how is brittany murphy gonna be in the movie, when shes uhh dead... yea.. **** doesnt even make sense..

so uhh how is brittany murphy gonna be in the movie, when shes uhh dead... yea.. **** doesnt even make sense..
According to the official blog of the film, it appears that a few rewrites have occurred and that Brittany Murphy’s character has been written out of the film. This was done before she passed away.

Uh, because movies don't get released the moment people finish shooting them. Some of them can take a year or more in post-production.

First official trailer for The Expendables

We’ve seen a few trailers and behind the scenes videos for The Expendables in the past, although most of them appeared on YouTube and probably weren’t released officially. However today Yahoo! got themselves the first official trailer for the film, and it’s quite good. Not only do we see see explosions, fight scenes and general badassery, we also see the scene featuring Sylvester Stallone, Bruce Willis and Arnold Schwarzenegger.

You can watch the official trailer below:

In The Expendables a mercenary team heads to South America where they try to overthrow a dictator. Sylvester Stallone leads the team, which includes Randy Coture, Jet Li, Dolph Lundgren, Terry Crews and Jason Statham. We will also see Mickey Rourke, Eric Roberts and Steve Austin, and Arnold Schwarzenegger will make a brief appearance with Bruce Willis.

The Expendables will be released on August 13th.

Source: Filmonic