Mikeython1 Movie Reviews

→ in
Tools    

The Road Warrior is the best of the three, in this humble narrator's opinion. Also, I think I'm going to have to watch Big Trouble in Little China again, I'm sure it's been over a decade now, and this site seems to love it.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

The Road Warrior is the best of the three, in this humble narrator's opinion. Also, I think I'm going to have to watch Big Trouble in Little China again, I'm sure it's been over a decade now, and this site seems to love it.
I totally agree that The Road Warrior is the best. I have not seen this movie in a really long time, till tonight.

Some people will try and justify Thunderdome being the best, to these people I just laugh. I would have given ya a thumbs up on that Road Warrior review mikeython but after two days of tests with Yoda, it still doesn't work for me. Consider this a thumbs up.

Some people will try and justify Thunderdome being the best, to these people I just laugh. I would have given ya a thumbs up on that Road Warrior review mikeython but after two days of tests with Yoda, it still doesn't work for me. Consider this a thumbs up.
I like Thunderdome also but not nearly as good. All it has is a little star power(Tina Turner) and the tribe of little kids to appeal to a younger crowd. Don't worry about the thumbs up, as for I have seen your thread. I like the rep points but it does not bother me if I get them or not. The real reward for me is talking about movies.

When Yoda gets it fixed I'll pay some of your posts a visit, a few others as well. As for Thunderdome, I like it too, but I agree with you, definitely not as good as The Road Warrior, which in my opinion is one of the best action movies of all time.

Vantage Point is definitely a very good movie. It is fast paced and keeps you excited the whole time. Dennis Quaid plays Secret Service Agent Thomas Barnes who is trying to protect the President Of The United States. An assignation attempt to is made on the presidents life and Agent Barnes has to catch the people who did it. What makes this movie special is it shows one specific time frame that is shown in 8 different point of views. Each view shown gets you a little closer to figuring out what happened. Forrest Whitaker is one of the view points and he does a great job. Matthew Fox(Lost) is also pretty good in this, definitely his best movie yet.

I Give Vantage Point
I didn't like Vantage Point that much. I would probably give it a

I didn't like Vantage Point that much. I would probably give it a
I think I liked it alot because Forrest Whitaker and Dennis Qauid are actors I really like. I heard mixed feelings about Vantage Point so I can see where you are coming from.

I like the first half of Vantage Point, because it promises a lot, but it doesn't deliver on any of it. Major developments are left completely unexplained, and the intricacy and intrigue of the plot ends up being a lot less exciting than one would hope. An example of the former:

WARNING: "Vantage Point" spoilers below
I predicted very early in the film that Matthew Fox's character would be a/the traitor; which is bad enough by itself. But why? I don't recall us being told why he betrayed the President. Not even a throwaway line about why he disapproves of his leadership.

It's also one of the most stunning examples of the newfangled habit of giving away plot developments (or even outright twists) in the trailers. Namely...

WARNING: "Vantage Point" spoilers below
...the fact that the person assassinated wasn't the President, but a double. Huge twist. Divulged in basically ever trailer. Completely ridiculous.

I agree with you Yoda on the Matthew Fox thing, and the ending was pretty good but it could have been better. The reason I liked it so much was the style in which they told us the story. This actually could be a really good basis for a television show.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I liked Vantage Point it was a cool film fair play, nice review Micky

This movie was good but could have been better. By better I mean it could have used a little more action. This movie had great acting by a good cast(Brad Pitt,Casey Affleck,Sam Rockwell,Mary-Louise Parker,Jeremy Renner,Sam Shepard,Garret Dillahunt,Paul Schneider) This was one of Casey Affleck's best performances. This movie seemed to be very accurate and had some very intresting facts about Jesse James that you probaly did not know. If you enjoy as I do movies that take place in the late 1800's this is one to see. This movie at times was slow moving and a little confusing but still a descent film.

I Give The Assassanation of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford

I own Jesse James, but I still haven't had a chance to see it yet.

I would say watch it. I put it off for to long myself.
The main thing thats keeping me from watching it is that everyone I know that's seen it keeps telling me it's overly long.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
The main thing thats keeping me from watching it is that everyone I know that's seen it keeps telling me it's overly long.
It's not. It's also not an action film, so maybe if you go in not expecting one, you'll enjoy the movie more. As for me, I think it's fantastic.

It's not. It's also not an action film, so maybe if you go in not expecting one, you'll enjoy the movie more. As for me, I think it's fantastic.
I think I'm gonna watch it sometime within the next week, but I definitely won't be expecting an action movie.

This is one of the great movies to come out of the 1980's. This is a fast paced, stylish(for the 80's) crime thriller. It also has a great soundtrack(again for the 80's) and great camera shot's of Los Angeles. This is a story about Federal Agent Richard Chance(William Peterson) who is after a counterfeiter Eric Masters(Willem Dafoe)that has killed his long time partner. He will stop at nothing to catch Masters even it means breaking the law or putting his own life in jeopardy. Good surprise ending. Small part for John Turturro. I think a lot of people would enjoy this movie especially anyone who enjoys great 80's actors.

I Give To Live and Die in L.A.