Spaced any fans?

Tools    

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Spaced is brilliant. A great series for movie fans with all the film references. A friend of mine showed me how to get the subtitles to show you all the movie references although its been a while since I watched it so I can't remember how...

A definite highlight for me was the episode where the go to rescue the dog and they all have Star Wars code names. Genius.

I love surreal Brit comedy

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
did i already post in this thread? i can't remember, and can't be bothered to check.

but Spaced is probably my 2nd favorite show ever, [Six Feet Under being first!] and i own the Season 1 + 2 pack thingy.

'sounds a little hard to swallow.'

Doesn't the 'boxset' released recently over there have commentaries by Quentin Tarantino and other annoying sods?

Spaced if fantastic, but Edgar Wright and Simon Pegg have become increasingly obnoxious. They need Jessica to add warmth to their scripts.

Welcome to the human race...
Since my last post in this thread, the DVD boxset has been released and naturally I picked it up (at A$40, which is a decent enough price I guess). I have since powered through every episode at least once, and am in the process of rewatching them with the Homage-O-Meter turned on (and then I'll try the commentaries).

In short, I think I have a new favourite show.

Happycyclist - yes, they have commentaries by annoying sods. Damned if I'm not going to listen to them, though.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Awsome glad you like it, I do love the charector Tyres he is insane.

Literally. Tough to figure out which aspect of him is funnier, the dancing to everyday sounds or the "FAHKEN MOOD SWINGS".

"You're a writer In other words you're on the dole."

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I rewatched both series recently and it is still genious everytime I wach it lol.

When tyres is dancing to the traffic lights is the best, cracks me up everytime.

Some Kind of High Powered Mutant
Where is there a Spaced boxset for $30? (Maybe that's not in US dollars?) It costs $60 where I live, which is why I didn't buy it yet. I was able to watch the series online before it came out here, and would love to see the commentary etc., and be able to lend it out.

Spoiler warning, obviously....

If you've got the boxset with all the extras then doubtless you've seen this, but if like me you've only seen it on tv or ordinary dvds, then you may not have and you absolutely must see this.

Why don't they call her Leia...?

My inner fangirl is made happy. Who says you can't have happy endings in comedy shows? Add this to the Office Christmas Special and that makes 2 out of my 3 favourite comedy should-be-couples living happily ever after...

Why don't they call her Leia...?
Because Tim's stupid, it seems.

Nobody says you can't have happy endings on comedy shows, but it's better if you don't. I never wanted Tim and Daisy to end up together, although if they ended up doing a third series it would be inevitable - which is part of why I don't want to see a third series.

They'll never do a third series now. And I don't think they should, it's been too long.

And when I said 'you can't' have romantic endings, I meant what you said, that people think it's better if you don't. I don't see why not, if it can stay funny. Not if it goes all mushy and Friends-like and race-to-the-airport silly. But don't you ever want characters to end up together? Or is that just a girl thing...?

Yeah, in the same way that I wanted Wile E. Coyote to catch the Road Runner or wanted Beavis and Butt-head to score with chicks.

I did want Wile E. Coyote to catch the Road Runner. And Tom to catch Jerry...

I know that such things happening would mean the end of the formula, and the same applies to characters getting together, especially if it ended a long running ust. But if it was the end of the show anyway, would that matter? Why shouldn't the formula be disrupted in the final episode; if it's not carrying on, the status quo doesn't need to be restored. Like Del Boy and Rodney becoming millionaires at the end of Only Fools and Horses. That worked as an ending. The less said about the attempts to carry on after that, the better. But as an ending it worked.

Must make sense to the writers who didn't feel like compromising their characters or the reality of the show they'd put together. Although in that case, why bother trying to build up the tension between Tim and Daisy at all if it's not going to be resolved? At least in the examples mentioned, they're fairly static and you know that nothing's really going to change (or at least not in the way you'd expect - I remember watching a feature-length Tom and Jerry movie where they teamed up against a common enemy, but then again this same movie had them talking as well so yeah, kind of sketchy example).

So yeah, I don't know what the point of that was. Maybe some cognitive dissonance on Simon and Jessica's parts.

Although in that case, why bother trying to build up the tension between Tim and Daisy at all if it's not going to be resolved?
I think they probably didn't get them together because they wanted to leave it open for a third series...and then never made it.