Snapshots of History.

Tools    

They're peeling onions, so I'd say they donned the masks to keep their eyes from smarting. Looks like it may be around the time of World War 2.
You got it! Wish I had a gas mask to peel onions

She was born in Poland but became renowned in another country. Do you know her name and what she became famous for?

Haven’t a clue, but is it the Royal Navy? There’s a chaplain on deck so a burial at sea?

If not the victims of the Lusitania sinking, perhaps it's the Titanic.
It is the Titanic Doc. A memoral service on board the Californian I presume.

Have a go y'all.

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
It is the Titanic Doc. A memoral service on board the Californian I presume.

Have a go y'all.
The Californian? The ship that saw the flares but did nothing. Guilt trip?

That was the large earthquake they had in Southern California. I can't remember what it was called. It was named after the epicenter, maybe something like San Bernardino?
You guessed it, bro. Good memory. It was the Loma Prieta earthquake (named for the peak in the Santa Cruz mountains near the epicenter). I think of it as the '89 San Francisco earthquake because most of the damage was in the Bay Area. It even stopped the World Series between --ironically-- Oakland and San Francisco.

The picture is of one of the collapsed sections of the Bay Bridge, showing the upper deck fallen onto the lower. I thought some folks might recognize the tell-tale Calif. Hwy Patrol uniform, popularized by the TV series CHIPs.

You're up.

Nothing deeply historical, but very interesting trivia.
At first I thought it was a catfish. But there aren't any "whiskers". It must be an ocean fish, like a sea bass. Judging from the clothing, it's probably from the early 20th Century. It must be a record sized fish..

At first I thought it was a catfish. But there aren't any "whiskers". It must be an ocean fish, like a sea bass. Judging from the clothing, it's probably from the early 20th Century. It must be a record sized fish..
It kinda does look like a monster catfish doesn't? But you're right, it's a sea bass and the largest ever caught. It weighted 425 pounds. Your turn.