Name the Actor/Actress Quiz

Tools    

Being a proper skeptic, I've verified this question independently, and the info is accurate.

Hint: The common element involves a specific character.
They all played women. Need more BOP.

They all auditioned or were considered for the same classic role (ultimately NOT played by anyone on this list). In fact, oddly, one of them turned down both the role in question and that of the character's daughter (!).

They all auditioned or were considered for the same classic role (ultimately NOT played by anyone on this list). In fact, oddly, one of them turned down both the role in question and that of the character's daughter (!).
You are not talking about Scarlett O'Hara? No Vivien Leigh on the list.

Yes, they were all up for Mrs. Robinson -- including the improbably young Audrey Hepburn and Natalie Wood (who apparently turned down the roles of Mrs. R. and Elaine!). Your floor.

Yes, they were all up for Mrs. Robinson -- including the improbably young Audrey Hepburn and Natalie Wood (who apparently turned down the roles of Mrs. R. and Elaine!). Your floor.
Yeh. Had to get it eventually.

American Actress 1938-81.She co-starred with James Dean in Rebel Without a Cause (1955) as a teenager followed in 1961 with a major role in West Side Story.