Halt and Catch Fire

Tools    

Anyone watching this show? I think it is great. Just wondering if anyone else enjoys this show as much as I do?

I just started watching it and yeah, I'm really liking it. The trailers gave me the impression it was a cop show for some reason, like Mod Squad. But I really like the computer themes and the 80's setting. I think my favorite thing about the show is how comfortable I feel watching it. It's not like Game of Thrones where I'm bored when it's not containing the characters I like, or other shows that just force feed you tension all the time or constant cliff hangers. I feel satisfied after every episode, I always want to come back to it and watch more, but I don't feel pressured to watch the next episode immediately. If I set it aside and come back to it later I still feel okay. So I really like the atmosphere of interesting things happening without the drama feeling forced or over the top. All of the characters are interesting.

I'm currently digging on this a little. Feels a little like American Psycho mixed with War Games, but nothing story-wise. Also, the Gordon character reminds me of Bob Balaban a bit. Not a great show so far, but not bad. I'm only on ep7 of season 1, so, we'll see. Definitely has some choice moments, and the story is kind of intriguing.