DNA Films Reviewing DREDD DVD/BluRay Sales

Tools    

That was part of the production problem with Dredd... the low budget hammered certain aspects of the city and the props department as well.

They would have had more robots as well as futuristic vehicles but the budget was too low... which is one reason Dredd's bike was refashioned into what we saw in the film rather than the flying Lawmaster we all know from the comics.

It still looks awesome though, according to the DVD features it was a fully working bike, 500cc monster...

A system of cells interlinked
There were many things wrong with what I saw.
I will just point out one of them...

Dredd on a motorcycle chasing guys shooting at him with semi automatics... okay in real life he would be dead at this close of range. But lets just let that slide for a second.. it's only after the van hits a pedestrian that he suddenly gets serious and makes the van flip over..

Apparently he was LETTING them shoot semiautomatics at him the entire time? What kind of sense does any of this make.. and I challenge you to go out and shoot something like an AK-47, see how ridiculous missing at close range really is. especially a guy just sitting out there on a bike coming toward you in a straight line

Great, but what I was getting at with my B-movie comment was that all these issues fit right into the B-movie paradigm. This film is hyper-real, and yes, there will be plenty of scenes that have people rolling their eyes and saying "Yeah, right!"

That is JUST fine. This film is clearly over the top. I like it because it takes some shots at current society, it's gritty, and it sort of slides into cyberpunk territory here and there, and there are just not enough decent CP films - I will take what I can get.

Dredd was supposed to be TERRIBLE, but hey, it hit all the right buttons for over-the-top psychedelic action (Slo-mo is awesome, even if it was lifted from old Ian Donaldson novels), and came out a lot better than really anyone expected it to.

I think it's fun storytelling, and totally unrealistic. Star Wars was good, old fashioned story-telling, but when you take a long look at it, everything that happens is pretty ridiculous. It's a fantasy film, and so is Dredd.

Here's the thing - When you just let it do its thing, Dredd is FUN. Forget the bullet trajectory (goofier stuff than that happens in the film) and just sit back and enjoy Grumpy Cat in a Helmet blasting everything in sight.

the flying Lawmaster we all know from the comics.
Just for the record the lawmaster does NOT fly in the comics. It's a bloomin' motorbike. There was an early story in which Dredd goes to Luna City where they use flying bikes called 'zippers', but these are almost never seen in Mega City One. Sounds like you've been watching the Stallone movie on the sly (pun intended) again. Come on own up.

I need to read the comics again... been years since I had a read. I was sure the Lawmaster was able to fly.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
My brother in law has bought the graphic novels since seeing Dredd so once he has finished with them im hoping to borrow them.

"Hey Look it's Masterman"
I love Dredd it made my top 100. I really hope the sequel takes place in the city, I hope we get to see alot more this time around, more of the city, the technology, the people.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I love Dredd it made my top 100. I really hope the sequel takes place in the city, I hope we get to see alot more this time around, more of the city, the technology, the people.
This is exactly what I hope the sequel should be like!

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
http://www.totalfilm.com/news/karl-u...f-dredd-sequel

Dredd may get that sequel... Urban has hinted that all the different support web pages have made an impact on studios.
This is awesome

I liked the page ages ago and have emailed a couple of companies and used twitter with the official hashtag thing

We've gone on holiday by mistake
http://www.totalfilm.com/news/karl-u...f-dredd-sequel

Dredd may get that sequel... Urban has hinted that all the different support web pages have made an impact on studios.
Great news. One of the best films of 2012 easily!

Can't think of a comic book movie more deserving of a sequel atm.

About 10 days ago, Alex Garland revealed that a final meeting was held between the filmmakers and the studios. Dredd is not getting a sequel. At least not one with the original team behind it and, if there is one, it probably won't star Karl Urban.

"The basic mechanics of film financing say that if you make a film that loses a ton of money, you're not going to get a sequel. And that's basically what happened.
And I understand and appreciate the support the film has had, and the campaigns that have existed for it, and it's really genuinely gratifying.
So the support for the film is truly appreciated. But if there is going to be a sequel, it's not going to be me and the team of people who worked on the previous film, it's going to be another bunch of people. And good luck to them, and I hope it happens. I really do. I hope they do a better job than we did."

So there we go.
Shame and very upsetting to know that a movie which did eventually make a profit, is one of the best films of the 2010s and has a solid fanbase will be left on the shelf...

... all the while **** like Fast & Furious gets confirmation of an 8th movie, based solely on the fact that Fast 7 earned a lot of cash at the Box Office due to an actor's death, and not to actually being that good a film.

At least we won't be getting a sh*t sequel. Kind of unusual and unique considering the current market.