MoFo App

Tools    

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I was thinking about this this morning, would a MoFo App work? I know for one I would download it and even pay for it, as using the internet on my tablet is quite slow and sometimes I cant get on the laptop as my wife id using it for uni work etc.

I have no idea how these apps work or if it would be possible to get the whole feel of the website in an app.

Developing an app is a lot of work, and not the kind of technical work I have much experience with, unfortunately.

More importantly, though, is that a well-designed mobile site can feel a lot like an app, anyway. I'm not sure if you've tried the site on your phone since the redesign, but if you do you should be getting a scaled-down mobile version that's a lot easier to use--very fast, compact, and with lots of oversized, easy-to-push links.

It needs some more work (I still haven't done the content areas, for example), but it should be pretty pleasant to use for basic functions already.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I didnt know there was a mobile site, I will see if I can get that on my tablet. My phone is an old blackberry and rarely works. Cheers for the heads up Yoda

Like I said I have no idea how making, designing apps work and I should imagine it is very hard, I find trying to inject ink into our ink cartridge a pain in the backside

On a tablet you'll probably get the "full" site--most tablet users seem to prefer that. However, I am hoping to finally get around to doing a tablet version. It won't be hugely different, the way the mobile site is now, but I figure it can be made a lot easier for tablet users with just a few tweaks here and there.

If you have any problems with device detection or not being able to switch styles under your options, just drop me a PM and we can debug.

For some reason on my iPhone the mobile version only shows when I use private browsing and I'm not logged in. Otherwise, even if I go to options and try and watch between Desktop and Mobile it still doesn't work (despite mobile being shown as selected).

I don't recall offhand if you were one of the people who specifically asked for the non-mobile version in the earlygoing, but if you were, that would explain it.

I just changed something manually in your profile--let me know if it works now (you may have to use the Edit Options setting again to see).

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
On a tablet you'll probably get the "full" site--most tablet users seem to prefer that. However, I am hoping to finally get around to doing a tablet version. It won't be hugely different, the way the mobile site is now, but I figure it can be made a lot easier for tablet users with just a few tweaks here and there.

If you have any problems with device detection or not being able to switch styles under your options, just drop me a PM and we can debug.
Will do, thanks again Yoda

Every post I've ever made has been from one of my iPhones, and I always use the full site version of any site I visit. I wouldn't use the app.