As If More Proof Was Needed: Americans Are Morons

Tools    

The Adventure Starts Here!
I go to matinees. I pay about $5 a pop. And most folks around here know the difference between watching a movie in a theater with a bunch of other people versus sitting home in front of a 26" TV screen. Some films are just fun ... and more fun on the big screen.

I'd say, let it go. No one needs to develop a flaming ulcer over a Disney movie. I mean, really.

And I'm still peeved about equating Americans with morons on the basis of their moviegoing choices on one single [otherwise dull] weekend in the middle of summer.

Find another cause. This one's just, well, silly.

You are so transparent Purandara. You are like a little child trying to get people to notice you. I guess it has worked thus far, but like the little unsocial brat pulling cats tails you are bound to get scratched, and when you do will you cry and whine and then blame the cat. Grow up.

Certainly you can hate a movie or like a movie if you want, but I mean calling a whole country morons shows how ignorant you are. Also if I want to spend money on taking the family out to see a family movie then its my money to do it with. I love going to theaters and seeing a movie on the big screen enhances the experience. Sure there are plenty of movies to rent or watch on cable, and I do that also. Your Bush hating has infested every fiber of your being and it seems you and Alec Baldwin probably share the same dreams.

Originally Posted by Purandara88
If by 'mixed' reviews you mean that some reviewers believe it is mediocre while others think it's total crap, I suppose you could almost support that argument. On the other hand, genuinely positive reviews are mighty scarce on the ground.

At 10 bucks at ticket? It better be AT LEAST that good.

I've never understood the point of wasting time and money on movies that aren't thought provoking, or at least once a decade entertaining. There's 80+ years of great movies to be watched for two bucks on rental, why spend 10 bucks a pop (and another 10 for candy and a drink, since there's no ****ing way you can sit through a 151 minute film without a little snack) on a film that aspires to mediocrity.

**** you. I'm right and everyone else is wrong. It's not MY fault you're a bunch of mouth-breathing retards unwilling to admit my manifest superiority.

But don't worry, you'll be the first in the ovens when I rule the world.

so...how soon will this man be banned?

I am Jack's sense of overused quote
**** you. I'm right and everyone else is wrong. It's not MY fault you're a bunch of mouth-breathing retards unwilling to admit my manifest superiority.

But don't worry, you'll be the first in the ovens when I rule the world.

Hahahahahahahahaha. Oh you're such an ASS. Hahahahaha.

Pirates getting that much money pissed me off to no end as well. A Prairie Home Companionhas made all of $.53 while that peice of crap sails away with all the movie booty. It really makes me wonder if Pur is right about Americans being morons.

Naw...he's wrong. We are not morons, we just have bad taste. In a lot of things. A lot.

And Shrub? Did I miss that memo? When did we start calling him Shrub?

Bad taste and stupidity are overlapping phenomena. Call it 'co-morbidity' if you'd like...

Purandara88 just cuz ur cheap and are not willing to spend $10+ on a movie doenst mean others wont

people have money and they tend to spend them nothing wrong with that i do it all the time it doenst have to be a movie that is gonna get nominated for oscars or any other award to be worth seeing on the big screen i watch it for pure entertainment or to kill some time

I wipe my ass with your feelings
Proudly wasting money isn't exactly a sign of genius, my friend.
I thought I asked you to go eat your own ****?
We're soldiers. Soldiers don't go to hell. It's war. Soldiers, they kill other soldiers. We're in a situation where everybody involved knows the stakes. And if you're gonna accept those stakes... You gotta do certain things. It's business, we're soldiers. We follow codes... Orders.

Well enuf americans must be morons to elect there moron leader...thos of you who are not i feel sorry for you try and educate your neighbour LOL only messin with ya

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by Heaper
Well enuf americans must be morons to elect there moron leader...thos of you who are not i feel sorry for you try and educate your neighbour LOL only messin with ya
This post is hilarious. Telling people to educate themselves while spelling almost every word incorrectly. Get lost, you complete and utter imbecile.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Movi....ap/index.html

Nevermind that it's gotten horrible reviews. Forget that the first intstallment was crap. Let's all rush out and drop 132 million ****ing dollars on the even ****tier sequal to one of the most overrated summer films in recent memory.
I'm assuming you have first hand knowledge that the second sequel is '******' and aren't just basing your opinion on what the critics have had to say…. 'cause, you know, if you were, that would be just plain stupid…

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

O come on,its simple.The first movie got worldwide how much about 300million dollars and was on second place in the Box office for 2003.Which means that its going to have an even better sequel(that is what is belived to be) and everybody decides to go and watch it.where is the crime in that.You know how does it go with sequels even more money in the box office.I'm going to see it anyway in about 2 hours and will gladly give 4 leva(or about 3$)for a ticket,but ofcourse there is nothing better than the original

District B13
Originally Posted by KnicksRIP
I agree wholeheartedly. However, I can also appreciate a tireless kind of "F.U. ALL WHO ENJOYED THIS DAMN MOVIE" feeling. I think we've all been through that before. Kind of like... you see a movie, you think it's so inexplicably dumb that everyone just HAS to feel the way you do, and then you're dumbfounded to find out that other people not only liked it, but LOVED it. I can totally appreciate that kind of momentary, wreckless hatred. 'Tis human, I say.
That's my exact feeling with Batman Begins.

I wipe my ass with your feelings
Originally Posted by Sedai
This post is hilarious. Telling people to educate themselves while spelling almost every word incorrectly. Get lost, you complete and utter imbecile.
He doesn't have to spell every word correctly. I hope you are aware of that?

Maybe the House should pass a bill just for your records?

Somehow I do not feel like a moron. Certainly a true moron would not even know if they were one persay, but if they did know they were a moron they would most definitely be proud of it. So calling someone a moron who is truly a moron is like calling someone who is African American .....black, or calling a Native American an..... Indian, or calling a Jewish peson a Jew. If I am a moron then all well and good, but if I am one then what does that make you?

Beware The Probe!
Well, I liked it and I'm not even American.
It was funny, fun, and lotsa action and effects.

I know I liked the first one too but I'd have to watch it again to remember the whole thing.

The box-office numbers surprised me at first but since it is a Disney movie I would expect to see families go see this on the weekend. Most Disney movies seem to do really well that way.

My one complaint is the cliffhanger ending. I want to see part 3 NOW!!!

The hostility about this movie from the originator of this thread astounds me. He probably waited in line for it on day one and was turned away after 3 hours when all the theaters sold out.
Or he threw up on the Pirates of the Caribbian Theme Park Ride when he was a kid (or just last week?)

Either way, it was still a good movie in my opinion.

PS
There is a small bonus scene after the credits but it isn't a majorly important one like the X3 one was but it still made me chuckle.
<<--hint

You ready? You look ready.
Quick question, who pays for the movies? I sure know the critics don't. And I don't see the stars pumping millions of dollars into viewing flicks. If it's what the consumer wants, they get it. But then again, you must be too much of a "moron" to see that.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

lol people are complainig about pirates making money
i cant believe Little Man and You, Me and Dupree made 20+ mill what is this world coming too

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by Godsend
He doesn't have to spell every word correctly. I hope you are aware of that?

Maybe the House should pass a bill just for your records?
He does when he is questioning the intelligence of other posters on a text based forum, genius. Don't sass me captain sassypants!