As If More Proof Was Needed: Americans Are Morons

Tools    

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
Originally Posted by Purandara88
The American public has no taste. No wonder the Shrub was elected twice.
thats so funny... i don't remember approving this movie to get made!

i should go ask my other American friends if they approved this movie to be made... if not, then someone is not doing their job!

Well I saw this movie with my family and we all enjoyed it. It is a Disney movie made for families and for Summer fun, I think it hits on all cylinders keeping that in mind. I guess my young teenage kids are morons, come say that to my face firestarter.

*****Very Mild Spolier*********
I also didn't really like the movie...I mean the whole 2 hrs and 40 mins. of the movie is just build-up for the 3rd, nothing was acomplished....the dead creatures looked like the bad guys from the original Power Ranger show....and I know this isn't a very "realistic" movie, but when it had chances to add some realism, it didn't(you'll notice this many times throughout the movie espcially when you see Jake doing a double back flip and landing of the other side of a cliff, while tied up)

You can tell that they made this a trilogy just to suck the money out of people....This is sadly not near as good as the Lord of the Rings Trilogy...

Put me in your pocket...
Originally Posted by 7thson
Well I saw this movie with my family and we all enjoyed it. It is a Disney movie made for families and for Summer fun, I think it hits on all cylinders keeping that in mind. I guess my young teenage kids are morons, come say that to my face firestarter.
We enjoyed it as a family too. We even took my parents and they enjoyed it. Yeah...it obviously wasn't as good as the first movie and I have my own bones to pick with this...but I think the movie critics were much to harsh on this. I loved the key chase and sword fight. It was a good time out. My daughter, of course thought it was awesome and wants to but it when it comes out on DVD.

Originally Posted by natedog4000
....the dead creatures looked like the bad guys from the original Power Ranger show....and I know this isn't a very "realistic" movie, but when it had chances to add some realism, it didn't(you'll notice this many times throughout the movie espcially when you see Jake doing a double back flip and landing of the other side of a cliff, while tied up)
You can't be serious. I know you were dissapointed....but you're being much to harsh. My kids didn't get into the Power Rangers show...but we do have Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie (1995). And as much as I love cheese and the evil Ivan Ooze...you can not possibly compare the two in quality. I think you're letting your emotions cloud your judgement.

As far as realism....cripes....that's why I liked this. It's fantasy...not a fact based story. I say let there be more absurb double back flip and landings added in. It's what helped make it fun.

Oh...Puran...I guess my dad, the rocket scientist, is moron.

I've never understood the point of wasting time and money on movies that aren't thought provoking, or at least once a decade entertaining.
How would one know this? I mean if you were one to go out and see first run movies, how could you predict this faultlessly? Sure, I understand reffering to sequels, but in general how would a person know if a movie is bad beforehand? I take it you have not seem POTCDMC or Clerks II, or Superman Returns, or X-Men 3, etc.... Your take on social normality has led you to believe that everyone is eccentric, but they are not. You may think of yourself as above normal which is all well and good, but above normal is also abnormal. Open your wings and fly, but do not expect me to go with you, unless free beer is involved.

I have said it before on this board, and I will say it again. I am the average movie goer. I don't want a movie to be insight on the human condition...I want to be entertained. I want explosions, romance, action sequences, a fight between good and evil, some attractive people, etc. I think I'm fairly average in this regard.

I loved DMC, I thought it was an excellent movie. Was it as funny as the first? No, but I still thought it was worth the ticket price.

Johnny Depp was fantastic and witty, and looked so dang sexy the entire time. That alone was worth it. lol. He is one of the most talented actors in Hollywood ad has always performed gradeA. Whoever said he was a moron in this movie was calling the kettle black.

People want to be entertained. Someone mentioned Prairie Home Companion as not doing as well and it should. PHC is aimed at a nice market. Families aren't typically going to go out and see something like that.

Look at the movies that have performed the best over the last few years, they are almost all family movies or movies that reach a wide audience. Harry Potter, Finding Nemo, Pirates, etc people wil pay to see something that they can bring everyone to see without the movie being to 'childish'

why spend 10 bucks a pop (and another 10 for candy and a drink, since there's no ****ing way you can sit through a 151 minute film without a little snack)
Oh, you so can do a movie without a snack. I do, it saves money. Or just smuggle in your own stuff.

**** you. I'm right and everyone else is wrong. It's not MY fault you're a bunch of mouth-breathing retards unwilling to admit my manifest superiority.
The fact that you used the term 'manifest superiority' to describe yourself shows that you have a big of of an ego.

But don't worry, you'll be the first in the ovens when I rule the world.
That was in such bad taste. Really.

we always go to matinees...too expensive to go at night unless we are out of town, then the movies are really cheap compared to ny prices...

dmc was a fun movie ..and i love johnny depp...if he stood around and did nothing but fall, i would love him...and if that makes me a moron, so be it....he's a very talented actor and look forward to seeing anything that he does...

i am actually looking forward to the 3rd installment...
oh and if any of you stayed after the credits, trust me, it's worth it...

Put me in your pocket...
Originally Posted by susan
i am actually looking forward to the 3rd installment...
oh and if any of you stayed after the credits, trust me, it's worth it...
I'm looking forward to the third installment as well.

We didn't stay after the credits rolled....was there a sneak peak?

it really wasn't a sneak peek, annie...it was more like comic relief...but it was cute and it made the movie more enjoyable..

i thought that it would be a sneak peek myself, that's why i stayed...

Some quick facts:

I,

1. Plan on seeing it when it comes out on video.
2. Would have seen it in the theatres, but was in the process of a 1,000 mile U-haul move at the time.
3. Did not vote for Bush.
4. Firmly believe that escapist fare is a non-partisan issue, in this we, left and right, can all get along.
5. Believe I heard the banned stick being struck.

You ready? You look ready.
Originally Posted by Othelo
5. Believe I heard the banned stick being struck.
Yea, we gave him the Gong.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

thanks for your opinion! The entertainment indusrty is all about choices. That is why you have 150 TV channels and 30 movies playing each weekend. While you may not appreciate a certain movie...the majority of movie goers out-weigh your opinion!
Same goes for politics...everyone is free to leave if they don't like where they live..

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Movi....ap/index.html

Nevermind that it's gotten horrible reviews. Forget that the first intstallment was crap. Let's all rush out and drop 132 million ****ing dollars on the even ****tier sequal to one of the most overrated summer films in recent memory.

The American public has no taste. No wonder the Shrub was elected twice.

One reaches an age where entertainment which is appropriate for the WHOLE family becomes HIGHLY valuable. Knowing I could throw a movie on the DVD player regardless of who my company is, anyone from my 6 year old nephew to my 86 year old grandmother is really saying something.

That said, I think Pirates is shaping up to be a VERY well produced, directed, and acted series of films. I like Johnny Depp's interpretation of this character a LOT. It's got the special effects WOW factor, as well as a taught script wrought with spoonfuls of innuendo for those of us old enough to notice it. Besides is it REALLY any more ridiculous than "Star Wars," "Back to the Future," or "Indiana Jones?" I think not. Yes there's a time and a place for "Gummo" or "Eraserhead," or "The Dreamers," but I don't need to feel like I'm in a film appreciation class ALL the time either. There's a LOT to be said for movies that allow us to be innocently entertained. I for one am anxiously awaiting the 3rd film.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Originally Posted by PappaSteve
One reaches an age where entertainment which is appropriate for the WHOLE family becomes HIGHLY valuable. Knowing I could throw a movie on the DVD player regardless of who my company is, anyone from my 6 year old nephew to my 86 year old grandmother is really saying something.

That said, I think Pirates is shaping up to be a VERY well produced, directed, and acted series of films. I like Johnny Depp's interpretation of this character a LOT. It's got the special effects WOW factor, as well as a taught script wrought with spoonfuls of innuendo for those of us old enough to notice it. Besides is it REALLY any more ridiculous than "Star Wars," "Back to the Future," or "Indiana Jones?" I think not. Yes there's a time and a place for "Gummo" or "Eraserhead," or "The Dreamers," but I don't need to feel like I'm in a film appreciation class ALL the time either. There's a LOT to be said for movies that allow us to be innocently entertained. I for one am anxiously awaiting the 3rd film.
Indeed. Someone mentioned how the POTC films are nowhere near LOTR. True, the LOTR trilogy was pulled off very well. The effects, action were top-notch. However, POTC wasn't made to be an epic film. Simply a fun film to watch with family, like PappaSteve said, no matter what the age.

If that's what American people want, that's what they're going to get. To them, they're not seeing it as wasting money. True, going to the movies these days costs almost as much as a new car, but it's entertainment.

Also, you have to remember one important thing, not every person in the world has the same taste in movies.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg