🌟 Star Trek, TOS 🌟

Tools    

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
It may be crazy but when I place a finger over the left part of his face covering his right eye and half his mouth, he looks a bit like James Doohan.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
It may be crazy but when I place a finger over the left part of his face covering his right eye and half his mouth, he looks a bit like James Doohan.

I don't see that resemblance at all.

He looks familiar, (He has pretty distinct eyebrows.), but I can't seem to place him from that picture. My guess is he's in a 3rd season episode because those are some of the worst episodes, so I watch them the least.

Can you post a different picture without that weird expression on his face?
The funny thing is he always has that weird expression on his face. Even in the pic I found from Star Trek he looked that way. Good guess about being from the third season, correct. Another pic.

The funny thing is, he reminds me of the holographic Doctor on Voyager!
He does look like a young Robert Picardo, but nope not him. This actor was on the original Star Trek series, third season.

The funny thing is he always has that weird expression on his face. Even in the pic I found from Star Trek he looked that way. Good guess about being from the third season, correct. Another pic.

I'm pretty sure that's Colonel Green from "The Savage Curtain", but I don't remember the actor's name.

I'm pretty sure that's Colonel Green from "The Savage Curtain", but I don't remember the actor's name.
Correct! It is the infamous Colonel Green from The Savage Curtain, played by Phillip Pine. One of my favorite ST episodes and fav bad guy ST characters.

Yes I recognize him now. You're right gbg. That's Phillip Pine.

His orange jump suit was slightly modified and wore by a famous alien in a TV show. I bet Gbgoodies knows, she's mentioned the show before (not a ST show btw).

I don't know if Col. Green's orange jumpsuit was recycled or not, but if you put a big upside-down silver triangle on the front of it, it looks like Mork's suit from "Mork & Mindy".

I don't know if Col. Green's orange jumpsuit was recycled or not, but if you put a big upside-down silver triangle on the front of it, it looks like Mork's suit from "Mork & Mindy".

From Memory Alpha
The red jumpsuit worn by Phillip Pine as Green was later modified and used as Mork's Orkan spacesuit in Mork & Mindy.

The red jumpsuit worn by Phillip Pine as Green was later modified and used as Mork's Orkan spacesuit in Mork & Mindy.
From Memory Alpha

Wow, that was a good guess. Mork was the first one I thought of when I pictured Green's jumpsuit.

Captain might know this, but did you know that Col Green comes up again in a three part Enterprise episode called Demons, starring Peter Weller. We don't really see Col Green but he's a personal hero of Weller's evil character. Weller is awesome in this episode. Of course he's always good.

Captain might know this, but did you know that Col Green comes up again in a three part Enterprise episode called Demons, starring Peter Weller. We don't really see Col Green but he's a personal hero of Weller's evil character. Weller is awesome in this episode. Of course he's always good.

I haven't seen "Enterprise" since it was originally on, and I stopped watching it after about 1-1/2 seasons. I have the series on DVD, so I'll probably give it another try someday.

I just about said that was Jill St John, but then I remembered she wasn't married to Charles Bronson but Jill Ireland was and that's who that is in This Side of Paradise. I just seen her with Charles Bronson a couple weeks ago in Hard Times 1975

I found it funny, in modern times when I catch the actor who first played Col. Green on an episode of the Twilight Zone or Alfred Hitchcock or in an old movie - I always see him as Col. Green because growing up, that's who that actor was to me.

I was a bit fascinated when he came up in Enterprise (and I do love when they have tie-ins to TOS) - I wish they'd delved deeper. Apparently he wasn't JUST a genocidal maniac, but had some kind of justification for it (but then, most dictators usually do)... enough so, that Peter Weller thought it was a good thing.

P.S. What's with so many light-haired Vulcans on Enterprise? I always thought jet black hair was genetic (like with Asians on Earth - which was Spock's cover story when travelling back in time).

I just about said that was Jill St John, but then I remembered she wasn't married to Charles Bronson but Jill Ireland was and that's who that is in This Side of Paradise. I just seen her with Charles Bronson a couple weeks ago in Hard Times 1975
No. That is not Jill Ireland.

I found it funny, in modern times when I catch the actor who first played Col. Green on an episode of the Twilight Zone or Alfred Hitchcock or in an old movie - I always see him as Col. Green because growing up, that's who that actor was to me.

I was a bit fascinated when he came up in Enterprise (and I do love when they have tie-ins to TOS) - I wish they'd delved deeper. Apparently he wasn't JUST a genocidal maniac, but had some kind of justification for it (but then, most dictators usually do)... enough so, that Peter Weller thought it was a good thing.

P.S. What's with so many light-haired Vulcans on Enterprise? I always thought jet black hair was genetic (like with Asians on Earth - which was Spock's cover story when travelling back in time).
I wouldn't say Demons was the greatest episode, that would be Carbon Creek imo. However I did like Peter Weller in Demons and like you mentioned the tie-in to Col Green was cool to see. I read at Memory Alpha that originally they were going to do a story focused on Col Green but then that got sidetracked, so poor old Green got demoted to a mere mention.

Regarding blonde Vulcans I swear T'Pol's hair got lighter and lighter as they tried to maker her sexier and sexier. Now, I like a pretty girl in Star Trek but IMO Enterprise went overboard with the titillation stuff, especially those sensual gel decon rubs in the decontamination chamber.