Sin City: A Dame to Kill For

Tools    

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I really hope the next two Machete films get made, That would be awesome!

I liked Sin City, but I have little interest in another one, whether it's a continuation or a new set of characters. Machete has never really interested me, as I've said before. The fake Grindhouse trailer didn't do anything for me and neither has anything else I've heard, read or seen about it.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
When I first saw the Fake Grindhouse trailer for Machete I thought it would be awesome and when I watched it it was better than I thought it would be

"Machete dont text"

Movie Forums Insomniac
Begins Production

Filmmakers Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller, along with producer Alexander Rodnyansky, have announced that production will commence on the highly anticipated sequel to 2005's Sin City, entitled Sin City: A Dame to Kill For. The film will be produced by AR Films and Quick Draw Productions, financed through AR Films U.S and released domestically by Dimension Films.

"The first question I am always asked is "When will you make another Sin City? ," said Robert Rodriguez. "I have wanted to re-team with Frank Miller and return to the world he created since the day we wrapped the original, but have felt a duty to the fans to wait until we had something truly exceptional that would meet and exceed what have become epic expectations. Sin City: A Dame to Kill For will certainly be worth the wait."

Sin City creator, screenwriter and co-director Frank Miller said, "The first Sin City knocked out audiences who had never seen anything like it before. Robert Rodriguez and I are going to shake things up and deliver a ferocious film experience that is going to go even further than the first."

The script and details of the film's story have been kept tightly under wraps. Casting will begin next week, with many of the original cast expected to return. The film, a Quick Draw Production, will be produced by Robert Rodriguez and producing partners Aaron Kaufman and Iliana Nikolic; and by Alexander Rodnyansky and Sergei Bespalov and Stephen L'Hereux. Frank Miller, The Weinstein Company's Harvey Weinstein and Bob Weinstein and Miramax's Adam Fields will act as executive producers. Sin City: A Dame to Kill For was developed by Frank Miller based upon his graphic novel, with a screenplay by Frank Miller and Academy Award winner William Monahan (The Departed). The film is expected to begin production this summer at Robert Rodriguez's Troublemaker Studios in Austin, Texas.

Alexander Rodnyansky said:

"We are delighted to continue our relationship with Robert Rodriguez and Quick Draw Productions. It is a rare opportunity to produce and finance a film with the high profile and enormous fan base of the Sin City franchise. AR FIlms will be managing worldwide sales of Sin City: A Dame to Kill For, as well as Robert Rodriguez's Machete Kills at the Cannes Film Festival in May."

The original Sin City was brought to the screen by Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller and released by Dimension in 2005, and proved to be a landmark step forward in filmmaking, breaking ground with immersive green screen to create its iconic stylish look. The first film, released on April 1, 2005, grossed over $160 million (US) worldwide and is a consistently strong home video and television performer.

"Audiences have been clamoring for Sin City: A Dame to Kill For with Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller for a long time and trust me, it will be worth the wait," said Bob Weinstein, co-chairman of The Weinstein Company. "This will be my 11th collaboration with Robert Rodriguez in 16 years and he's become a great friend. I look forward to continuing our long lasting relationship and partnering on more projects in the future."

Sin City: A Dame to Kill For comes to theaters in 2013.
Source: Movieweb

Movie Forums Insomniac
Mickey Rourke and Rosario Dawson Confirmed for

Today, the filmmaker confirmed that Sin City stars Mickey Rourke and Rosario Dawson will be back for the sequel. Here's what the filmmaker had to say.

"We still have to cast. I'm shooting Machete Kills next month, and we go right into Sin City. It might overlap, but we haven't done any casting yet, except for the people who we know are already in it and returning. A Dame to Kill For, all those people come back. I just had lunch with Mickey [Rourke] this weekend. He's all excited to come back, but he's probably the first one. I saw Rosario [Dawson] too. I ran into her for something else, and she's pumped. They've always been excited about doing another one, so that will be fun."

It has been long rumored that Angelina Jolie may play the title role, although the director revealed he hasn't reached out to her yet.

"I haven't even gotten to meet with her yet about it or discuss with Frank (Miller) about who we would want to go with or talk to first. That's a fun process, but that probably won't happen in the next month."

The director was also asked if he plans on reinventing the style for this sequel, since a slew of movies pulled from the original Sin City's look.

"I probably thought that back then, but now, even people did green screen stuff, Sin City is very unique. It's not just the visuals. It's the story and how it's told and Frank's storytelling that works when you're looking at it in a book or in a film. It works in any way, shape or form. He's just a great writer and visualist and storyteller with pictures in a way that's different than what anyone else can think of. It's so unique, and I think that's why people keep asking for another Sin City in particular. In terms of just visuals and effects, yeah, it will evolve from the original, for sure."

Click here to read the full interview with Robert Rodriguez for Sin City: A Dame to Kill For.

Sin City: A Dame to Kill For comes to theaters in 2013.
Source: Movieweb

Movie Forums Insomniac
When??
Btw,cant wait...

According to what I posted earlier...There's no official release date but it is expected to arrive late next year.

Movie Forums Insomniac
Just announced today, Dimension Films has set an Oct. 4, 2013 release date for Sin City: A Dame To Kill For.

News in for Sin City 2 is that Joseph Gordon-Levitt is in a newly written role...

... and Josh Brolin is taking over the role of Dwight McCarthy, originally played by Clive Owen.
Anyone who knows the original will know that the Dwight McCarthy character had plastic surgery, so Brolin will be said character, but with a different face.

News in for Sin City 2 is that Joseph Gordon-Levitt is in a newly written role...

... and Josh Brolin is taking over the role of Dwight McCarthy, originally played by Clive Owen.
Anyone who knows the original will know that the Dwight McCarthy character had plastic surgery, so Brolin will be said character, but with a different face.
Beat me to the news Rodent, noticed this whilst looking at the Weinstein site randomly yesterday, but great news in my opinion, I loved the original and Brolin and JGL I like a lot, particularly JGL who has been superb in recent years.

Ehhh... she's ok

Anything with JGL has my attention, I vaguely remember parts about Sin City, but bought it on blu ray to watch before Sin City 2 comes out. JGL picks his roles with a lot of integrity and thought. Anything he is in I will watch. P

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

JGL picks his roles with a lot of integrity and thought. Anything he is in I will watch.
He's becoming one of those actors for me too. I recently watching 50/50 he did with Seth Rogan. I thought the movie itself was very poor (all wrapped up far too nicely in a heartwarming bow) but his performance was brilliant. He really brought you into feeling for his character and getting invested in the outcome of the movie. A great actor, even back when he was in 3rd Rock From The Sun.

Eva Green has just got me interested in this film, extremely interested. Nice casting, she's more than 'ok'. Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Juno Temple are two more excellent additions to the cast. Like the sound of this film more and more.