25.00%
3 votes
iPhone
75.00%
9 votes
Other
12 votes. You may not vote on this poll

S'up everyone.

I've realised i've become decreasingly geeky and tech orientated and now no longer know what the crack is with mobile phones at the moment. My iPhone 3GS has come for upgrade but i've instinctively gone for a 4S without looking at other options. I've since been advised a Samsung Galaxy 3 (?) is where the **** is at but I don't know ins and outs of why except better processor etc though not sure how that directly effects me or the phone. Apparently the iPhone5 is out in October so my 4S will be outdated sooner than hoped.

Basically, i'm an indecisive bloke and will ummm and ahhh indefinitely and get stuck with whatever without your opinions. So what do I get?

And let's hear some general opinions on phones etc. Let's go

I voted other.

I use a Windows Mobile.

More compatibility with other systems and does the same as a PC and laptop.

Reverse compatibility is non existent. iphones, Blackberry, Google Android thingys, Palm, or whatever, aren't compatible with Windows, meaning they can't read anything written by a Windows program, but Windows can read them and anything written by them.

Though I do hate what Microsoft and Windows stand for, and I hate the fact that they rip you off every six months with upgarding their technology. It's all a money making scam, but Windows is still by far the most user friendly, best working, more powerful and most compatible system going.

It's also far more secure and easier to upgrade and backup if anything goes wrong.

Windows Mobile, all the way.

Movie Forums Insomniac
I have the LG Optimus V3g Smartphone. Works perfectly for what I need.

Princess of Power
Mobile phones is the one thing I'm really old school on. My mobile is a £15 piece of tat that you can only talk and text on, but its all I need.

^ I'm the same, all I want in a phone is to text/talk and it's got a pretty background sequence every day and goes through the seasons.

It's so pwerttyyyyyy. One day there are butterflies fluttering on my screen and other days scary eyes looking out from the darkness!

And that's what is important in a mobile phone, fluttering butterflies.

As for phones - people I know are always going on about those Samsung Galaxy, and BlackBerry phones mostly.

Blackberries can go whistle.

I think I feel a need to have an 'in' gadget to play with, more so than a functioning phone

I think I feel a need to have an 'in' gadget to play with, more so than a functioning phone
Unfortunately I feel the same way.

I'm very happy with my iPhone 4S. There's a reason Apple lead the market like they do.

You ready? You look ready.
I voted other because I use a dumb phone, but if you're looking for the best smart phone out today it would be the latest iPhone. Just freaking works. Sick phone.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Reverse compatibility is non existent. iphones, Blackberry, Google Android thingys, Palm, or whatever, aren't compatible with Windows, meaning they can't read anything written by a Windows program, but Windows can read them and anything written by them.
But how many people need this function? Are there really that many people who need their phones to read word docs/etc.?

I vote iPhone because its, by far, the most established smart phone on the market. They've been doing it long enough that they're good at it and it has a very deep app market.

Yes, some of the other phones have faster processors and bigger screens, but you're not going to find all the same apps in their stores. I'm not a big apple supporter, in fact, I hate their computer OS, but they do know how to make accessories.

The iPhone's great, but I wouldn't say it's head and shoulders above the top Droid phones any more. I've had a Droid Incredible for about a year and a half, and it's pretty fantastic. And at this point you can get an app for basically anything you need on both platforms; iPhone gets the edge there, but it's largely becoming a niche edge. Lots of developers develop for both platforms now.

My next phone will probably be another Droid of some kind, too. At this point if you pick a well-reviewed phone it's pretty hard to go wrong.

no longer know what the crack is with mobile phones at the moment. My iPhone 3GS has come for upgrade
Oh no! only an iPhone 3? You must be the laughing stock of Southampton.

I'm still using carrier pigeons mate.

Oh no! only an iPhone 3? You must be the laughing stock of Southampton.

I'm still using carrier pigeons mate.
Thought you rabble up North had upgraded to cup and string?

If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
I have the iPhone 4S. First iPhone I've ever had (thank you, company I work for!), and I do enjoy it. Biggest pro for me is the camera.

I have to go with the iphone, especially beause I own one to lol