A Third, And Possibly Last Face-Off From Me, This Time... Star Wars

Tools    

One Vote Per Person, Which Is The Best Of The Franchise?
0%
0 votes
Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace
0%
0 votes
Star Wars Episode II: Attack Of The Clones
0%
0 votes
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge Of The Sith
26.47%
9 votes
Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope
64.71%
22 votes
Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
8.82%
3 votes
Star Wars Episode VI: Return Of The Jedi
34 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Well, so far I've posted two face-offs.
One is Sci-Fi Fantasy, the other is soully for the Star Trek Film Series.

I had a search of the forum and couldn't find one for this, so...

I give you the Face-Off to end all Face-Offs: Star Wars.

Vote for your favourite, one vote per person, so use The Force...

... and choose wisely.

Precious tritium is what makes this project go.
It's definitely Empire for me...One of the greatest sequels of all time.

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
The prequels shouldn't be here... They're ok, but honestly, who's going to vote for them?

Which one did you vote for, Nausicaa?
There's only one vote for the one with the Ewoks, and that one was mine.

I had to put the prequels in, you never know, there may be George Lucas on here as a member somewhere that would like to vote for Episode I.

(Edit: Now there's two votes for Ep VI, scrap my question to Nausicaa)

Movie Forums Insomniac
If I had to choose I'd pick The Empire Strikes Back. But I'm sick and tired of the whole Star Wars thing in general. Sure the movies are fun and a treat for sci- fi lovers, but they aren't that fantastic to be praised as much as they are. And if I see another milking of a DVD or Blu-ray, I'm going to seriously go mideival on George Lucas' ass.

I almost went for "A New Hope" based on the degree of difficulty involved in kick-starting the whole thing so effectively. The ending of that film puts it, for me, a lot closer than most other people have it to "Empire." But yeah, it's still "Empire."

A system of cells interlinked
The original film, for sure. It's a complete story that also plays into a much larger whole. The same cannot be said for Empire, which comes in second for me. Empire might technically be the superior piece of film making, but I like the first flick the best and watch it the most often.

Some good choices going on there, has everyone had a go at the other Face-offs?

I voted for Episode VI myself (even though it's my own Poll). Found it to be a good round up and a fitting end to the Chosen One Legend. He was the chosen one, just not in the way that was expected.
Nice kind-of-twist.

Also the haunting finale battle between Father and Son has always stuck with me, since I first ever watched all 3 originals back to back on VHS way back in the late 80s.
Really made a mark on my Star Wars appreciation mentality.

Empire, no question about it. The heart of the whole series.

If I had to choose I'd pick The Empire Strikes Back. But I'm sick and tired of the whole Star Wars thing in general. Sure the movies are fun and a treat for sci- fi lovers, but they aren't that fantastic to be praised as much as they are. And if I see another milking of a DVD or Blu-ray, I'm going to seriously go mideival on George Lucas' ass.
Says the guy with the opinion.

I voted for Empire, though I've seen A New Hope the most by far.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Empire will take this easily, but I went with Jedi.

Suspect's Reviews

In the Beginning...
I actually really like Return of the Jedi, probably more than most, but The Empire Strikes Back is still just too good to vote against. So Empire for me. (I think Jedi is still my favorite, though.)

A New Hope. It's been years since I watched these films, but I always thought Empire was kinda boring with them all on that snowy planet. It has a very exciting ending, though. I need to get them on Blu-ray and rewatch them.