Any NBA Basketball fans?

Tools    

It was over 30 seconds into the game when Tatum hurt his ankle. It serves them right, that's what you get when you don't bring it every night and let every single series go longer than they should.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
The first playoff game I watched from start to finish, and it was never close. Onto The Finals.. I'm still rooting for Denver, think they'll win, but can never count Miami out, despite not having the size for Jokic.

I just hope it's close.

Btw, there was a sorta "Inside the NBA" on NBATV (which is all owned by Turner - same building) and they had Charles Barkley, Shaq, Grant Hill, and Matt Weiner (who would be the best replacement when Ernie retires). It was better than the game, but hopefully Miami gets Hero back. You can't ever have enough healthy guys, but I hear Martin is ill (as am I) and another rotation guy is questionable. I just don't see Bam being able to contain Jokic, despite being a fine defender. Not enough height and too skinny, while Jokic has enough meat on the bones to mix it up inside, and to get rebounds without working so damn hard.

Bigger component for Michael Jordan's winning, Scottie Pippen or Phil Jackson??

Bigger component for Michael Jordan's winning, Scottie Pippen or Phil Jackson??

That's a good question. But with Pippen, he got better year by year, but he (and his teammates) were only afforded that opportunity because of Phil Jackson, who knew a team won championships, not a single player. He was the lead assistant for Doug Collins, who preferred an MJ-centric offense.. After one win, he said, "The plan was, get the ball to Michael, and everybody else getting out of the fckin way" and that was their offense, but you can only go so far. The ball is faster than foot movement. Phil Jackson used Tex Winters' offense which even worked without having a guy like Shaq, or a low-post threat like almost every team had. I guess Cartwright was, using the post to shoot those ugly mid-range shots (not as ugly as his FT's, though).

It's too bad MJ lost in the playoffs against Orlando (and being retired the year before) because they would have faced Houston, a team they could never beat in the two regular season games. Hakeem would have been a nightmare for them. With the Lakers, Celtics, Pistons, Sixers out of the pictures (retirements, re-building, etc), the Bulls didn't have too much resistance, and MJ always had talent.. From the beginning, George Gervin, Charles Oakley to Bill Cartwright.. Add Pippen and Horace Grant. For all the hate toward the Pistons, they sure loved getting Rodman, Buddha, Salley, etc.. Krause went and got Kukoc, a guy who could do it all, fit well in the system and hit the game-winning shot when Pippen cried and sat on the bench. BJ Armstrong was an all-star! We remember Paxson hitting big shots. Steve Kerr, who still has the highest overall 3-pt shooting percentage, at a time it wasn't practiced as much. Ron Harper at point guard! He was one of the best players in the league, and was a heck of a defender. I'm surprised they didn't win more.

After watching "The Last Dance", I can't believe players would openly make fun of their team president Jerry Krause, usually about his weight on the team bus. He was a Top 5 President/GM in the NBA. I couldn't imagine Celtic players doing that to Red Auerbach.

I think Miami ties it up. Michael Porter has been suckin' on both ends.
Miami never had a chance vs Denver. Denver has the best player on the planet right now and they are just bigger at every position than Miami while also being more talented. It didn't even matter that Porter as sh*t the bed, they didn't need him. I admire Miami's run but they were never beating Denver.

I still maintain Milwaukee was the best team out of the East. They lost because Miami was better than an 8 seed and mainly because Giannis missed the first 3 games of that series and was a hobbled in game 4 and 5. I was bummed it wasn't Denver vs Milwaukee.

Silver lining though. Next year we go into the year with Giannis 2 MVPs vs Jokic 2 MVPs. One ring a piece and 1 Finals MVP a piece (I imagine Joker will get it). If it's Denver vs Milwaukee which I fully expect next year if both stay healthy...this will be some Bird vs Magic territory gone international. That will be fun. Unless of course my Magic disrupt it and make the Finals ahead of schedule ;-)

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

Miami never had a chance vs Denver. Denver has the best player on the planet right now and they are just bigger at every position than Miami while also being more talented. It didn't even matter that Porter as sh*t the bed, they didn't need him. I admire Miami's run but they were never beating Denver.

I still maintain Milwaukee was the best team out of the East. They lost because Miami was better than an 8 seed and mainly because Giannis missed the first 3 games of that series and was a hobbled in game 4 and 5. I was bummed it wasn't Denver vs Milwaukee.

Silver lining though. Next year we go into the year with Giannis 2 MVPs vs Jokic 2 MVPs. One ring a piece and 1 Finals MVP a piece (I imagine Joker will get it). If it's Denver vs Milwaukee which I fully expect next year if both stay healthy...this will be some Bird vs Magic territory gone international. That will be fun. Unless of course my Magic disrupt it and make the Finals ahead of schedule ;-)

I agree and had Milwaukee vs. Denver, with Denver winning it.

Injuries suck. So much for load management!

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
The prophet said, “Nuggs in 5!”

Yeah he always seemed like a Monta Ellis type that puts up numbers, but isnt really a franchise player. Trade looks like a wash to me overall though.

His contract is just way too prohibitive, especially with the new CBA rules coming in. Phoenix has the potential to be a disaster for a few years as they don't control their picks for the rest of the decade.

The trick is not minding
Brad Beal is a baller. It’s a good trade for Phoenix, but also shows they’re desperate to win now. They know their window is closing