What do you think of Dwayne Johnson?

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Oh, I loooooove Star Trek, just not the JJ Abrams abominations.
I skipped out on Trekkie genes. My brothers got them all.

Is he the guy the call The Rock?

CR he used to be a wrestler called The Rock... he turned to acting.. he's in the 2nd Mummy movie with Brendan Frasier and Rachel Weiss... he plays The Scorpion King and in the movie by the same title..

He's done The Rundown, Walking Tall (remake), San Andres, the new Jumaji film, The Tooth Fairy, Baywatch (remake), Hercules, The Fast and Furious movies, Get Smart (film) and about another dozen other films

I do not like him with Kevin Hart... I hated Central Intelligence...

Oh, I loooooove Star Trek, just not the JJ Abrams abominations.
I never knew he was on Voyager (and I used to follow that show). More likely, I just didn't know who he was at the time and forgot his appearance since then.

On a whim, I'm watching all the ST movies again almost back to back.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
I want the Rock and Mamoa to team-up in something. I'm sure Lisa Bonet would give her blessing.

I think he's genuinely an all-round nice guy in real life.

As an athlete, he's an inspiration.

As an action movie star, he's average.

As an actor, he has yet to blow me away.

As a potential presidential candidate, I'm heavily skeptical.
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Keep your station clean - OR I WILL KILL YOU
He's not an actor that crosses my mind often. I acknowledge how popular he is, he's a charming guy and serviceable enough at acting in the blockbusters. I'm kind of curious to see what kind of acting range he has, anything he was particularly great in?

He's not an actor that crosses my mind often. I acknowledge how popular he is, he's a charming guy and serviceable enough at acting in the blockbusters. I'm kind of curious to see what kind of acting range he has, anything he was particularly great in?
Watch "Walking Tall" remake...He and Johnny Knoxville are great together....and watch "The Rundown"...same with him and Sean William Scott.

I think he's great playing characters that are not intended to be taken seriously. Those are not the most popular movies on this forum, but there's certainly a place for them. He's likable.
Same on all counts.

I really like him, he's basically our generations Steve Mcqueen he's at his best as a tough guy/action hero. My top ten Rock movies would be

1. Faster (2010)

This is one of those movies you might catch on Cable and be shocked at how good it is. It's a violent neo-noir with a dark humor streak think John Wick without the huge choreographed gun battles.

2. The Rundown (2003)

Peter Berg doesn't get enough credit as an auteur but this is a fantastic film.

3. Fast Five (2011) This is my favorite of the series as it's a cat and mouse game with The Rock and the F&F crew. This was the best crew as only Tyrese was the only weak link in this cast (normally it's the villain).

4. Walking Tall(2004) like the first two on the list but less with the funny

5. Snitch (2013) This was his "acting" movie about a father trying to save his son from the drug dealers and feds.

6. Moana (2016) The movie wasn't really for me but I can recognize quality.

7. Fast and Furious 6(2013) We don't get the Rock starring vehicle that five was and Luke Evans is meh but it was watchable.

8. Pain and Gain (2013) Rock tried to mix it up and he's good, Michael Bay sort of ruined this one.

9. The Other Guys(2010) It's basically a cameo but it's a really great cameo.

10. Furious 7(2015) It's basically a cameo but it's a good movie.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
LOL and Dwayne the Just Stop Talking Johnson.

i like him in rampage a lot, very funny and action packed film.

Kinda conflicted and meandering thought on Mr Johnson, I'll try to word them.

He has a poor choice in movies roles, don't think he knows what makes a good film, reads lousy scripts and jumps on board

He is someone you'd want around in a crisis, world would probably be a better place with more Johnson's in some respect.

Maybe not brighter but kinder.

Called Kamala Harris and Joe Bidden his heros, just disingenuous Hollywood BS, utter claptrap, don't believe a word of it, not a deep thinker, a sleeper..

Wish I could be him for a day , just go around butting bullies heads together.. yeah oh yeah , I'd just go around sniffing for wrong doers, eyebrow aloft

He has one awesome eyebrow...

Jack Black does a better Dwayne Johnson than Dwayne Johnson does himself, this is hilarious and rather sweet

The truth is in here
I haven't seen him in much. My biggest problem is the lack of variety in his resumé. Just one action schlock piece after another with only occasional glimpses of something else. It doesn't invite me into wanting to check out most of his work.

He's just the newest bulgy, veiny action guy. Schwarzenegger, Stallone, Van Damme. Only without the outrageous accent/Looney Tunes speech impediment.

He is more personable and charismatic than those other guys.