A kid and his/her imaginary friend are involved in a conspiracy.

Tools    

The doors of wisdom are never shut. - 'Socrates'
Hi peeps, I'm trying to find the name to a movie from ages ago (probably 1980s). I'm really hazy on many of the details or plot but it was about a kid and his/her imaginary friend and they're caught up in some sort of conspiracy due to, I think, some top secret info/device they come into. I'd thought the imaginary friend was Tom Seleck but I've gone through his list of movies and can't find anything. Not much to go on I know. Hopefully one of you amazing people on here can help and if not then thanks anyway.
Did you know that in the 1980s movie PREDATOR the titular character was not originally portrayed by Kevin Peter Hall. It was in fact Jean-Claude Van Damme donning a much more insect inspired full body suit before he left the production which then led to the recasting and redesigning of the famous hunter.

Cloak & Dagger
1984, Richard Franklin. Starring Henry Thomas, Dabney Coleman, and Michael Murphy with Christina Nigra, John McIntire, Jeanette Nolan, Tim Rossovich, William Forsythe, Robert DoQui, and Linden Chiles. The Macguffin is hidden inside an ATARI game cartridge.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

The doors of wisdom are never shut. - 'Socrates'
Cloak & Dagger
1984, Richard Franklin. Starring Henry Thomas, Dabney Coleman, and Michael Murphy with Christina Nigra, John McIntire, Jeanette Nolan, Tim Rossovich, William Forsythe, Robert DoQui, and Linden Chiles. The Macguffin is hidden inside an ATARI game cartridge.

Damn Pike. You're good. Thats looks like it. Thanks :-)