Faux Writer's Top 100 Favorite Movies: Part Deaux

→ in
Tools    

I haven't watched Interview with the Vampire in ages, but it used to be one of my favorite movies. I really ought to revisit it.

Haven't seen the other two.
It definitely looks 90s, but wouldn't say it's dated at all. I'm sure you'll still like it if you watch it again!

Logan is one of the few 2017 movies that I've seen, and I liked it a lot. I'm usually hit or miss on the superhero movies, but I liked most of the Marvel movies more than the DC movies, and I liked all of the previous X-Men movies, so I had high hopes for it, but I wasn't sure if it was going to be too violent for me. It's a bit too violent for my tastes, but it's not just violence for the sake of being violent, so it works well in the movie, and it didn't bother me as much as I thought it would.

I thought it was one of the best superhero films, so when I can find the time, I'm looking forward to watching the Noir version of the movie on the Blu-Ray disc.
Yeah I actually haven't seen the Noir yet either. Definitely a good reason to check it out again!

Hardcore Henry is an underrated classic.
Yeah I feel that it has its own cult following of people that love it. I agree with you, thanks Hashtag!

Good stuff and I'm another fan of One False Move, although I find the beginning quite upsetting.
Thanks cricket! Yeah I was pretty surprised by just how brutal the opening was. It really made you want to see the bad guys go down, and root for the police to catch them.

I've only seen Casablanca once, back when I was first seeking out the most-acclaimed classics, and although I enjoyed it-- the script, especially -- I was also a bit underwhelmed given its enormous reputation. Bogart has since become one of my favorite actors, and Bergman one of my favorite actresses, so I think I'm much more likely to love Casablanca after a much overdue second viewing.

I haven't seen Beauty and the Beast since elementary school, when I probably dismissed it for being too "girly." That's another film I desperately need to revisit. Surprised to see Shotgun Stories show up, as I think it's Nichols's weakest film. Stalker is one of the most impressive film I've seen, although I doubt it'll ever be a personal favorite. Logan immediately became a new favorite of mine, so I'm happy to see it show up on your list. I think it's as good as any superhero film ever made. Interview with the Vampire is very good, although I generally prefer my vampires less aristocratic.

You're slacking with the updates!

I want to apologize to anyone who was following this. I have no excuses other than I just got too caught up in other stuff and kinda forgot about this. I haven't even logged on to this site since the last time I posted in this thread. I've decided to not continue with it. I would rather just completely restart it since my list may be slightly different now from when I first started.

Just wanted to say sorry, this is the first time I just straight-up abandoned one of my lists. When/if I do another one I'll make sure to stick with it to the end.

No worries, life happens. Thanks for checking back! And nice to see you around again.

Thanks Yoda

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I want to apologize to anyone who was following this. I have no excuses other than I just got too caught up in other stuff and kinda forgot about this. I haven't even logged on to this site since the last time I posted in this thread. I've decided to not continue with it. I would rather just completely restart it since my list may be slightly different now from when I first started.

Just wanted to say sorry, this is the first time I just straight-up abandoned one of my lists. When/if I do another one I'll make sure to stick with it to the end.

No apology is necessary. Sometimes life just gets in the way. We understand. I'm looking forward to your new list.

BTW, I haven't forgotten about the Bill Paxton movie One False Move. It's still on my DVR, but it keeps getting pushed back by movies for the MoFo countdowns.

No apology is necessary. Sometimes life just gets in the way. We understand. I'm looking forward to your new list.

BTW, I haven't forgotten about the Bill Paxton movie One False Move. It's still on my DVR, but it keeps getting pushed back by movies for the MoFo countdowns.

Cool! I'd still like to know your thoughts on it!