Rate and Rank the Films of Quentin Tarantino

Tools    

Are you gonna bark all day, little doggy?
1. Pulp Fiction: Near perfect film)
+
2. Reservoir Dogs: My favorite out of all of them, but Pulp Fiction is a more competent film.

3. Hateful Eight: It seems boring at first but in retrospect a very thrilling film.
-
4. Django Unchained: Waltz is the best part of this film, it goes downhill once he dies.

5. Kill Bill Vol. 2: Gordon Liu remains spectacularly entertaining to this very day.

6. Inglourious Basterds: Entertaining, but left me empty.

7. Kill Bill Vol. 1: My least favorite, but still a very good film. Some scenes are simply too gratuitous.
+

2. Reservoir Dogs: My favorite out of all of them, but Pulp Fiction is a more competent film.
I don't disagree that Pulp Fiction is the better made film; in fact i agree! Always find it weird when someone tries to objectively rank things in this sort of thread though, think people should just post their personal rankings outside of how well the film is made, how well the film is made and how much you enjoy it aren't necessarily mutually exclusive but you said yourself you prefer Dogs despite thinking Pulp Fiction is the better film, Dogs is your #1 then. This isn't specific to you and you can do whatever the hell you want, just saying i've always found that weird.

01. Reservoir Dogs
02. Pulp Fiction
03. Jackie Brown
04. Inglorious Basterds
05. The Hateful Eight
06. Django Unchained
07. Kill Bill (not seen either in years so i'm not going to separate them.)
08. Death Proof

I don't disagree that Pulp Fiction is the better made film; in fact i agree! Always find it weird when someone tries to objectively rank things in this sort of thread though, think people should just post their personal rankings outside of how well the film is made, how well the film is made and how much you enjoy it aren't necessarily mutually exclusive but you said yourself you prefer Dogs despite thinking Pulp Fiction is the better film, Dogs is your #1 then. This isn't specific to you and you can do whatever the hell you want, just saying i've always found that weird.

01. Reservoir Dogs
02. Pulp Fiction
03. Jackie Brown
04. Inglorious Basterds
05. The Hateful Eight
06. Django Unchained
07. Kill Bill (not seen either in years so i'm not going to separate them.)
08. Death Proof
In terms of which films are BEST I put Pulp Fiction first. It's slightly more entertaining, it's better made, and the score and acting are just as good. Reservoir Dogs is also less creative. The most brilliant scenes of Dogs is copied from City of Fire.

But it connects with me more. It's not a matter of which is even more entertaining. I just like it more for some weird reason, and that's why it's higher on my list of favorite movies.

But it's below Pulp Fiction when I'm only ranking his films. The OP never said HOW I should rank them.

You follow?

In terms of which films are BEST I put Pulp Fiction first. It's slightly more entertaining, it's better made, and the score and acting are just as good. Reservoir Dogs is also less creative. The most brilliant scenes of Dogs is copied from City of Fire.

But it connects with me more. It's not a matter of which is even more entertaining. I just like it more for some weird reason, and that's why it's higher on my list of favorite movies.

But it's below Pulp Fiction when I'm only ranking his films. The OP never said HOW I should rank them.

You follow?
No, i got why you did it right away. I'm just saying i personally feel that's a weird way of thinking. Want to say before i go any further i'm not meaning weird in an insulting way, i think and hope you already know that, i'm more meaning foreign to me and to how i see the majority of members respond to this sort of thread; again you do you.

All i'm saying is do you actually give Reservoir Dogs a lower rating than Pulp Fiction despite it connecting with you more and being higher up your favourites? Like, how do you keep your criteria for judging all films against each other consistent? My ratings are absolutely always for how much i like the film; as i said that doesn't need to be mutually exclusive with how well it's made, many of my favourites are because i think they are amazingly crafted films. It's just that i'm fine admitting Blade Runner is a much better film than My Cousin Vinny but My Cousin Vinny is always going to be rated higher to me because it's something that means alot more to me. I don't get attempted objectivity in ratings at all personally.

1. Inglorious Basterds
2. Django Unchained
3. Pulp Fiction

4. Death Proof
5. Kill Bill vol. 1
6. Kill Bill vol. 2

The Hateful Eight is still on my "to watch" list. I'm really exctited about his new project "Once upon a time in Hollywood" with DiCaprio and Pitt (probably Margot Robbie will be a part of it too).

Except for position(s) 1 (and 2), this list always changes for me, depending on my mood:

1) Pulp Fiction - By far his most wholesome, flawless and iconic film.

2) Inglourious Basterds - Filled with brilliant moments and has a very satisfying catharsis.

3) Django Unchained - Has its flaws (for instance a pretty weak third act), but ultimately remains a very rich and entertaining film that I always love revisiting. Perhaps not one of his best overall, but definitely one of my favorites.

4) The Hateful Eight - Not as rich as Django Unchained, but it's more focused and has a better third act.

5) Kill Bill Vol.1 & 2 - Uneven at times, but mostly just a very fun tribute to cult cinema (especially Vol. 1).

6) Reservoir Dogs - Only ranked this low because it's a significantly smaller film than the above. I like Tarantino when he's thinking big. It's probably his most focused film, though, so I understand why people think it's one of his best.

7) Jackie Brown - This film is a little less successful when it tries to play with time compared to some of his other work, but it has other qualities that still make it a very worthwile picture. Pam Grier is stunning and there are plenty of great moments. I should rewatch it sometime. It's been a while.

8) Death Proof - By far his worst film.

1. Kill Bill Vol. 1
2. Kill Bill Vol. 2
3. Inglourious Basterds
4. Django Unchained
5. Death Proof
6. Jackie Brown
7. Reservoir Dogs
8. Pulp Fiction
9. The Hateful Eight

The list is personal

1. Pulp Fiction: Near perfect film)
+

3. Hateful Eight: It seems boring at first but in retrospect a very thrilling film.
-
4. Django Unchained: Waltz is the best part of this film, it goes downhill once he dies.

5. Kill Bill Vol. 2: Gordon Liu remains spectacularly entertaining to this very day.

6. Inglourious Basterds: Entertaining, but left me empty.

7. Kill Bill Vol. 1: My least favorite, but still a very good film. Some scenes are simply too gratuitous.
+
Like your ratings though i would have switched Django and Hateful...no mention of Jackie Brown?

Like your ratings though i would have switched Django and Hateful...no mention of Jackie Brown?
On rewatching them, I'd say yes, Inglourious is the superior film. Both plots are cartoon-thin but it's the small setpieces that count in Tarantino and Basterds is simply better in that respect. In retrospect, I also would rank the Hateful Eight a bit lower because it trades the small moments for the big ones and thus loses out. It's simply not as good.

Reservoir Dogs is still awesome. Pulp Fiction a little less so, but still at least 4.5/5.

And now that I've seen Jackie Brown, I'd give it a 4/5. People seem to rate it on the lower side since it doesn't have the Tarantino stylized bloodshed but it's still a good film.

Kill Bill Vol. 1
True Romance
Pulp Fiction
Django Unchained
Reservoir Dogs
The Hateful Eight
Kill Bill Vol. 2
Inglorious Bastards
Jackie Brown
Death Proof
From Dusk Till Dawn

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Kill Bill Vol. 1
True Romance
Pulp Fiction
Django Unchained
Reservoir Dogs
The Hateful Eight
Kill Bill Vol. 2
Inglorious Bastards
Jackie Brown
Death Proof
From Dusk Till Dawn
Have you seen Natural Born Killers? You're putting on films he only wrote and did not direct.

Suspect's Reviews

Have you seen Natural Born Killers? You're putting on films he only wrote and did not direct.

Tarantino disowned Natural Born Killers

I also put films he wrote as well as directed

1. Pulp Fiction
  2. Inglorious Basterds
  3. Kill Bill I/II
  4. Reservoir Dogs
  5. The Hateful Eight
  6. Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
  7. Jackie Brown
  8. Death Proof
  9. Django Unchained